Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 08:46 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,659,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Schumer's history.
He's pretty slick. He knows what will gather headlines, and it is said the most dangerous place in America is between Chuck Schumer and a TV camera.

But 2/3rds of America like the idea of legalizing pot, so Schumer has nothing at all to lose. Even if his attempt is tabled, he can go on TV howling in dismay and still win!
Right, but why do you claim that he actually does not want to legalize it?

Old 04-20-2018, 08:54 AM

15,590 posts, read 10,327,145 times
gee, I may become a one issue voter if the democrats in congress firmly commit to getting federal law changed to legalize pot.

i'm pretty sure my state would be one of the last to legalized marijuana even if federal law was changed, however. damn it.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:29 AM

3,270 posts, read 2,099,906 times
Not a fan of Boo-Hoo Schumer, but I support removing cannabis from the federal drug schedule.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:32 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,752,235 times
So, Chucky wants to take away my guns and give me weed... strange.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:32 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,925,483 times
People are drunk on sin like in Sodom & Gomorrah and the days of Noah.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:34 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,416,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And then I see you post this.
You know as well as I do that they ALL play that stupid game. McConnell has done it on the other side as well. Voted no on his own bill and then tried to pass blame. It's not too far out of the realm of possibility that this could be the case here. I hope not, but politicians are snakes like that.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:40 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,659,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
People are drunk on sin like in Sodom & Gomorrah and the days of Noah.

As I recall, the passages of the bible that supposedly condemn the use of cannabis require a great deal of creative interpretation.

I always found it weird that y'all outsource your interpretation of this supposedly-infallible book to a bunch of guys in robes. But in any event, I don't think that your religious texts mention cannabis at all. (Hence your use of the word "Drunk")

After all, it does talk a great deal about "Use of all the seeds and herbs of the earth being blessed by god." But I reckon if all your buddies in church all believe the same thing, you've gotta go with the flow or else they won't hang out with you anymore.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:07 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,678,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
But I reckon if all your buddies in church all believe the same thing, you've gotta go with the flow or else they won't hang out with you anymore.
Wrong.

Lots of Christians consume marijuana.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...rs-house-panel

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alysonmarti...K4#.bmdXNRrLze

Old 04-20-2018, 10:07 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,056,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
As I recall, the passages of the bible that supposedly condemn the use of cannabis require a great deal of creative interpretation.

I always found it weird that y'all outsource your interpretation of this supposedly-infallible book to a bunch of guys in robes. But in any event, I don't think that your religious texts mention cannabis at all. (Hence your use of the word "Drunk")

After all, it does talk a great deal about "Use of all the seeds and herbs of the earth being blessed by god." But I reckon if all your buddies in church all believe the same thing, you've gotta go with the flow or else they won't hang out with you anymore.
Good post. Being a dyed-in-the-wool heathen myself people that know me are surprised to learn that I have read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. And although I've never seen any references to marijuana, alcohol is mentioned and it would seem that the big guy in the sky is okay with folks doing a little drinking. As in this passage from Ecclesiastes 9:7.-- "Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works." So if God is okay with people drinking a little vino wouldn't it follow that he wouldn't have a beef with people smoking a little herb?

Old 04-20-2018, 10:15 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,770,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Good post. Being a dyed-in-the-wool heathen myself people that know me are surprised to learn that I have read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. And although I've never seen any references to marijuana, alcohol is mentioned and it would seem that the big guy in the sky is okay with folks doing a little drinking. As in this passage from Ecclesiastes: "Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works." So if God is okay with people drinking a little vino wouldn't it follow that he wouldn't have a beef with people smoking a little herb?
Most Independent Fundamental Baptists believe that wine in the Bible, when mentioned in a positive light, is actually referring to non-alcoholic grape juice. They believe that marijuana also falls under the "be ye sober" commandment. Not that this is true, but it's important to realize this to understand the mindset of the people currently running this country.

Nonetheless, I like that more Democrats in congress are starting to push for legalization on a federal level. However, they face an extreme uphill battle thanks to the Christian Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies