Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 09:49 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What made Barbara Bush racist ?
I don't know what the professor was referring to

However, as has been posted in this thread, she made the following questionable comment referring to the war occurring the the professors home country.
Quote:
But why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it's going to happen, and how many this and what do you suppose? Or, I mean, it's, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that? And watch him suffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how so?
Because I don't understand why people make their own small-mindedness so evident by criticizing the appearance of someone whose thoughts they disagree with.

Not the mention the hypocrisy of responding to someone's nasty comments by saying nasty things.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:07 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Yep, one person's opinion about something makes it pretty clear.

So, we can conclude, based on one person's opinion, that Barbara Bush was racist and a witch.

You're being obtuse. There wasn't just one. There were several from pre 2018, which I stated in my post, that you only quoted part of.

I'm from this area. I got my degree from Fresno State and I've been following the local news on this affair. Bottom line is I don't think Castro will fire her, but the school will suffer terribly from all this. Already donors are pulling out in big numbers and I'm talking BIG number donors. One donor who has donated over 3 million dollars said he's done. CSUF gets around 18 million in donations and because of the stupidity of this woman, the college is in for a rocky road ahead. Enrollment will be way down next year. Some of the other professors are calling for her termination too, but I don't see it happening. Castro is meeting with the union reps to see what can be done.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
You're being obtuse. There wasn't just one. There were several from pre 2018, which I stated in my post, that you only quoted part of.
BULL ****ING ****

This is what you said
*emphasis mine
Quote:
Here's a review of her book on Amazon dated back in 2014, well before all this latest uproar. Makes it pretty clear who is the real racist. She's been spewing this hate for a long time. There were lots of other reviews pre 2018 that complained about the constant use of really foul language.
You posted ONE review
That review said she was " a racist bigot"
*emphasis mine
Quote:
I love to read about others experiences growing up in different parts of the world. Unfortunately, this author has made a name for herself as a racist bigot. By her example, everyone should judge others according to the color of their skin, for as she states it, she hates white people. I don't recommend that anyone read or support this garbage.
Now, let's look at what you stated in your post about other reviews
*emphasis mine
Quote:
There were lots of other reviews pre 2018 that complained about the constant use of really foul language.
Nothing there about racism.
NOT A DAMN THING

And here's your full post so you can't say that I edited anything out of
Quote:
Here's a review of her book on Amazon dated back in 2014, well before all this latest uproar. Makes it pretty clear who is the real racist. She's been spewing this hate for a long time. There were lots of other reviews pre 2018 that complained about the constant use of really foul language.

1.0 out of 5 starsNo Thanks
By******on May 28, 2014
Format: Paperback
I love to read about others experiences growing up in different parts of the world. Unfortunately, this author has made a name for herself as a racist bigot. By her example, everyone should judge others according to the color of their skin, for as she states it, she hates white people. I don't recommend that anyone read or support this garbage.

Also She may have gotten away with the crude remarks about Barbara Bush, however doxing ASU's mental health line is actually a criminal offense.

So, no, you absolutely did not state in your post that there several posts from pre 2018 calling her a racist.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:44 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
I’m not going to say I’m GLAD or anything, but as the matriarch of the Bush crime family, I’m not exactly crying mein eyes out either.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lots of 'WTF??' in this article:

jarrar the hut is a 'woman of color'?

well, i guess pink is a color...
Attacking someone for their size isn't all that great either.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Never heard of the California State University, Fresno or Randa Jarrar, although apparently they have placed her/him/it on leave until they decide what action to take. Hopefully it will be sacked from it's position and have it's professorship taken away.

Obviously some third rate institution that just makes any idiot a Professor, usually in nonsense subjects.

Perhaps we need to let proper universities concentrate on STEM and areas such as Business and Law, and let these third rate colleges and universities go their own way.

Apparently she/he/it also gave a contact number which turned out to be a mental health/suicide prevention hotline in Arizona, resulting in the suicide prevention service being inundated with hate halls and thereby preventing genuinely suicidal people and those in need from using the service.

Clearly she has no regard for even suicidal and mentally ill people, never mind the late Barbara Bush and her family.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-21-2018 at 07:38 AM..

Old 04-21-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Because she was part of the Bush family. It's the same logic why liberals hate Melania Trump.
BS.

Many people, including myself, have expressed kind thoughts and warm feelings towards the Bush family even though we may disagree with their political stances.

I've always thought Laura Bush seemed incredibly kind and gracious. GWB seems like a cool guy and their daughters seem pretty rooted too. It angered me when the Peanut Gallery got all up in arms about the Bush twins :gasp: drinking at college.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Wonder how much money the school will lose due to her .
She’s a liability !

-
“I have a lot of friends that I've been talking to, and these are people who donate now and talking about holding back, and some are even questioning whether to send their kids to Fresno State," Dunkel told the Fresno Bee.

"I admire and have a lot of respect for President (Joseph) Castro and huge affection for Fresno State," Dunkel said. "But I have huge concerns. This represents such an embarrassment to the university and the community. It's hard to believe this is an isolated thing that just happened. I have to imagine people previously knew of this person's character and what she's about."

Bush-bashing professor has Fresno State scrambling to keep its donors | Fox News
Dumb.

One professor says something and all the sudden the entire school is questionable. GMAB. Its this type of mental ignorance that breeds anti-intellectualism today.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:52 AM

590 posts, read 555,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Should we give equal attention to the president's buddy, Roger Stone?

Roger Stone Disses Barbara Bush as a ‘Nasty Drunk’ on News of Her Death
It doesn't matter what side of aisle you're on, saying nasty things about a person after they pass away clearly shows how immature she is along with her lack of class in how she conducts herself. Let's see how Jarrar would react if somebody did the same after she dies.

I read that she is an English professor, after seeing and reading many of expletives she said, made me wonder if that's the kind of English she teaches in college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies