Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the EPA be abolished?
Yes 23 16.67%
No 115 83.33%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 06:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Burning Rivers, unbreathable air, poison water, toxic dumps under developments, premature deaths due to illegal dumping..yeah,sure let's get back to those good old days.

Only if you're a fool.

If you are a fool move, move to Haiti, China or any number of countries that have no or little environmental laws, just stay away from my neighborhood and family.

Ya, let go to the extreme! That should prove you were right.

Of the developed industrialized nations in the TPP, the USA was well ahead of all others by a long shot, but was punished the most, because of our wealth.

Follow the money, when liberty is restricted and no harm done.
What "might happen", stifles innovation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 06:20 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Of the developed industrialized nations in the TPP, the USA was well ahead of all others by a long shot, but was punished the most, because of our wealth.

The U.S. is not "significantly ahead" of Australia, Canada, Japan, or New Zealand

I also think it's a stretch to claim that the TPP is relevant to this discussion

Old 04-23-2018, 06:22 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Abolish the EPA because the Toobigtosue corporation wants to **** where you eat.
Abolish the Department of Energy because the rich suburbs won't be fracked and they don't use your ground water.
The rich want us as dumb as a bag of hammers, so private school educated Betsy DeVos was appointed Secretary of Education.

Read Dark Money. It explains the rich people's plan for America.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:26 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No just Scott Pruitt.
And we have a winner.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Abolish the EPA because the Toobigtosue corporation wants to **** where you eat.
Abolish the Department of Energy because the rich suburbs won't be fracked and they don't use your ground water.
The rich want us as dumb as a bag of hammers, so private school educated Betsy DeVos was appointed Secretary of Education.

Read Dark Money. It explains the rich people's plan for America.

What part of the word restrictions, makes its way into upward mobility?
Instead of clearing pathways, our government dump trash in them to make it nearly impossible to travel.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Indeed, sometimes the water accumulates faster than it evaporates, and the result is your pond.

Sometimes that accumulation occurs in abnormal levels and there is overflow.
Nowhere for it to overflow. I would replenish it with my well water. Instead I let it go dry because the EPA got stupid over it.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:02 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Don't you know? Republicans want dirty air, and dirty water, especially for themselves and their kids. The Left loves to argue in ABSURD extremes, which just makes them look bad.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:38 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Every state has their version of the EPA, which is redundant as they are mostly modeled after the Federal EPA. I don't think the EPA should be abolished, but I do think they've used the Clean Air, and Water Act to be too punitive, and thus gives them way too much power. They need to be reigned in, and reduced in number. There are a lot of radicals that work there, and are anti business, and anti capitalist.
I think abolishing state agencies in favor of a federal one is fine, but environments don't hang around inside our arbitrarily-drawn state boundaries so we need a federal agency.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:44 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
The EPA has usurped state's sovereignty, and the right's of citizens over their own land, in one case, fining a rancher who had built a pond on his own land. In other cases, they have declared privately owned land as "wet lands" limiting what the owner could do with it.

There are many examples of harm caused by the EPA to private industries and citizens.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:46 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
What was their ORIGINAL justification to be created

I voted yes becuae as usual a program is started with good intentions then it grows and GROWS and pretty soon it is NOT doing what it was intended to do.

It has grown WAY beyond its original charter and has become WAY TOO politicized.

IMO, it should be evaluated by a non-political group.

Keep the programs deemed necessary, give them to another agency and close the agency
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies