Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 07:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
They trend toward self-refuting or self-defeating ideas as well i.e. ideas whose falsehood is a logical consequence of the act or situation of holding them to be true.

Although imho, the most annoying common attribute is being unwilling or unable to admit they're internally conflicted.

Wait a minute, even more annoying ~ they often seem to get prickly when the flaws in their dogma are pointed out.
We need you on our side Chi. I'm not patronizing you here now. You have quite the intellectual depth. Use if for good. Not evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 07:12 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
How do I know who is part of the State and who is not?

You aren't passing out the yellow stars to wear on our arms yet, are ya?

#don't_steal_my_hashtags_or_little_sayings_it_viol ates_the_NAP

Apparently I am according to you. Therefore you would be justified to murder me in my sleep in self defense. Any member of the military definitely is, you would be justified to murder them in their sleep. Any politician low level to high level, and fed gov employee. All fair game for you to go self defense on them.

Funny thing is, my morality tells me that murdering you would be wrong.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:14 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
I had recently set up a rain catchment system on my property and I didn't want to wake up one morning with one of your hired goons pointing an AR-15 in my face.
Rain catchment? In L.A.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNibj8LW-Q

Old 04-18-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Wow. Haven't seen that in years.

Just giving Chi the business. It's the least we deserve to do against our bullies.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:17 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
That was friendly banter.

I had recently set up a rain catchment system on my property and I didn't want to wake up one morning with one of your hired goons pointing an AR-15 in my face.

I also called you my favorite statist. I believe you'll have me killed with a smile on your face.

Us AnCaps brought a good debate in this thread. No bogarting. We want to do what's right for the collective good...just like you taught us.

Totally took it as friendly banter, my friend. Didn't I just say I thought it was sortof cute?

& didn't I forgive you (more than once) for alleging I give a flying ... about the height of your fences, catchment systems or whatever?

& you're my favorite drama queen remind me again how I'm ostensibly having you killed?

Sheeesh.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:19 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Wow. Haven't seen that in years.

Just giving Chi the business. It's the least we deserve to do against our bullies.
Bruh, 90s hip-hop and r&b are my medicine. Inoculates me from all the statism.

Even though I am younger than you gramps.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:19 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
We need you on our side Chi. I'm not patronizing you here now. You have quite the intellectual depth. Use if for good. Not evil.
Wut the ever-loving eff?

Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Wut the ever-loving eff?
You're too smart to be a statist. That's what I'm telling you.

It was compliment.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:26 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Homie, right now, if we can agree on bloodthirsty U.S. foreign policy, that's all that matters. The economics can be settled at a later time.

I will say though that in an ancap society you and other ansyns would be free to set up any township you'd like under your economic system, just as long as you don't force it on those of us who don't wish to participate.
Since we seem to reaching the point of virtual violence perhaps better to return to overseas. Now in a recent thread we agreed on some U.S. foreign policy transgressions (and there have been many) but disagreed completely on who were the "good" players and who the "bad" players in that thread topic.

No argument that, for example, the existence or not of WMDs is of enormous portent. And that the state should be held accountable for its errors, which it is through a complicated system of international law, resort to litigation, political penalties. But when you an anarchist asks me to adopt your system (well, in theory) but then does not (granted my take only) sort out the on-ground politics to my satisfaction how then should I react?

How should I place faith in an anarchical society that my actions may not be misconstrued or actions taken against me if there has not been a ferocious attention paid to (again my assessment only) the facts of the matter? Who is to be the collector of facts? Who is to be the judge? And what is my recourse for error?

Old 04-18-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Apparently I am according to you. Therefore you would be justified to murder me in my sleep in self defense. Any member of the military definitely is, you would be justified to murder them in their sleep. Any politician low level to high level, and fed gov employee. All fair game for you to go self defense on them.

Funny thing is, my morality tells me that murdering you would be wrong.
This is interesting.

When you send your henchmen to kill others do they ever fight back? Do you believe they have the right to fight back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies