Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 10:02 AM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So instead you would want another Globalist/Statist anti American President in the Obama/Hillary mold?
Yes. Maybe not Hillary, but someone like Obama, Macron, Merkel, Tony Blair, David Cameron, GHW Bush (the father), Bill Clinton, Gerald Ford; or even Romney, McCain, Bob Dole, Jack Kemp and the various other recent Republican also-rans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 10:11 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I would hope Democrats are already thinking about who to run in 2020. Regarding Republicans primarying Trump, a whole bunch tried that in 2016. I would hope they'd have some new faces if they want to try that again.
Yeah and don't put sock puppets up for election. The Republicans had too many candidates and the Democrats only really had two. Both parties failed with how many ran in 2016.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWonderWoman View Post
No. Although his tweets make me cringe, look at what he is doing for the USA. And don't forget the person he ran against used the State Department to run an extensive influence peddling scheme. (The Clinton Foundation)
His tweets bother me to, but I realize why he's doing it, so that the Media doesn't twist things around, like they always do.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:23 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
His tweets bother me to, but I realize why he's doing it, so that the Media doesn't twist things around, like they always do.
The Media hates his tweets cause it gives others a voice. They no longer get to dictate the message.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I don't regret it. The democrats are getting downright bipolar as a party lately and we needed a change in power. Trump is simply taking from the democrat playbook... democrats are masters at slander and character assassination, and they're not used to republicans dishing it back to them. Democrats are like adult children..run by emotions, unable or unwilling to accept responsibility for their own actions, and doing anything and everything they can to attack responsible people who are "intolerant bigots" while rewarding, promoting, and giving a free pass, to criminals and people who are irresponsible. Don't blame the person, blame the gun! Felon caught with a gun.. that's ok.. we'll let you go, just don't do it again!

Let's not forget the fact that if it was Hillary who had gotten North Korea to disarm their nukes, they'd be jumping all over themselves to nominate her for the nobel peace prize. The blatant hypocrisy of hardcore members of both parties is why I don't consider myself a member of either. No honor except to advance their own propaganda, like religious cults.. brainwashed into a single way of thinking, unable and unwilling to see things from the other side's perspective.
I was on the fence, but I may change again, as I do not want to be associated with these cry babies, not to mention, they are always complaining, but their attacks are worse than anything I've ever seen in my life....

late night TV, Hollywood, they are really sick.....they have to have their way or else....

Dems were not always like this....I blame a lot of this on colleges

Old 05-01-2018, 12:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I couldn't in good conscience vote for Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriends wife. No regrets.
But your conscience was so clean you had no trouble voting for Trump who talk fondly of knowing his friend, convicted child molester, Jeffrey Epstein:

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” Donald Trump

Old 05-01-2018, 12:30 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If Trump cheated at least he didn’t do it in the White House with a young intern like slick willy.
Come to think of it, many men of God look up to President Trump in total awe.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:30 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But your conscience was so clean you had no trouble voting for Trump who talk fondly of knowing his friend, convicted child molester, Jeffrey Epstein:

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” Donald Trump
Bill Clinton is a close friend of Jeffrey Epstein. I've never seen that quote from Trump before. Can you verity he said that? You do know that Trump at one time owned a beauty pageant, right?

Old 05-01-2018, 12:32 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Yes. Maybe not Hillary, but someone like Obama, Macron, Merkel, Tony Blair, David Cameron, GHW Bush (the father), Bill Clinton, Gerald Ford; or even Romney, McCain, Bob Dole, Jack Kemp and the various other recent Republican also-rans.
I don't understand why some people would want their country to be run, or partially run by foreigners, and foreign law. That is Globalization. The above list is like a Who's Who of the Establishment, Career politicians that just want more, and more government. No thanks.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:33 PM

Oh BTW, speaking of wives, I think Melania is an excellent first lady...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies