Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 09:10 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Sounds like Senator Testor is guilty of libel/slander.
Unfortunately they CANNOT be charged with libel or slander on things said while speaking on the floor of the Capitol as part of their official duties in Congress.

The charges made no sense when they came out.

Jackson has been the presidents official doctor since W. Bush.

He is an Admiral in the Navy.

He is thoroughly vetted.

He has a very HIGH Top Secret clearance which is reviewed periodically.

If ANY of the charges were true they would have been discovered by the FBI a LONG time ago.

Just MORE dems ruining someone's life in order to score political points.

Just like John Tower, "Where do I go to get my reputation back", Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain, etc.

The list is LONG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
BS.

Over twenty current and former coworkers spoke out against him. There was also the IG report.

There are several other threads about this if you are at all interested in accurate information.
"Over twenty current and former coworkers spoke out against him."

It is NOT uncommon for people to NOT like the person over them in authority.

Have YOU ever spoken badly abouy ANY of YOUR bosses?

Old 04-29-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Or when he accused Obama of a federal crime, or when he ...

The list goes on of Trump's false accusations. Just read that Stormy Daniels may be suing him for slander.
I know how you like to trash Trump BUT, try to stay on target and discuss Jackson and Tester.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Over twenty current and former coworkers spoke out against him."

It is NOT uncommon for people to NOT like the person over them in authority.

Have YOU ever spoken badly abouy ANY of YOUR bosses?
over 20 -- wow that's a bunch.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:21 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Unfortunately they CANNOT be charged with libel or slander on things said while speaking on the floor of the Capitol as part of their official duties in Congress.

The charges made no sense when they came out.

Jackson has been the presidents official doctor since W. Bush.

He is an Admiral in the Navy.

He is thoroughly vetted.

He has a very HIGH Top Secret clearance which is reviewed periodically.

If ANY of the charges were true they would have been discovered by the FBI a LONG time ago.

Just MORE dems ruining someone's life in order to score political points.

Just like John Tower, "Where do I go to get my reputation back", Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain, etc.

The list is LONG!

Too many inaccuracies to be just accidental
Do deliberate ignorance
A common failing of the Trumpsters..

Old 04-29-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reportedly the Trump Admin does little to no vetting before Trump nominates someone.

Once it hit the fan, Trump publicly encouraged the doctor to withdraw.

Then Trump has another temper tantrum on Twitter, blaming Democrats.

Not a single Democrat vote is necessary to confirm an appointment.
"Reportedly" More fake news.

"the Trump Admin does little to no vetting before Trump nominates someone."

Let's see he was he official Doctor for W, Bush AND Obama.

How maUCH VETTING DO YOU WANT?

He holds one of the HIGHEST Top Secret clearances one can get.

let me guess, you no NOTHING about what it takes to GET and KEEP even low CLASSIFIED CLEARANCE MUCH LESS THE LEVER HE HAD.

ANY charges against you ar IMMEDIATELY forwarded to the FBI.

Even a minor speeding ticket.

I am constantly amazes how some don't mind making big fools of themselves!

Old 04-29-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's to the good that Jackson took himself out of consideration. He simply doesn't have the administrative experience needed to lead the Veteran's Administration.

Remember that the VA has a full department that has nothing at all to do with medicine. It deals only in VA home loans, other VA financial programs, and VA college loans.

The VA runs hospitals, rest homes, out-patient clinics, and also administers programs that are used by private medical and financial companies. It distributes benefits outside of Social Security through the Treasury Dept., has its own job service, and many other non-medical departments.

As one of the largest agencies of our government, the Director needs to have the qualifications of a good CEO than an MD to lead it efficiently and well.

Admiral Ronny Jackson may be a fine doctor, but he simply doesn't have enough qualifications in all those other critical areas to be Director. He was a poor choice, made too quickly, and without enough understanding of what the job entails.

It wasn't his fault, but when he removed himself from consideration, it was the smartest thing he could have done. He saved his career and made it possible for a better person to be chosen.
"He simply doesn't have the administrative experience needed to lead the Veteran's Administration."

Who does?

The VA is the BIGGEST of its type in the world.

Some act as if he has NO experience whatsoever.

"Rear Admiral Ronny L. Jackson

Physician to the President, The White House

Rear Adm. Ronny L. Jackson is a native of Levelland, Texas, and graduated from Texas A&M University in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology. He then went on to attend medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch, graduating in 1995 with his Doctor of Medicine. He began his active duty naval service in 1995 at the Portsmouth Naval Medical Center in Virginia, where he completed his internship in transitional medicine.

After completing his first year of residency training in 1996, he went on to become the honor graduate of the Navy’s Undersea Medical Officer Program in Groton, Connecticut. Uniquely qualified in submarine and hyperbaric medicine, his subsequent operational assignments included, instructor at the Naval Diving and Salvage Training Center in Panama City, Florida; det. officer in charge and diving medical officer at Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Unit 8 in Sigonella, Italy; and diving safety officer at the Naval Safety Center in Norfolk.

In 2001, Jackson returned to Portsmouth Naval Medical Center to begin his residency in emergency medicine, finishing at the top of his class and receiving the honor graduate designation. Upon completing his residency in 2004, he was assigned as clinical faculty in the Emergency Medicine Residency Program at the Naval Hospital in Portsmouth, Virginia. In 2005 he joined the 2nd Marines, Combat Logistics Regiment 25, in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. From there he deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom as the emergency medicine physician in charge of resuscitative medicine for a forward deployed Surgical Shock Trauma Platoon in Taqaddum, Iraq.

In 2006, while still in Iraq, Jackson was selected as a White House physician. Since arriving at the White House, he has directed the Executive Health Care for the President’s Cabinet and Senior Staff, served as physician supervisor for the Camp David Presidential Retreat, held the position of physician to the White House and led the White House Medical Unit as its director. He has served as White House physician during the past three administrations and was the appointed physician to the president for President Barack Obama. He currently serves as the appointed physician to the president for President Donald J. Trump.

His awards include, the Defense Superior Service Medal, the Legion of Merit, the Navy/Marine Corps Commendation Medal (four awards), the Navy/Marine Corps Achievement Medal (three awards), as well as other individual, unit and campaign awards. He is also designated as a diving and undersea medical officer, naval parachutist, Fleet Marine Force Warfare qualified officer, and submarine warfare qualified medical officer.

Jackson is a board certified diplomate of the American Board of Emergency Medicine and is designated as a fellow of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine. He currently holds faculty clinical appointments with the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences and the Harvard School of Medicine affiliated Beth Israel Deaconess Disaster Medicine Fellowship Program."

U.S. Navy Biographies - REAR ADMIRAL RONNY L. JACKSON

Old 04-29-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Good points.

I said it before but Megan McCain said that Jackson was not considered a good choice by Vets and agencies that represent Vets. She said the allegations plus other evidence (not sure what) -- he was a poor choice.

I get it -- Trump was 'rewarding' him for good behavior. Like he warded DeVos for her family's generation contributions, Ben Carson for backing him early & being nice to him, etc.....

It's what most Presidents do but he Trump just doesn't do it right. He needed to find a cushy, low profile, not much responsibility position -- like the Chief Physician for this guy.
"but Megan McCain said that Jackson was not considered a good choice by Vets"'

So what, I AM a VET and she did NOT ask me.

I think he is as qualified as any body else.

"and agencies that represent Vets."

Again, I BELONG to VET organizations and not ONE of them asked me MY opinion and have written them to complain that they should NOT make a formal statement WITHOUT consulting the VETS they represent.

They "assume" a lot.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Evidence could be the accused has a history of a criminal behavior, so they may have done it again. Proof could be that plus DNA/genetic evidence, audiovisual evidence, witness testimonies, and the accused admitting to it.
"Evidence could be the accused has a history of a criminal behavior, so they may have done it again. Proof could be that plus DNA/genetic evidence, audiovisual evidence, witness testimonies, and the accused admitting to it"

I have NO idea what you are trying to say.

I WILL say ANY thing he does that involves ANY police dept. WILL be reported IMMEDIATELY to the FBI because of his HIGH Top Secret Clearence.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:39 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
While experience may be lacking for an organization as large as the VA that could have been a ding against him. But Tester's tirade is out of line and he needs to be smacked down for it.

Sen. Tester Owes An Apology To Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies