Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 02:36 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think people with money get upset, because everyone wants to screw them over, and make up excuses or justifications to get their hands on their money.

Let's say a 25% tax rate is fair, well then it is fair no matter how much money a person has left over.

I think it's nothing short of theft, to want to take above and beyond a fair income tax percentage from a person just because they have money. It's like selling a car for $30,000, but charging another customer $50,000 for the same car, just because you want to take more of their money.

It's like charging a pretty woman more for a hair styling, just because she is prettier than you, with the same hair style.
You don't understand how "the commons" work obviously....

Old 04-16-2018, 02:36 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Because working people into an early grave is a great idea and people should never have any down time, even if they have more than one job. Check.
There’s a big difference between not having a flat screen TV and “working people to an early grave”. If you don’t want the TV, don’t work. You make the assumption that rich people don’t work hard. In fact, many are workaholics.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:38 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,937,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
It’s rich people’s fault that poor people are poor?
I dunno who is outsourcing the jobs, lowering the wages and raising the rents? It sure isn't working people.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:38 PM

17,297 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Exceptions abound of course. But generally speaking those who are financially better off are just more keyed into their expenses and wanting to put their money to work for them. On the other end you've got folks who don't even look at what taxes they are paying but just get excited about what to spend their refund on each year.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:42 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Because working people into an early grave is a great idea and people should never have any down time, even if they have more than one job. Check.
Do you feel the same way about tax slavery? I've posted the tax data (local, state, and federal).

The top 1% spends 43% of the year as tax slaves.

For the middle class, it's 25-27% of each year.

For the lowest quintile (20%), it's 13% of the year.

Which do you believe is adequate, and why isn't everyone subjected to tax slavery at the same percentage of each year?

Old 04-16-2018, 02:43 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,056 times
This country was founded, to a degree, in revolt to "taxation without representation". The other, and larger part of the equation, was the right to print our own money. Of course many people are upset about what they perceive as an unfair tax burden. Do they have a right to be upset? I'm of the opinion that they have the right to be upset about anything that upsets them.

The tax burden on the rich has gone down while their riches have gone up. I lose no sleep about their tax burden.

My complaint is the users and abusers of the system. I now have a rent free tenant...they are supposed to make needed home repairs in exchange for free rent. They receive, from the government, almost $1000/mt to live there. Imagine my surprise when I seen the custom furniture delivery truck show up. He is trying to get disability income as well.....after selling us on his ability to re-roof the house.

How do you feel about how our government spends the money? I supposed that enters how one feels about taxation. I personally hate excessive taxation. Why? Partially because so much is spent on hunting and harassing the taxpayer with their funds.

America has massive governmental spending problems for sure. Still probably better than most.

Our bullets are the best bullets. We make fantastic bullets. Nothing wrong with our bullets. We have all the best bullet makers right here.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:49 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I dunno who is outsourcing the jobs, lowering the wages and raising the rents? It sure isn't working people.
Why should companies pay more tax in the US if they can pay a lower tax rate elsewhere? Remember Warren Buffett's Burger King tax inversion? That's exactly what that was.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The turbo prop Cheyenne is a REALLY nice airplane, but the Mustang is on another level. Nice!!! I like the Citation because they can get in, and OUT of some relatively short fields.
True but I also like the beta range I can throw the props in but the Mustang has no reversers. So I am wondering if I need to re-engine the plane so I can have reversers. I go to some pretty tight areas.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
I mean, you have yours so who cares whether these people's only source of entertainment is unaffordable?
They can get a job and stop sucking off other people.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:56 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
Define rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies