Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 06:50 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Because that's what we talk about until there's 100% proof it wasn't one of them.
When there is 100% proof, we just stop talking about it completely.

10 dead, 15 injured.

Muslim did it - Ban all Muslims
Black person did it - See, I was right, they are the problem
White person did it - You see that new movie recently?
You don't mention the other side of this coin.

Black/Muslim person did it: 'This doesn't represent all blacks/Muslims. They're an extremely small minority. We must do more to help these dienfranchised people and not alienate them with hate. We must not paint these groups with broad strokes.'

White person did it: 'YOU SEE! White nationalism, supremacy, Islamophobia, racism, bigotry etc IS ALIVE AND WELL. ALL white people need to be more sensitive to XYZ group and make sure to recognize their privilege etc'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Posted this in the other thread re "nice guys" who act out like this jerk:
'Yep. And they are anything but. They are infantile, entitled baby-men who wouldn't know what to do with a woman if she sat on his lap and begged him.

Disgusting, vile beings they are. '

How nice of you to demonize this group of people you probably barely knew about if anything just a couple of days ago. And yet if the perpetrator was indeed Muslim, I'm sure you'd be saying something entirely different. See above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 06:54 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

Black/Muslim person did it: 'This doesn't represent all blacks/Muslims. They're an extremely small minority. We must do more to help these dienfranchised people and not alienate them with hate. We must not paint these groups with broad strokes.'

White person did it: 'YOU SEE! White nationalism, supremacy, Islamophobia, racism, bigotry etc IS ALIVE AND WELL. ALL white people need to be more sensitive to XYZ group and make sure to recognize their privilege etc'

'Yep. And they are anything but. They are infantile, entitled baby-men who wouldn't know what to do with a woman if she sat on his lap and begged him.

How nice of you to demonize this group of people you probably barely knew about if anything just a couple of days ago. And yet if the perpetrator was indeed Muslim, I'm sure you'd be saying something entirely different. See above.

are you trying to gain sympathy for white men who commit these mass murders?

Old 04-25-2018, 07:20 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The 'nice guys' are usually doomed to the friend only zone though, I have known plenty of women over the years that date the *******s and pricks, those stuck on themselves, and they reject the nice guys. Its not just the younger women that are like this either.
And you are calling a man who murdered 10 people a “nice guy”?

Old 04-25-2018, 08:17 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:

I've known plenty of "nice guys" in my day and they are all the same. Whiny, clingy, entitled little pissants who think a dozen flowers and dinner at Red Lobster entitles them to some action.

Unfortunately some of these guys never grow up. I know two from high school (graduated in the 90s) who STILL **** and moan on social media about how women don't want "nice" guys.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:22 AM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
Quote:

She didn't demonize the group, they've demonized themselves.
These are guys who can't get a woman to give them the time of day, so they form their own group. Instead of looking for ways to better themselves, and increase their chances, they decide to become a hate group.
They talk about how much better women would be if we could replace their brains with that of dogs.
They talk about going to war with with normal people who can socialize, and do have sex.
The only time they're brought out of their basements and into the limelight is when they kill innocent people.

Quote:

I see nothing wrong with that other side of the coin for Minorities and Muslims.

As for white people (which I am), that isn't the typical response unless it was a white supremacist or a hate crime. That wasn't the talk after Vegas, that wasn't the talk after this shooting (even though incels gravitate to the alt-right).

So I really have no clue what you're talking about.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:41 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Actually these guys are Beta males.
Don't you mean Omega males?

Old 04-25-2018, 09:57 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Encountered one of these a few weeks ago. White, mainstream Protestant background, "good" family. Claimed he couldn't get ahead in the workplace (currently unemployed, not job-seeking, living with a parent at age 38) because the female employees tried to seduce male coworkers - after all, women wore lipstick and high heels to work, so their intentions were clear. But he was holding out for a traditional, virtuous and devout Christian woman who knew her place and apparently was one who didn't work or who at least wore flat shoes and no makeup to work. He spoke on and on at considerable length about these views and his frustrations with women in general.

He was serious. He was also extremely politically conservative and had an intense interest in early church history. Said he'd visited ten churches in the last few months but none were right. His peculiar religious views do not square with those of his family or the mainstream denomination in which he was reared.

He could not be persuaded otherwise in regard to the intentions of women in the workplace, and got very angry when I disagreed. Saw no reason to job-hunt as he still had savings, which he claimed to be using for expenses. Been out of work for at least a year and a half now. Said he rarely left the house. College-educated, articulate to a fault - but with the emotional/social skills of a young teenager...at 38!

Undiagnosed and thus untreated Asperger's?? He certainly demonstrated some of the more common traits...misogyny is not considered to be one of them, but the other issues this individual clearly has line up rather exactly.

Evidently the misogynist terrorist van driver had been diagnosed with Asperger's, according to something his mother posted about him several years ago in her social account - Facebook, if I remember correctly. Yet his diagnosis and presumable awareness of his situation by those around him did not keep this tragedy from occurring...

Makes me all the more concerned about the man I recently encountered. I hope those closer to him will take this as a heads-up.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:19 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I've known plenty of "nice guys" in my day and they are all the same. Whiny, clingy, entitled little pissants who think a dozen flowers and dinner at Red Lobster entitles them to some action.

Unfortunately some of these guys never grow up. I know two from high school (graduated in the 90s) who STILL **** and moan on social media about how women don't want "nice" guys.
Your experience mirrors my own.

If they were actually "nice guys" they wouldn't need to constantly complain about how they are "nice guys" and "good catches" because it would be self apparent. Truly nice people don't need to constantly talk about how nice they are, truly brave people don't need to brag about being brave, truly smart people don't need to wave IQ scores in people's faces, true leaders don't need to talk about how good of a leader they are.

These things are self apparent to the people around them because they actually walk the walk.

The need to constantly whine about it points to a narcissistic mismatch between their own estimated ego value and what is most likely a personality full of flaws that turns people off subconsciously. And wallowing in self pity is never a good look for anyone.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:23 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Van Control NOW!
Yeah, they need to ban those high capacity vans for sure.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:24 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Sure is a jacked up world......time to move to the islands.
Jacked up is right, but unfortunately this isn't even near the half of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies