Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 05:29 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I don't think a pro-gun shirt is an appropriate thing to wear at a middle school."

So, kids should NOT be taught ALL of the Constitution and ALL of the Bill of Rights which this incident APPLIES to the 2nd amendment.

YOUR FEAR of guns does NOT take away any body elses rights!
Exactly. Some people have become so completely irrational, unhinged, if you will, that one wonders if this is still the U.S. instead of some usurped rogue tyrannical nation.

They've already tried to take away Freedom of Speech on college campuses. They only want "approved" speech. Mind control. Why is that happening? People know nothing about the Bill of Rights, the first Ten Amendments.

Next up to be quashed by these idiots...

The 4th... The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures -- Forget that, guilty until proven innocent, and the government can seize anything they wish from your possession.

The 5th... No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury... nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation -- Forget that, guilty as charged. Imprisoned at the will of the government, and/or, they can take all your property they want without paying you for any of it.

The 6th... In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial... -- Nope. No trial. You're just guilty because government says so.

The 8th... Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted -- Nope. Turn the U.S. into a North Korea-like hard labor prison country, of course after the government has determined your guilt without a trial.

Etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 05:34 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
I find it odd, a few weeks back many of the same people agreeing with denying this student his RIGHT to FREE speech are the SAME one's defending all the student who SKIPPED school to go to a protest, defending their right to "free SPEECH"
One has nothing to do with another.

You really do have trouble staying in topic, don't you?
Quote:
So, kids should NOT be taught ALL of the Constitution and ALL of the Bill of Rights which this indecent APPLIES to the 2nd amendment.
I'm sorry ... What on earth does the "indecent" of a school dress code have to do with the Second Amendment's provision of the right to bear arms? LMAO ... Your inability to stay on topic is deep-sixing whatever argument you have left.

Quote:
OK PROVE how this shirt is " disruptive to education".
If we have to explain it to you ...

P.S. - please learn to use the multi-quite feature.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:41 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Disruption in school. When my kids were in school, it started with Mets and Yankees shirts. You stink. No, you stink. The school banned ALL shirts that had pictures or any kind of writing on them. Yes, this included Abercrombie and Fitch logos. The kids had to turn the shirt inside out and a letter was sent home to the parents. The only writing or picture that was allowed was the school's own sports teams which the students only wore when they had a game after school.

The public school where I worked in Florida had uniforms. Sold color collared "golf shirts" and khaki walking shorts or pants. The girls wore those also. Staff could not wear shirts with any pictures or writing on them either.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:15 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
"In this case, I side with the school.

School has a dress code for many reasons."

What IS the dress code?

Post it please.

Have they ever allowed others to have "stuff" on them?
Well, I don't know. But I don't think your post has anything to do with the point I was making.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:17 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

I'm sorry ... What on earth does the "indecent" of a school dress code have to do with the Second Amendment's provision of the right to bear arms?
This is really the bottom line.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:34 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
That school in NY banned shirts with American Flags on them too. America is Great. No, they could not wear those either. Your 2nd Amendment rights? You if you allow one point of view, you have to all points of view. What about another kid at that school wearing a shirt that was anti-gun? This is where you get into the disruption in the classrooms. I worked in public schools in 2 states. Teachers were not allowed to wear any kind of political pins, buttons, or hats. Want to plaster your car with flags, Make America Great Again or NRA stickers in the parking lot? Fine, just don't take it inside the classrooms. If it applies to the teachers, why not the students?

Not to get OT, here but it also relates to religions. If you allow crosses in schools, then you have to allow all religious symbols.

My guess is that this school is going to go the way of that one in NY. Ban ALL symbols on shirts in school.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:02 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That school in NY banned shirts with American Flags on them too. America is Great. No, they could not wear those either. Your 2nd Amendment rights? You if you allow one point of view, you have to all points of view. What about another kid at that school wearing a shirt that was anti-gun? This is where you get into the disruption in the classrooms. I worked in public schools in 2 states. Teachers were not allowed to wear any kind of political pins, buttons, or hats. Want to plaster your car with flags, Make America Great Again or NRA stickers in the parking lot? Fine, just don't take it inside the classrooms. If it applies to the teachers, why not the students?

Not to get OT, here but it also relates to religions. If you allow crosses in schools, then you have to allow all religious symbols.
Correct. If a school allows hijabs, it must also allow all other religious apparel.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:13 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Some people have become so completely irrational, unhinged, if you will, that one wonders if this is still the U.S. instead of some usurped rogue tyrannical nation.

They've already tried to take away Freedom of Speech on college campuses. They only want "approved" speech. Mind control. Why is that happening? People know nothing about the Bill of Rights, the first Ten Amendments.

Next up to be quashed by these idiots...

The 4th... The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures -- Forget that, guilty until proven innocent, and the government can seize anything they wish from your possession.

The 5th... No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury... nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation -- Forget that, guilty as charged. Imprisoned at the will of the government, and/or, they can take all your property they want without paying you for any of it.

The 6th... In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial... -- Nope. No trial. You're just guilty because government says so.

The 8th... Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted -- Nope. Turn the U.S. into a North Korea-like hard labor prison country, of course after the government has determined your guilt without a trial.

Etc.
" the right to a speedy and public trial."

When was the last time we saw a "speedy trial"?

Old 04-29-2018, 05:16 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
One has nothing to do with another.

You really do have trouble staying in topic, don't you?

I'm sorry ... What on earth does the "indecent" of a school dress code have to do with the Second Amendment's provision of the right to bear arms? LMAO ... Your inability to stay on topic is deep-sixing whatever argument you have left.

If we have to explain it to you ...

P.S. - please learn to use the multi-quite feature.
"One has nothing to do with another."

I disagree

"You really do have trouble staying in topic, don't you?"

Juvenile insults will get you no where.

"What on earth does the "indecent" of a school dress code have to do with the Second Amendment's provision of the right to bear arms?"

If it has to be explained to you, you wouldn't understand!

Old 04-29-2018, 06:26 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
That's all you got? LMAO ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies