Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2018, 07:13 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times

Advertisements

I love seeing people melt a maga snowflake. Warms my heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 07:16 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Here's a snip of the business owner in question's thoughtviews:

https://ny.eater.com/2017/8/2/160838...t-hour-lawsuit

It was a publicity stunt orchestrated by Mr. Piatek ~ pathetic however unsurprisingly he claimed adorning the hat was "adhering to his closely held spiritual beliefs".

Trump Supporter Suing West Village Bar Demands Religious Recognition For MAGA Hat: Gothamist

Pure nonsense.
That article has nothing to do with the response I made to the other poster. It claims that he wasn’t denied service at all. Not that he was denied service for wearing a hat indoors.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:19 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Taking off a hat indoors is not a universal rule. In a sit down restaurant, sure. But in a bar? In sports bars, a lot of people wear caps. I have been to cowboy bars where there have been plenty of people in cowboy hats. It all depends on the type of bar it is. In a nice, cocktail bar, yes, take it off. In a dive bar, or a low key pub, not so much.

Do we know what kind of bar this is? Were there other people who were wearing hats that were not asked to leave?

Im on the side of the bar here. I think owners of businesses should have the right to decide who they want to serve. But turning this into an argument about wearing a hat indoors, is disingenuous.
Speaking disingenuous.

It's not the wearing of any cap. You know that.

It was the wearing of a Make America White Again cap.

He was looking for a fight and he got it.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:27 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
That article has nothing to do with the response I made to the other poster. It claims that he wasn’t denied service at all. Not that he was denied service for wearing a hat indoors.
Pardon me. I thought it relevant to consider his claim that wearing the hat was "adhering to his closely held spiritual beliefs".

Old 04-28-2018, 07:37 AM

So, I did a bit more research and what pops up but a receipt from the Happiest Hour for that night that showed by 9:30 pm, Piatek had consumed:

4 Bell of the Balls
3 Miller High Life
1 Ketel One
4 Lagunatis IPA
1 Tito's

at which point he was removed from the bar by a bouncer, at the manager's request.

"He says that he called the police afterward, but was informed by two NYPD officers—described by the plaintiff as "sympathetic, accepting, and understanding"—that the matter was not criminal in nature."

Trump Supporter Suing West Village Bar Demands Religious Recognition For MAGA Hat: Gothamist

So Piatek had 8 mixed drinks, 7 beers, and 2 shots of vodka by 9:30 pm.

This "ill-conceived publicity stunt guised as a lawsuit" over some bogus religious BS connected to his stupid cap, looks more and more like a drunk got tossed out of a bar.

Too funny.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:43 AM

Forgot to include in the above post that despite Paitek claiming this was one of "the most discriminatory, humiliating and 'Saddest Hour' of his life," he left a $36 tip.

Piatek's attorney argued that he has "such a good heart that he’s going to tip no matter” how he is treated.

26 pages of outrage over an drunk guy getting tossed from a bar.

SMH

Old 04-28-2018, 07:57 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Speaking disingenuous.

It's not the wearing of any cap. You know that.

It was the wearing of a Make America White Again cap.

He was looking for a fight and he got it.
Nothing disingenuous about my post. You were the one claiming it is about wearing a hat indoors, not me. I always knew it wasn’t about that, and never claimed otherwise.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:32 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
“I hate activist judges except when they don’t literally invent laws that result in the outcome I personally desire!”
This quote is something some Conservatives and Liberals should agree on.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Nothing disingenuous about my post. You were the one claiming it is about wearing a hat indoors, not me. I always knew it wasn’t about that, and never claimed otherwise.
It was not about wearing a hat, it was about wearing that MAGA cap we were talking about.

But in any case, once I got to looking into it, I doubt it was about the stupid cap at all.

The guy had 8 mixed drinks, 7 beers, and two shots of vodka by 9:30 pm. He was bounced and claimed it it was about over his red MAGA cap which was part of his religious faith.

The judge 86ed him for being a fool.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:40 AM

The title of this thread is a lie.

Poetic claimed he wasn't welcome because he was a Trump supporter.

BS.

He was served 8 mixed drinks, 7 beers, and 2 shots of vodka all apparently while wearing his stupid red cap.

If I had to guess, I bet the bartender cut him off and that's what led to the "most humiliating" night of his life.

Which, I suspect, is also a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies