Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you disowned somebody because of how they voted?
Yes 21 15.22%
No 117 84.78%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 10:11 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

I've also been unfriended and blocked on social media by black women friends (even family) who are always posting stupid memes about N-words not being worth sh*t.

I tell them maybe they'd have better luck in relationships if they stopped dating N-words and find some men to date.

They get mad and block me. I don't like the n-word and I usually say something when I see it.

That said, I do unfriend people who constantly complain about their lives and whine all the time but this has nothing to do with politics. I am pretty particular about who I let be a friend on social media. Oddly enough, most of the people I unfriend are my own family members lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 10:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
I respect everyone's right to vote however they wish so "no," I've not "disowned" or "blocked" anyone due to their voting history.
I have unfollowed some people on social media because I don't want to see some of the stuff they share on their feeds and I expect that several people have unfollowed me for the same reason.
But, we're still friends/family.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:17 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
If yes explain why? When I mean disowned I mean block from social media, refuse to talk to the person any more and/or avoid them altogether.
No
I have "disowned" people because of their political/personal/religious beliefs and because of they way the express those beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Quote:
everyone has views which they came to under reasonable means
, and that absolutely everyone believes they are acting for the betterment of others.
this isn't exactly true

not everyone's views were come to under reasonable means

not everyone is acting for the betterment of others.

i'm not going to name any names..
Never said anything about "everyone".
Oops

Old 04-20-2018, 10:20 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
No, but I'll think less of you if I know you to have done something like that to someone else, and I'll make it clear that I do not hold the same values that they do and they should probably consider whether I'm someone they want to continue to associate with, that said.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:29 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
No, not at all.

I think only drama queens and drama kings do this kind of thing.

One "friend" removed me from her friends' list, but she is not really a close friend of mine. She is always a drama queen. For example, she always said she was pregnant and she has been pregnant for four years and her imaginary baby never came out.

She is a Trump hater and I voted for Trump. She said I have no soul.
ROTFLMAO !!!

Old 04-20-2018, 10:29 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
I don't disown anyone. I just leave flaming bags of poop on their doorsteps. Sometimes I skip the bags and just poop on their porch while apologizing into their home security camera. It's awkward for everyone.

Just kidding. I'd never disown anyone over politics. It's most politicians who are out to screw everyone over. They're the ones who we, the "little people," should be banding together against and disowning.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:32 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
My children and I don't discuss politics. We live in 3 different coutries. It's too complicated.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:32 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
this isn't exactly true

not everyone's views were come to under reasonable means

not everyone is acting for the betterment of others.

i'm not going to name any names..

well, my bad, the point I was making is pretty much this: pink bold

Quote:
Trump supporters and Clinton supporters misunderstand one another because neither respect each other enough to acknowledge these two basic truths; that everyone has views which they came to under reasonable means, and that absolutely everyone believes they are acting for the betterment of others.

Simply, everyone has good reason to think they are the good guys.

Or, everybody has good reason to think the other guy is the lesser of two evils.

It is as simple as this. So why bother demonizing the other group. Also, when I see comment like, "trump voters are dumb, stupid." I found myself thinking, "hmm, only dumb people think others are dumb." Calling people stupid is to end a conversation, nothing more.

Better? The bottom line is that, if we stop demonizing each other and accept the fact that majority of us want the best for the country, then this world will be a better place.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
I haven't disowned anyone, but I avoid talking about world affairs with the Trump culters. They seem to get upset easily if you criticize him (and then they blame the media--give me a break). We have one family member who is full of repressed anger, so we never even bring up politics as he goes ballistic if Trump is criticized. Kind of like walking on eggshells.

One Trump woman at work finally admitted one day that she voted for him, but he sure is a jerk.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:38 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
No, not at all.

I think only drama queens and drama kings do this kind of thing.

One "friend" removed me from her friends' list, but she is not really a close friend of mine. She is always a drama queen. For example, she always said she was pregnant and she has been pregnant for four years and her imaginary baby never came out.

She is a Trump hater and I voted for Trump. She said I have no soul.
exactly right! if someone disownes another for something this stupid, then they need to get help. people are who they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies