Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 08:42 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
It seems that if you're a liberal, you can get away with pretty much anything, but if you're a conservative, especially male, making one time slips such as "legitimate rape" comments will be career ending. They bring up allegations from 30 years prior and use it to destroy you.

1.) Roy Moore
2.) Josh Duggar
3.) Todd Akin
4.) Bill O'Reiley
5.) Eric Bolling

and now they're trying it with Donald Trump!

And let's not forget their attacks on Manafort and Hannity now!

It's like conservatives have to look over their shoulder worried that someday some liberal putz will leak a mistake or misdeed to the press and use it to ruin your career.

It's like living in the Soviet Union!
Ah, so you can't scream "I am a man of God" while being a child rapist....if you are a conservative? Tough world out there......

Bill O obviously did a LOT more than hit on people if he forked up many tens of millions. He's probably a perv.

Duggar? Isn't that the family that made millions from broadcasting how pure they are? Fame is a double-edged sword..it cuts both ways. If they lived their lives outside of the cameras, they would be fine like millions of other families.

You do any real conservatives a disservice mentioning most of those people as conservatives. They are not. They are either nutty (Moore), crazy (Duggar) or stupid.....or highly paid entertainers that used hate to make millions. As such they deserve whatever they sow and reap.

No liberals that I know of demanded that Roger Allies run a culture of puzzy grabbing and "sex for guest appearances". THAT is what should concern you....if you were a moral and ethical individual. But, obviously, you care more about something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 11:32 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
It seems that if you're a liberal, you can get away with pretty much anything, but if you're a conservative, especially male, making one time slips such as "legitimate rape" comments will be career ending. They bring up allegations from 30 years prior and use it to destroy you.

1.) Roy Moore
2.) Josh Duggar
3.) Todd Akin
4.) Bill O'Reiley
5.) Eric Bolling

It's like conservatives have to look over their shoulder worried that someday some liberal putz will leak a mistake or misdeed to the press and use it to ruin your career.

Trump has cheated on all his wives. He laughs about grouping women. He has insulted many women about their looks....like he’s some prize 🙄. And the other people you mentioned are disgusting as well because of how they treat women. Yet conservatives are ok with this kind of behavior.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:57 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Pick that up with the specific name caller (and the Name-caller in Chief who has pretty much lowered our national discourse as low as he could)

Why would they call you a Nazi? Do you like swastikas? Do you hate communism? What is it that made them think you shared any or some qualities with the "God with Us" Nazi party?
The name calling started well before Trump was elected. Don't kid yourself. I've been on these forums for more than half a decade, and while it has progressively (no pun intended) gotten worse it didn't happen overnight and it wasn't the fault of Trump.

During Obama's presidency, there were multiple instances of conservatives being called racist because they didn't agree with Obama. The hardcore leftists around here have a tendency to attack anyone they don't agree with by either blasting them with names or building strawman arguments that have nothing to do with the actual statement of the person and then pretending that they won the argument. It's absolutely ridiculous, and quite frankly the leftists right here on this board are a large part of the reason that I could never bring myself to vote Democrat. I find that I don't want to be associated with a group that is more worried about feelings than they are about logic when it comes to the political arena.

Don't get me wrong; there are some on the right that do the same thing, and I don't agree with them either. However, I've seen fewer directly insulting posts from conservatives than I have from the leftists. Not a huge difference in number, but enough that I've noticed it. On a personal level, I've received a lot more derogatory messages from leftists than I have from those on the right, even though I've argued vociferously in favor of policies that are supposedly anathema to the right.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:

1.) Roy Moore
2.) Josh Duggar
3.) Todd Akin
4.) Bill O'Reiley
5.) Eric Bolling

Pubs control the WH, congress, the supreme court, now most federal courts and most state governments.

Dems are powerless. Irrelevant. Haven't been this far out of power in 90 years.

Please, no more whimpering.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:13 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Even on this forum, conservatives have been attacked more.

I've never seen any liberals have been called nasty names.
I have been called many nasty names, simply because I am pro law and order, the military and I am a minority female conservative.

Let's face it, which is worse? snowflake or a "basket of deplorables"? Which is worse? mentally ill or the Nazis.

You all know who have been attacked more.

So, lib-tards is a term of affection? I'm sure Moochelle will be happy to hear that.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:46 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
I'd rather be called a snowflake than a nazi.
I never saw you be disingenuous until now. If you have read on these boards regularly, and I know you have, you know it to be true that liberals are routinely called names and mocked and ridiculed on this board.

Both sides do it, so I'm not claiming it's all one-sided.

But that's exactly what you are doing.

I guess if the snowflake descriptor fits, you should own it. And in this case, it most definitely fits.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:51 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, lib-tards is a term of affection? I'm sure Moochelle will be happy to hear that.
Oh my bad. I don't take things personally.

If you have been called "oriental cu*t who is always side with the Nazis" maybe we can have another talk.

so back at ya.

Yes, I have certainly been treated unfairly and worse. (I believe this is due to the fact that I am a mixed race Trump voter.) I've NEVER seen any liberals been called that, NEVER.

Have you been offered fried rice on the internet? lol I have, because they assumed I was a Chinese simply because I have Japanese blood in me.

LOL I am more than happy to trade places with YOU

so yeah, back at ya Funny I've been called snow flake when nobody else has been treated this way.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 04-28-2018 at 11:14 AM..

Old 04-28-2018, 11:05 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Donald Trump made his own bed. We all heard the clip of him bragging that he was so wonderful the women let him do whatever he wanted. The guy has been covering his tracks with the help of Cohen for years. Trump is a con man. Innocent people don’t act as guilty as he does. The evidence is mounting. Hopefully he will be gone soon. Quit crying about all the conservatives being persecuted. If they had the evidence on Hillary she would have been arrested. We don’t publicly accuse people and then lock them up, as Trump wants to do. Not in this country with no trial. You want to live that way, then go to Russia....

Old 04-28-2018, 11:30 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Judge allows lawsuit alleging bias against conservative speakers at Berkeley to move forward.
So apparently there is a case to be made of bias against conservatives or the Judge wouldn't allow the case to go forward. No doubt it will linger in court for years with appeals by one party or the other.

The judge could have dismissed the case if it had no merit. He didn't do that.

Berkeley faces lawsuit alleging bias against conservatives | On Air Videos | Fox News

Old 04-28-2018, 11:39 AM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
I've never seen any liberals have been called nasty names.
Talk to your ophthalmologist, because it seems your glasses are seriously rose-tinted. I heartily invite you to check out a thread where Rachel Maddow is brought up, for instance. The slurs directed at her - particularly her sexual orientation - are absolutely vile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies