Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 01:15 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,061,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

Also Maxine Waters on Twitter has said she want to prosecute them, and calls Diamond and Silk "white supremacists".
That is bullcrap. Whether they really like Donald Trump or just supported him for fame and attention, what about their actions or behavior during the campaign indicate that Diamond and Silk are white supremacists? How can a black person be a white supremacist? I guess maybe if they hate themselves?

There are black people who support Donald Trump, and some liberals just can't seem to accept that. Build a bridge and get over it.

18,986 posts, read 9,027,205 times
Quote:
The latest news is that Diamond and Silk have testified that they were reimbursed by the Trump campaign for travel expenses. They were not "paid" per se.
"Reimbursement" implies a work or business relationship. People who have no such relationship would not be reimbursed for expenses incurred. What you have just done is prove the opposite of what you claim.

34,274 posts, read 19,293,670 times
Meh. reimbursed vs paid. Im not exactly up in arms about this, nor should anyone else be. What nonsense.

I'm far more concerned that this is something thats worth the time of our congress.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:17 PM

77,972 posts, read 60,153,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Respond with facts and don't divert. They lied under oath.
Since you want facts, keep in mind that being wrong and lying are two different things. They'll have to be able to prove they knew the information they provided was wrong.

So, we'll have to ask you to respond with facts as to how you can prove they lied vs. were wrong.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,438,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm agreeing with leftists that blacks who wander off the leftist ideological plantation should be investigated by congress and thrown in jail. Agreeing with the left cannot possibly be racist.
No. That is not a 'leftist' position. That is YOUR position; you stated it; you own it.

Again, let's discuss lying under oath and stop the ugly racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Cool! Let's start with Clapper and Brennan, then we can talk about these two.

And of course Clinton lied under oath. Jeebus.
As I recall, THIS thread is about Diamond and Silk. There are literally hundreds of threads on here about Clinton lying under oath.

Try to stay on topic.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:19 PM

77,972 posts, read 60,153,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
That is bullcrap. Whether they really like Donald Trump or just supported him for fame and attention, what about their actions or behavior during the campaign indicate that Diamond and Silk are white supremacists? How can a black person be a white supremacist? I guess maybe if they hate themselves?

There are black people who support Donald Trump, and some liberals just can't seem to accept that. Build a bridge and get over it.
Anyone trying to apply logic to anything coming from Maxine Waters is in for a migraine.

9,546 posts, read 7,034,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"Reimbursement" implies a work or business relationship. People who have no such relationship would not be reimbursed for expenses incurred. What you have just done is prove the opposite of what you claim.
Oh come on.

They became popular, so the Trump campaign asked them to attend rallies, and reimbursed their expenses.

That is not the same as "we are hiring you to create videos to promote our candidate."

Quote:
The latest news is that Diamond and Silk have testified that they were reimbursed by the Trump campaign for travel expenses. They were not "paid" per se.

Also Maxine Waters on Twitter has said she wants to prosecute them, and calls Diamond and Silk "white supremacists".
Really? I don't follow Maxine (or anyone) on Twitter. Got examples because I would like to see exactly what she said.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:22 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,027,205 times
Quote:
Oh come on.

They became popular, so the Trump campaign asked them to attend rallies, and reimbursed their expenses.

That is not the same as "we are hiring you to create videos to promote our candidate."
No, but he effectively paid for them to come and appear at his rallies. That is a business arrangement. Split hairs all you want, but they were compensated for appearing. There is no getting around that.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Hope this link works:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaxinePWa...thelastrefuge2

(I can never figure out how to post pictures).
Me either. But I do note the picture of the tweet doesn't have the blue checkmark by her name - like we see on the real account?

It's actually a parody account if you click on her name. Not the real thing and it even says so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies