Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 04:15 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,252,667 times

Advertisements

Here I am again, and your latest post, Hrw-500, is also not easily understood. Keep trying; maybe someday we'll grasp what you are trying to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 04:39 PM

5,085 posts, read 2,019,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarisch View Post
Here I am again, and your latest post, Hrw-500, is also not easily understood. Keep trying; maybe someday we'll grasp what you are trying to say.
Weird, Pilot1 and No-Recess seems to understand most of my posts. I guess having more PhDs might be not enough to grasp what I'm trying to said.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:46 PM

9,447 posts, read 10,745,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
.................and that is what gave us trump.
Many people don’t understand this simple fact. You understand that hatred of political correctness and the SJW culture literally got Trump elected. Liberals do not understand this, they are doubling down on thier demands that all of us comply with political correctness and there are more SJWs out there than ever spewing stupidity. The more they attack and demean conservatives, rural Americans, southerners etc. for our rejection of thier world view the more we galvanize against them.

Moderate democrats who were smart enough to distance themselves from these extremists and focus on real issues could beat Trump ( clearly the worst to ever come from Republican Party).

The lesson for mainstream conservative candidates......stop kytying to political correctness yourselves, stop apologizing when you offend a SJW and simply stand up to them. Trump may be a bafoon but he proved that many Americans want an end put to political correctness.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:00 PM

SJW is still an insult. Many Leftists (including me) laugh at it. I also laugh at your broad-based criticisms and generalizations. Attacking "political correctness" may mean that some folks want to feel safe enough to use insulting, racist and sexist (etc.) language. If that's so, admit it. And no, I don't have a Ph.D.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:22 PM

9,447 posts, read 10,745,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarisch View Post
SJW is still an insult. Many Leftists (including me) laugh at it. I also laugh at your broad-based criticisms and generalizations. Attacking "political correctness" may mean that some folks want to feel safe enough to use insulting, racist and sexist (etc.) language. If that's so, admit it. And no, I don't have a Ph.D.
It is everyone’s right to use insulting, racist or sexist language. It is your right to ignore it or avoid people who use it. It is not your right to try and prevent others speech that offends you. You have no right to demand laws that would prevent that speech, demand they be fired from thier jobs, or officially punish them in any way. Political correctness has ruined comedy, TV and movies. Remember the TV show In Living Color? Lots of race based jokes and other assorted politically incorrect humor. It was funny.....now you won’t see it anywhere. I cannot watch one of my favorite shows from when I was younger because it displays the confederate flag (Dukes of Hazzard). Yes I hate political correctness and I hate liberals for spreading this cancer upon the freedom of speech. Nothing is more un-American than restricting someone’s free speech because it offends you. In fact doing so makes you an enemy of America IMO.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:26 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,381,797 times
The stereotype of many Americans being dumb, ignorant, or clueless at times might grow even more with this story.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:56 AM

Free speech remains a right and I don't challenge it. You misunderstand me if you think I do. But name-calling will not gain you any respect from me; that's the issue. And again -- one small, anecdotal example (the origin of this thread) proves NO trend.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:05 AM

34,161 posts, read 18,446,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Weird, Pilot1 and No-Recess seems to understand most of my posts. I guess having more PhDs might be not enough to grasp what I'm trying to said.
Wait, but we are all uneducated Neanderthals I thought?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies