Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2018, 07:47 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,116,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
One thing, those that feed bears in every state are committing a crime and, in many states feeding wildlife INCLUDING deer is illegal. Hope they get what's coming to them for putting wildlife in danger of being euthanized...

You might want to share the following with the VETERAN game feeders you know.

Feeding bears a big no-no
Everywhere in Pennsylvania it is illegal to intentionally feed bears or to place any food, chemicals, salt or other materials that cause bears to gather or habituate in an area.
In addition to protecting humans from bears expecting hand-outs from them or near their homes, the prohibition helps to protect bears from being eliminated as nuisance animals and from the spread of ailments such as mange, which is often fatal to the bruins and can be spread to healthy bears that congregate in the same area as infected bruins.

Are you violating Pennsylvania's wildlife feeding laws? | PennLive.com
It is even illegal here to feed wild ducks and geese.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:25 PM

35,038 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Can Incipient Violent Killers be Committed for Protection of Society? Thread on topic.

This incident certainly creates a strong argument for a return to making involuntary commitment to mental health facilities moderately less difficult. This tragedy didn't have to happen.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:36 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,648,398 times
Imagine hating waffles that much.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:54 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,168 times
A White wacko with an AR-15 kills three African-Americans and one guy of Hispanic descent.

A Brave Good African-American man by the name of James Shaw Jr. confronts and disarms the killer with nothing more than an instinct to fight, not flight.

Maybe I missed it but, has The President of the United States said or at least tweeted something about this? If the POTUS has mentioned this, I applaud his recognition and [hopefully] accolades towards this young courageous man who chose to do something for himself and others in the face of a life threatening situation. If the POTUS has said nothing, his silence loudly speaks everything he is suspect of being. And to be fair, if others high up in the Political Food Chain have failed to acknowledge this noble act of selflessness, shame on all of them.

James Shaw Jr. I thank and salute you for what you did.

Be well.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:05 PM

35,038 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
A White wacko with an AR-15 kills three African-Americans and one guy of Hispanic descent.

A Brave Good African-American man by the name of James Shaw Jr. confronts and disarms the killer with nothing more than an instinct to fight, not flight.

Maybe I missed it but, has The President of the United States said or at least tweeted something about this? If the POTUS has mentioned this, I applaud his recognition and [hopefully] accolades towards this young courageous man who chose to do something for himself and others in the face of a life threatening situation. If the POTUS has said nothing, his silence loudly speaks everything he is suspect of being. And to be fair, if others high up in the Political Food Chain have failed to acknowledge this noble act of selflessness, shame on all of them.

Be well.
Trump, time to tweet up or forever hold your peace.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:22 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory05 View Post
Trump was quick to condemn the Toronto van attack, but he has no time to offer condolences or tweets about the Waffle House mass shooting and heroism of James Shaw Jr.

Let that sink in.
Imagine if it was a Hispanic that killed 4 white people at a Waffle House. Do you think Trump would stay silent? What if it happened to be a Middle Easterner who suffered from the same mental delusion as Travis Reinking?

I think we know the answer.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:23 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Its also off an interstate, so chances are OTR drivers frequent this restaurant as well.

Bottom line...people should stop blaming the deceased for daring to be in a restaurant.
Actually, it's not. I used to live right down the street. While most Waffle Houses are near interstate exits, this one is literally miles from the nearest interstate.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:01 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Imagine if it was a Hispanic that killed 4 white people at a Waffle House. Do you think Trump would stay silent? What if it happened to be a Middle Easterner who suffered from the same mental delusion as Travis Reinking?

I think we know the answer.
Isn't that the sad state of America now.

Let's point out crimes of the 'other citizens', but not 'these citizens'.

Shameful times... Shameful times...

Old 04-25-2018, 04:41 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Actually, it's not. I used to live right down the street. While most Waffle Houses are near interstate exits, this one is literally miles from the nearest interstate.
Its not off 24 East or 254?

Old 04-25-2018, 10:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post

Be well.
Not to my knowledge then again everyone knows Trump is at least a race-baiter if not, fully racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies