Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 09:53 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times

Advertisements

Bye bye Tester
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 09:57 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Typical Trump. He nominates a sycophant and does little vetting, and when his nominee goes down to hell and a hand basket, he blames others.

Trump's Trumplings hang on his words, like Trump is some kind of Oracle....Oracle of Dumbbells that is.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:58 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Whatever Tester did it worked. Johnson is no longer under consideration. His utter lack of qualifications should have been enough to eliminate him summarily. Sadly, in the Trump era qualified to do the job has not been a requirement from the man at the top on down. Fealty is all that matters. So Tester had to go low.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:59 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Who the hell is "Ronny Johnson"?
You remember obuma and mooshelle? He was their doctor.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:01 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
You remember obuma and mooshelle? He was their doctor.
I thought that was Ronny Jackson.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
my perspective is different than OP. democrat senator Jon tester publically accused dr. Jackson of wrecking his government car while drunk, an accusation which was widely reported and has been proven false, among other claims made by anonymous sources.

CNN along with other media reported that Dr. Jackson got drunk overseas, loudly banged on colleague's door & was stopped by Secret Service. The Secret Service says it "has no such record of any incident; specifically, any incident involving Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson."

politicians should be able to disagree with the nomination of a potential candidate, but to use character assassination without proof of any wrong doing, is despicable. i don't blame Jackson for withdrawing. what sane person would put up with that crap?

Perhaps Trump should actually attempt being a leader and stop doing that himself.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:12 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
I'd bet the rent money, had push come to shove the people who spoke to Tester would come forward with proof.

Tester may not be your kinda guy, but he is not stupid enough to sandbag himself over an appointment.

What people say in public is not the same as they would say on private.

As far as the Secret Service is concerned. Are they done with drinking and whoring while on duty? Especially in another country? Johnson might have been at their party.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:35 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Fact is, Tester's approval rating is at 42% in Montana. Axios has him on top as someone who will probably not be reelected. Then it's Joe Manchin and Claire McCaskill.

BTW, in Montana, Republicans control every seat except for Tester's and the governor. Tester faces Matt Rosendale, who has been state auditor, so if you are from Montana, you may have heard the name.

Kudos to those who caught me calling Ronny Jackson by the wrong last name. I called him Ronny Johnson.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:37 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'd bet the rent money, had push come to shove the people who spoke to Tester would come forward with proof.

Tester may not be your kinda guy, but he is not stupid enough to sandbag himself over an appointment.

What people say in public is not the same as they would say on private.

As far as the Secret Service is concerned. Are they done with drinking and whoring while on duty? Especially in another country? Johnson might have been at their party.
That was my thought exactly. What with the unfortunate incidents revealed about the Secret Service, perhaps they overlooked a drunk doc pounding on someone's door. Small potatoes compared to what they've been caught doing.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:43 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
This is one of several threads on this exact same topic.

In an earlier one I posted that Trump's attacks could well end up helping Tester by showcasing his independent streak and his willingness to stand up for veterans instead of selling them down the river to an incompetent alcoholic who lies in public. (Trump is neither 6' 3", nor does he weigh 235#)

Montana has a high percentage per capita of veterans and a lot of independent voters.

Chuck Hagel, the former Nebraska senator and Secretary of Defense, was so outraged at Trump's attack that he offered to help Tester campaign.

"What I heard this morning out of the president and others vilifying Tester, it made me sick," Hagel, a Vietnam Veteran, told AP. "Jon Tester is as clear, direct, honest, transparent and pure on veterans matters as anyone I've ever run into."

Game on.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-28-2018 at 11:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies