Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 05:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times

Advertisements

I hate that I have to pay for all the food...and when guest don't flush the toilets.

But shouldn't this be under the "entertainment at your home" section?

Note - the biggest "Political Party" consists of independents and unaffiliated voters. So there is nothing to "hate" about "my political party". I enjoy progress. I enjoy making things better. I don't mind paying for a civil society and have always tried to do my part.

Nothing to hate. We can rally on about corruption, but that's a function of power and money....whether in a political party or a mom and pop business (some business people treat their underlings like poop).

We could even accurate critique both US politicians (not our top citizens in most cases), which is a result of a poor (modern) Constitutional process. What was good 250 years ago is not always good today.....so the system is gamed and we have the dregs of society running for any and all political offices.

I voted for Perot - and voted for Nader. Some people would say those two are opposite, but they are not. They both are smart and honorable people who know how to count.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:27 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,620 times
Republican: That they won't fight the Dems on anything but keep rolling over:

1) Ending DACA - FAILED
2.) Ending Obamacare- FAILED
3.) Ending Planned Parenthood federal funding- FAILED
4.) Build the wall - FAILED
5.) Prosecute Hillary, Obama, Lerner, Holder, Lynch, etc for blatant abuses of power - FAILED
6.) Rein in spending - FAILED
7.) Protect religious liberty - MIXED (Some states did and some didn't)
8.) Tax reform - SOME
9.) Pulling out of stupid Paris agreement - DONE (I hope)
10.) Ending Common Core and Fed Ed - FAILED
11.) Stopping abuse of H1B, L1, etc visas: FAILED
12.) Stopping government spying into our lives : FAILED
13.) Get rid of stupid Export-Import Bank: FAILED
14.) Stand up the media and liberal namecalling - FAILED
15.) Supporting Article V Convention of States - MIXED (some have supported us but some "Republican" leaders in state legislatures have held up our bills, sometimes single-handedly.)
16.) Defunding Planned Parenthood at the state level - MANY SUCCESSES
17.) Stopping Common Core at the state level - Some have tried but too often they just rename it, but they are being made to keep it by the federal government so they can't do much but nullify or use Article V. In short, FAILED.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:35 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Killing babies for sh*ts and giggles is up on the list.
And drone bombing American teenagers.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:37 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't have a party -- and i know i'm not the only one here without any party loyalty.
Add me to your list of "I don't have a party" people. I lean conservative on fiscal issues and more liberal on social issues, but the republican party disgusts me these days....and the democrats are no better, certainly different, but no better. The democrats ran a horribly defective candidate....and ultimately are responsible for Trump getting elected. My only hope is that Trump breaks enough things so that we can assemble some of the broken pieces into something better and more useful, socially and governmentally speaking. Even a stopped clock is correct twice day. If Trump can bring North Korea into some sort of positive relationship with South Korea and the rest of the world....that will be quite an accomplishment. Perhaps Kim Jong Un is actually fearing Trump a bit given that Trump is so impulsive and changes course from one day to the next. Perhaps that's exactly what was needed at this point in time.

Unfortunately, it is ultimately OUR fault. We get the government we deserve because it's us voters who vote for the lesser of two evils, and evil and dysfunctional is exactly what we get. Good people don't run for office because opposition research has run amok.

We've all got stupid, poorly done, ill thought out things in our past, and the thought of the opponent trotting out every single stupid thing we've done 10, 20 or 30 years ago for all to see and ridicule isn't all that attractive. Apparently you can never become any better than the dumbest most ill thought out thing you've ever done....so that's exactly where we are.

Our civil rights (Bill of Rights etc...) is under attack from all sides under the guise of safety from shootings, or terrorism or any other number of things. You can't even speak your mind anymore or else someone will claim it's hate/offensive speech or your business will be boycotted for one reason or another. There is constant pressure from those in power, or those who want to be just go give us a little bit more of your civil rights and we'll keep you safe.....sure, I know I'll sleep better....NOT.

Most of these boycotts rally rankle me. As a consumer it's your right to shop wherever you wish to, but boycotting any business because of a few bad apples is crazy. If we really knew what all employees or officers in any corporation thought....we'd boycott them all and have nowhere left to shop. We take one or two bad incidents and blow them up on social media and the simple minded think they are part of something good. Eventually social media will be the end of any normal in-person social discourse. We'll all be staring at small screens....where it's sooo easy to hate anyone who disagrees with you. In person you may actually have an intelligent conversation and learn something about those who think differently than you. On social media you just rant and rave about all those "other" stupid people.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:38 PM

11,068 posts, read 7,135,481 times
I could never side with either of the two failed parties. I can't stand either one. Equal disgust for both, since they're so much alike.

It's not Republican vs. Democrat. It's both parties against Americans.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:41 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
As a liberal, I wish Democrats were more fiscally responsible. At the very least, I wish they would emphasize how many liberal policies save money.

Single payer - saves money.
Ending useless wars - saves money.
Reducing corporate welfare - saves money.

I also think the party establishment needs some new faces. Pelosi needs to go.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:59 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
I do not support illegal aliens or DACCA kids....

Old 04-18-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I do not support illegal aliens or DACCA kids....
That is not the real question.

The bigger question is whether you support a set of laws called "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" which some reasonable pols (and at least two POTUS's - GW and Obama) asked to be delivered to their desks. But one party has refused to even debate it and bring it to the floor (they need the votes...in addition to the POTUS asking)...

The alternative to actual new law is the status quo....although it may excite you to see 100 people rounded up, that is not the solution. The solution is to address both existing AND future (potential...or lack of) and come to an agreement and then enforce it.

I think many of us feel that it is yet another "wedge issue" that the part of wedges (abortion, guns, racism, immigration, religion, etc.) can use to gather votes. They end up having to do nothing except use words...no action required.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I could never side with either of the two failed parties. I can't stand either one. Equal disgust for both, since they're so much alike.

It's not Republican vs. Democrat. It's both parties against Americans.
this is exactly what the billionaires financing current media and political orgs want you to think. What they don't want you to do is talk about the REAL things that have benefitted 100's of millions of Americans and moved our country forward.

Women's rights
Workers rights - lack of child labor, weekends off - overtime pay
Social Security
Medicare
Children's and other Medical Care (SCHIP) - ACA...or, at least you don't get turned away.
ADA
Voters Rights

I could go on. And, sure, some in the GOP voted for these policies (it was different back then...we had reasonable republicans), but by and large these are the doings of the Dems.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:25 PM

17,600 posts, read 17,629,777 times
I’m a conservative who is registered to vote as an independent

Both parties’ politicians are party first. They both seem to be more focused on what’s best for their party and re-election than what is best for the country and the people they represent.

Democratic Party are hypocrites in that they claim to not be racist and to be open minded but then they divide their own party and their constituents along racial and cultural lines. They were elected to do what’s best for all their citizens regardless of skin color or heritage. To pander in that manner is a form of racism. They use social welfare programs as a legal form of vote buying. Once a sizable portion of the population becomes reliant upon the social welfare system then they feel the need to continue to vote for this party out of fear those programs would be cut or reduced. They are also hypocrites in the form of demonizing the wealthy. They attack the wealthy while many members of their party are also wealthy and accept large campaign contributions from wealthy donors.

Republican Party-these politicians are also hypocrites. They campaign on fiscal conservatism and when elected to back to wasteful spending with no end in sight. They talk “America First” but put forth policies and programs to help foreign companies over established American companies. They talk national defense but use their position to enrich themselves and their partners through DOD contracts for things the military doesn’t need or is so worthless we were better off buying them from Walmart or the local hardware store our of our own pockets. They use patriotism and flags for campaigns then go back to being self serving jerks once elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies