Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 04:48 PM

9,469 posts, read 10,803,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well, I’d say that it’s quite comparable to CEO’s getting multimillion dollar golden parachutes when being fired for running a corporation into the ground. At least professors have to keep working for tenure...Carly Fiorina never has to lift a finger again after running Hewlett-Packard into the gutter, and you conservatives never have an issue with that.

And had she been your party’s nominee, you would’ve happily cast your vote for her.

That’s conservatives for ya...take it out on the people with the least amount of power like a professor at the University of Birkenstocks. They’re making too much money and have too much security.
I think conservatives voiced thier opinions of Fiorina when she got very little support in the GOP primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 04:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
It has been reported this woman said in a tweet people should call her directly at a given phone number which was actually a number for a suicide/crisis help line. If true, she tied up the suicide/crisis hotline phones and precluded people who needed their services. what kind of person does that??

Old 04-18-2018, 04:50 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Tenure is a soviet construct introduced into our education system throughout the 20th century.

It has got to go into the dustbin of history with the soviets whom where it came from.
Pretty much based on western European model that evolved over several centuries in American universities.

I'd assume back in the USSR that Joe Stalin could get a professor fired if he wanted to do so.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:52 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Of course a libertarian has the only correct response to this.

Fresno State Shouldn't Fire a Professor for Saying She's Glad Barbara Bush Died | Reason

Old 04-18-2018, 04:53 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
It has been reported this woman said in a tweet people should call her directly at a given phone number which was actually a number for a suicide/crisis help line. If true, she tied up the suicide/crisis hotline phones and precluded people who needed their services. what kind of person does that??
That's awful. What a POS this person is.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
It reminds me of those realtors who do nothing, then collect 7% of the home sale. They make you sign contracts and you are stuck with them.

All professions have people who don't deserve what they make. Middle managers who do no work. People who pretend they are busy.

Professors work very hard to get to their positions. If it bothers you, then you should get involved in the college and express your views.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:56 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
I'll be for ending tenure, as soon as right-to-work rules in the states that implement them, are repealed!

Old 04-18-2018, 05:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
According to this article, she also tweeted:

“PSA: either you are against these pieces of s--- and their genocidal ways or you're part of the problem. That’s actually how simple this is. I'm happy the witch is dead. Can’t wait for the rest of her family to fall to their demise the way 1.5 million Iraqis have.”

"All the hate I'm getting ALMOST made me forget how happy I am that George W Bush is probably really sad right now."

“I work as a tenured professor. I make 100K a year doing that. I will never be fired. I will always have people wanting to hear what I have to say.”

This whacko is mentally deranged.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:04 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
One of many nutty professors. Yeah, universities have been compromised.
This sort of vitriolic hatred is very common on the left....it's made me go from a moderate to a conservative because I don't want to be anything like them.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet you hate Ingraham....
I wish like hell that an IED has gotten her. I don’t even believe in God, and I’d be willing to pray that it would tear her limbs right the hell off.

And worse, I’d want her to survive it now that I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I think conservatives voiced thier opinions of Fiorina when she got very little support in the GOP primary.
Not really. They didn’t support her, but not for the right reasons.

They had, and still have no issues with her rip-off of HP. They dislike her because she was in Trump’s way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies