Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 03:06 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times

Advertisements

Yes they are a paid propaganda machine.

Can you imagine if you all found out that Colbert got a check from Clinton last year -- you would be freaking out.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:11 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
for what it's worth -
The FEC cares not for semantics, rules are rules and if you violate them, its on you. Think of them as a political version of the IRS.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:13 PM

26,473 posts, read 15,057,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So far they've lied about being paid by the trump campaign (FEC filing says they were) and their Facebook censorship. It's still going on so no link yet. Will they be charged?
They should be, but lots of people have lied under oath to Congress and got away with it.

What works against them is that they aren't in a position of power like Eric Holder and there is less wiggle room with their lie too.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:14 PM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
I know now who these people are, and I am much the poorer for it.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:16 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes they are a paid propaganda machine.

Can you imagine if you all found out that Colbert got a check from Clinton last year -- you would be freaking out.
Do we know he didn't ?

Old 04-26-2018, 03:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I know now who these people are, and I am much the poorer for it.
Understandable. Facebook robbed many users of knowledge by their algorithm's and even effected people not on FB whom may have learned of them but for interference.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:28 PM

16,272 posts, read 10,398,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Oh good grief. Trump himself really has nothing to do with this, so we are not trying to protect him.

Diamond and Silk are two everyday citizens from small town North Carolina. They perhaps do not understand the legal nuances of "compensated" vs. "reimbursed".

They are not the director of the FBI who did in fact lie under oath and would know the difference. What is sick is you all pitching a fit over this while IGNORING Comey, Rice, Lynch and Hillary all lying multiple times.
This has nothing to do with Comey or Hillary.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:38 PM

10,441 posts, read 4,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Cool! Let's start with Clapper and Brennan, then we can talk about these two.

And of course Clinton lied under oath. Jeebus.
She has white and wealthy privilege, so she won't be affected.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:45 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,066,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The Trump campaign paid them $1,274.94 to fly to his rallies. But yeah, they were totally uncompensated.

They lied and got caught. They probably figured, hey, Trump lies every single day and nothing happens to him. We can get away with it, too. Here's hoping they're wrong.
They were not "paid" to fly to rallies. They were "reimbursed" for their out of pocket expenses. That is not the same thing.

My husband is paid a salary.

When he takes clients out to dinner for the company and covers the cost out of his salary, he is reimbursed.

This is not that difficult.

Quote:
Exactly. And paying their travel expenses is compensation. It's amusing to watch the pretzels the cult twists themselves into trying to redefine words to protect their master.
So here you are saying that Trump himself had something to do with it. Above you said the "campaign". Which is it? We are not "redefining" words. You apparently cannot distinguish nuances between words.

Quote:
What he posted does nothing to change the fact that they were, in fact, reimbursed for their expenses. Did the Trump campaign reimburse the travel expenses of everyone who showed up to his rallies? Nope. So what's the difference between them and all the other rally goers? It's this: He wanted them there, so he paid their expenses to make sure they were. They received compensation (paid travel expenses) for services rendered (showing up at his rally). Try as you might, you cannot refute that reality.
No one is refuting the reality that their expenses were reimbursed. But wait, I thought you said they were paid?

I would have said the same thing. If I were them and I were asked: "Did the Trump campaign pay you to make videos, or attend rallies?" I would have said no. If I were asked: "Were the expenses you incurred traveling to the rallies reimbursed?" I would have said yes. Diamond and Silk have nothing to gain by lying.

Quote:

And now they will have even more fame as perjurers, lying to Congress. They represent Trump to perfection.

Perjury is willfully telling an untruth. Prove that they were WILLFULLY lying vs. misunderstanding the words.

If you don't care about them, why are you so eager to see them prosecuted?

Old 04-26-2018, 03:49 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,066,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
This has nothing to do with Comey or Hillary.
It has everything to do with them.

JAMS14 is ready to jail two women with a moderate YouTube following for perjury. Two women who, by the way, are not being investigated for any wrong doing.

Meanwhile, there are piles of evidence that high ranking government officials knowingly and repeatedly lied under oath, and the left does not give a crap.

More daily hypocrisy from the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies