Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2018, 08:03 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Trump is Presidential. ...
That vain, rambling often confused liar?

Old 04-27-2018, 08:04 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Jimmy Carter is a good person but was a horrible President. The two things don't always go hand in hand.
Agreed. Carter = very good person, horrible President
Obama = pretty good person, mediocre president
Trump = horrible person. Good president?

Too soon to say, really. But it's an interesting question: is it possible for someone as personally loathsome as Donald Trump to actually be an effective president?

Old 04-27-2018, 08:05 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm shocked that Trump ranked that high. You mean there were actually 4 men who were WORSE THAN TRUMP !!!!
Those must have been some pretty dark days in history.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Remember when our President's acted Presidential? Remember when they just quietly got the job done, instead of running their loud mouth on Fox News and babbling incoherently? Remember when we had a real President?

I remember. I miss those days. This is what a real President did. 75 straight months of job growth.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/a...bs-780x439.jpg

Job growth: 75 months of gains - The Obama economy in 10 charts - CNNMoney
Agreed ,so much more a President than the deranged psychopath we now have in office. That FOX interview showed trump to be a petulant little whiner with no class whatsoever.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Absolutely correct. Oh, how I wish Trump voters could see the obvious like you and I can.
As a Trump voter, I am far more interested in Mr Trump's actions, while liberals seem to only focus on what Trump says. I suppose thats why they loved Obummer so much, talked a good game but ultimately did nothing to help the US

Last edited by ELOrocks17; 04-27-2018 at 08:18 AM..

Old 04-27-2018, 08:12 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Remember when our President's acted Presidential? Remember when they just quietly got the job done, instead of running their loud mouth on Fox News and babbling incoherently? Remember when we had a real President?

I remember. I miss those days. This is what a real President did. 75 straight months of job growth.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/a...bs-780x439.jpg

Job growth: 75 months of gains - The Obama economy in 10 charts - CNNMoney

I think of it this way. Trump has brought the office of the Presidency to it's lowest possible denominator.

Anything after this has to be better.

Practically anybody with a pulse could run after this and look good.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:12 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Agreed. Carter = very good person, horrible President
Obama = pretty good person, mediocre president
Trump = horrible person. Good president?

Too soon to say, really. But it's an interesting question: is it possible for someone as personally loathsome as Donald Trump to actually be an effective president?
That's the thing. People seem to love and hate Presidents on their personalities and personal likability, not what their accomplishments are.
If Trump didn't have such an abrasive personality, how many more people would rate him very highly considering he's done more in one year as President than most do in 8 years?
Of course you need to take the foaming at the mouth liberals out of the equation because they will hate anyone who's not on the Dem ticket no matter what he/she does even if it's middle of the road.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:21 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
That's the thing. People seem to love and hate Presidents on their personalities and personal likability, not what their accomplishments are.
If Trump didn't have such an abrasive personality, how many more people would rate him very highly considering he's done more in one year as President than most do in 8 years?
Of course you need to take the foaming at the mouth liberals out of the equation because they will hate anyone who's not on the Dem ticket no matter what he/she does even if it's middle of the road.
^^^^^This. Trump is abrasive, uncouth, has no filter, speaks his mind, and sometimes acts childish. I take the positive with the negative. I want a President that means what he says, and speaks honestly, not some mealy mouthed politician parsing his words. Trump is accomplishing some positive things, yet due to his personality, and the dishonesty of the LEFT, it is often not recognized.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:26 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
George Bush Senior is about the last President we had that acted presidential. Who tried to reach across the aisle and seek compromise.
GWB. was a rubber stamp president and was led by his subordinates.

Bill Clinton wasn't bad as far performance, but a disgrace as far as integrity and morals.

Obama was a my way or the highway style of leadership. His idea of seeking compromise was point fingers and blame someone else. He was very very adept at deficit spending.
That last paragraph reads Trump IMO

Old 04-27-2018, 08:30 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Personality IS important.
Policy is important, yes of course, but has your life changed in any tangible way since Trump was elected?
Mine hasn't changed at all apart from having to be subjected to this daily news circus.

I'm not going to get into the why's and how's of which president accomplished what, because you guys refuse the acknowledge a thing Obama did in any positive way, so we are never going to agree on that, so lets just put that aside.

It is important how a President projects himself to his country people and to the world. In many ways a president leads by example. Look at the name calling and the hatred and the way this county is divided. The right literally hate all 'liberals'. Look at your post: 'foaming at the mouth liberals'. I'm not saying liberals are any better. There's a lot more name calling going around on all sides. Liberals have no respect for conservatives for enabling this President.
Trump has torn this country apart. This nation is divided. How much is your $20 per week tax break worth to you?

Liberals find him embarrassing. The daily childish tweet storms are just... well I can't even put it into appropriate words. It's hard to be proud of the country you live in when you can't be proud of your president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies