Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2018, 09:38 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times

Advertisements

Different country, different way of handling situations. Similar to the UK, Canada has many things to worry about going forward in the war against terrorism. Not all terrorists are easy to stop. This terrorist, though, seemed to be hoping for suicide by cop. Instead, he will rot in prison forever. I'm okay with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 09:42 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
We should be careful not to 'generalize' every situation in either Canada or the U.S. We have certainly had our up share up here of cops shooting first and also using excessive force. Every situation is different and none of us were there facing what that particular cop was facing. In the end - the suspect was apprehended and this will prove invaluable - especially if he has any links to organized terror.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:46 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Toronto Canada.

Van driver uses van to kill pedestrians.

Stopped and confronted by Canadian police. Diver of van points (as if to shoot) at police officer. Officer does not shoot.

So, is it shoot first in USA then diagnose situation. Or in Canada is it diagnose situation and not shoot if not required?
Canada barely enforces murder laws or any laws, other than bilingual violations or hate speech. Karla Homulka, a bloody murderer who committed her crimes with Paul Bernardo in the late 1990's or early 2000's is already out. They have a real concern for the "inner child" of the murdered.

Not that Canada's any worse than California or New York these days.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:47 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Different country, different way of handling situations. Similar to the UK, Canada has many things to worry about going forward in the war against terrorism. Not all terrorists are easy to stop. This terrorist, though, seemed to be hoping for suicide by cop. Instead, he will rot in prison forever. I'm okay with that.
If we're lucky he'll serve eight years. Trudeau the big-haired social worker will cure him of his mental illnesses.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If we're lucky he'll serve eight years. Trudeau the big-haired social worker will cure him of his mental illnesses.
If true that is sad. If I was a family member of one of the deceased I would sue the government.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Our cops do get it right, too, we just don't read about those cases.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:52 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Our cops do get it right, too, we just don't read about those cases.
Correct. Our cops opting to not use lethal force doesn't get reported. It isn't worthy of a headline.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:58 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Religion of Peace strikes again
By all accounts, his bsckground is Armenian. Which is like 95% Christian.

SSDD.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:05 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If true that is sad. If I was a family member of one of the deceased I would sue the government.
It isn't true and there is no basis in what that poster wrote who btw, is known to politicize and take childish and silly pot shots at the leader of Canada and his so called lack of qualifications. We have no idea what were the motivations/intentions of the suspect. Now is not the time to needlessly and baselessly politicize this matter or speculate that the Canadian Justice system will be by default, lenient on this suspect. Call me naïve but I have faith that justice will be served in this case. Especially one where there will be a pretty solid and strong public outcry for justice. I also think everything possible will be done to get to the bottom of why the suspect did what he did. If he is linked to organized terror or an ideology or simply a desperate and angry individual - we will find out!

Old 04-23-2018, 10:39 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Those Canadians are so advanced: "Die first shoot later" as an official policy! Why didn't we think of that Personally, the only reason I would care about the gunman surviving would be to get more information out of him.
The suspect was pointing a cell phone at the police officer. Canadian police don't shoot at people pretending that a cell phone is a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies