Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:26 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times

Advertisements

I would encourage everyone to listen to James Comey as he goes around the country giving interviews as part of promoting the book he wrote.

Compare the measured statements that this man makes to angst and hyperbole that is always coming out of Donald Trump's mouth. Contrast a man who truly was interested in serving his country with a man who has spent his whole life making money and trying to sleep with as many women as he could. One man bases his life around evidence and proof. The other man spends much of his life dwelling on conspiracy theories and outright paranoia. One man understands the concept of integrity and that it is a larger concept than simply not telling a lie. The other man says whatever suits him from day to day and can't tell the truth from a lie.

Seeing such a stark comparison, I can only say that I am terribly ashamed of Donald Trump. This man is a stain on the honor of the United States. I wonder how many out there not only disapprove of Trump, but actually feel embarrassed by him as I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 08:32 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Same old tired I hate Trump crap, and I didn't vote for him and I don't want you to vote for him because we need to become a communist country and please hate all white people too and we need a new constitution, and Comey is a girl scout, and, and, and .....................

Lets talk about economy. Answer, I hate Trump
Lets talk about trade. Answer, I hate Trump
Lets talk about jobs. Answer, I hate Trump...........blah.......blah..........blah...
Lets start another I hate Trump thread. Answer, OK

Old 04-17-2018, 08:34 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Comey has done himself a huge disservice with this book. He comes across as petty and childish.

With that said, I'd believe anything Comey says over Trump without a 2nd though.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:57 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I would encourage everyone to listen to James Comey as he goes around the country giving interviews as part of promoting the book he wrote.

Compare the measured statements that this man makes to angst and hyperbole that is always coming out of Donald Trump's mouth. Contrast a man who truly was interested in serving his country with a man who has spent his whole life making money and trying to sleep with as many women as he could. One man bases his life around evidence and proof. The other man spends much of his life dwelling on conspiracy theories and outright paranoia. One man understands the concept of integrity and that it is a larger concept than simply not telling a lie. The other man says whatever suits him from day to day and can't tell the truth from a lie.

Seeing such a stark comparison, I can only say that I am terribly ashamed of Donald Trump. This man is a stain on the honor of the United States. I wonder how many out there not only disapprove of Trump, but actually feel embarrassed by him as I do.
Comey is not perfect.
Not perfect is ok if those miss steps are acknowledged and fix it.
Trump has a fixer of his mistakes to specifically keep them quiet so everyone around him is in the dark.
Trump is the anti democracy POTUS .He has to go.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:02 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,132 times
Yawn..........

Old 04-17-2018, 10:18 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post

I agree with you. Trump is a total embarrassment, like a crazy uncle. You can love him and still see him as out of place.

Some will claim we hate Trump, but that is the only motivation they understand. Just to make such a blanket claim about any and all critics of Trump is lazy, simplistic thinking.

I don't hate Mordecai Jones, but I would be embarrassed to see him elected president. Plus, he would likely appoint someone like Earnest T. Bass to head the EPA out of spite.

Comey is not perfect by any means, but he deeply cares about this country. He carries himself very well. He would make a great senator or governor of some state if he ever should decide to go for it, but somehow I think he would not consider it.

The Republican party will need people like James Comey in the post-Trump era, when the party begins to reform itself and begin to heal from the massive damage to it's credibility.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:25 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Comey: I Announced The Hillary Investigation Because Polls Showed Her Ahead

In his new book “A Higher Loyalty,” former FBI Director James Comey says the reason he announced that the FBI had re-opened its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server was polling. Yes. Seriously.

In late October of 2016, just days before the presidential election, polling was skewing in Clinton’s favor. Comey says this subconsciously influenced him to send a signed letter to Congress announcing that the bureau had re-opened its investigation into the former secretary of state.

In other words - he thought Hillary was safe to win, so he thought he would puff himself up by what he did.

Subconsciously?

Oops.

He is only out for himself. That's what it was then... that's what it is now.

----------------------------

He's not worried about the FBI either... just himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyR68Qb7z50

Last edited by DRob4JC; 04-17-2018 at 10:37 AM..

Old 04-17-2018, 10:26 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

I think you're right.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:46 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I think you're right.
I think so too.

That goes for most other people too, so I don't blame him.

He nonetheless has Trump pegged correctly. The book could have been full of praises for Trump, if Trump was praiseworthy, but then who would buy it?

Trump himself makes that book worth reading, Trump himself is the Prime Mover in all of his troubles. Trump creates the chaos, and he sets the tone. He is like a magnet for trouble, everything deceitful and immoral is drawn to Trump like a black hole pulls in stars.

Trump himself proudly states that when attacked he punches back harder. Well Comey can play that game too, he doesn't have to stand idly by while Trump continually trashes him.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:01 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Well. It does get a little unsettling when you have a sitting President who should be dealing with the business of the citizenry engaging in these mean girl twitter diatribes with Comey. And then there is the spectacle of the Commander in Chief calling a private citizen a criminal who should be jailed despite the fact that the person under attack has never been charged with a crime. The mark of an authoritarian like Putin. Washington, Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt. And then there’s Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies