Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:16 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Meant to add--according to a DNA test I am 1% sub-Saharan African. Am I a person of color in spite of my clown paint visage?
No. You are in a different group or sub group.

The correct liberal sub heading is "self-loathing", according to the latest classification standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 08:19 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
...except that the problem, in this case, is the perceived lack of opportunities for POC to display dominance over whites at the Claremont Colleges. A privately racist pool party at someone's house would not remedy that.
So a public racist pool party would?

LOL no worries, I would never attend a party that I didn't feel welcome at. That said this party is hypocritical, no?

Old 04-17-2018, 08:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
How ironic, people fought and died for the right not to be segregated and now they want to be segregated. Let them have self imposed segregation. It's doesn't harm me whatsoever.
Black folks didn’t fight for the right not to be segregated. They fought for equal justice and equal constitutional protections under the law. It wasn’t about wanting to rub elbows with you.

Moreover, this party in particular doesn’t seem to have much to do with African Americans. Take a look at the darn picture in the link. There aren’t that many blacks at The Colleges at Claremont to begin with.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black folks didn’t fight for the right not to be segregated. They fought for equal justice and equal constitutional protections under the law. It wasn’t about wanting to rub elbows with you.

Moreover, this party in particular doesn’t seem to have much to do with African Americans. Take a look at the darn picture in the link. There aren’t that many blacks at The Colleges at Claremont to begin with.
So you would be fine with a whites only pool party? Not just at Claremont but any University or college?
Me? I am fine with a People of color only as long as the same privilege is extended to all others. Asian only pool party. Hispanic only pool party. Blacks only pool party. Whites only. Just as long as everyone has that equal right.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
Meant to add--according to a DNA test I am 1% sub-Saharan African. Am I a person of color in spite of my clown paint visage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No. You are in a different group or sub group.

The correct liberal sub heading is "self-loathing", according to the latest classification standards.

Perhaps we can expect to see this on the 2020 census. Or maybe we'll have to wait for the 2030 census under President Chelsea Clinton.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:21 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
What does this even mean? How is a racially segregated pool ok at Scripps, but not in Monroe, NC?
I was trying to use irony in this thread to criticize the racist pool party advocates. My mistake for assuming a three-digit audience.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So you would be fine with a whites only pool party? Not just at Claremont but any University or college?
Me? I am fine with a People of color only as long as the same privilege is extended to all others. Asian only pool party. Hispanic only pool party. Blacks only pool party. Whites only. Just as long as everyone has that equal right.
Dude, whites only pool parties go on all the time in this country. This IS the United States after all.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:00 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,951 times
White people are in black student unions, East Asians join Indian drama clubs, it's not really a big deal is it? Is it racist to have a St. Patrick's day party?

I highly doubt they wouldn't let you come in if you were white. Do you really think they were going to stand at the door and say "no white people allowed?" Haha.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:09 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I highly doubt they wouldn't let you come in if you were white. Do you really think they were going to stand at the door and say "no white people allowed?" Haha.
Disinviting whites so POC could be "safe" was the whole point of the party. Haha. Funny stuff, right?

Old 04-17-2018, 10:10 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Well, we'll have to get out our sherwin-williams paint strips in order to determine that.

In a couple more generations and they're going to look back at this era for all it's idiocy over "shading".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies