Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 10:03 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times

Advertisements

I actually voted for Hilary and wish I voted for trump. The next election depends on the opponent for me, but likely trump. And I think trump,is a moron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 10:04 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
I don't think I would vote have voted or will vote for Mrs. Clinton, either.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:08 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I don't think I would vote have voted or will vote for Mrs. Clinton, either.
I sincerely hope she runs again, but her own party even hates her now, so I doubt she will get the nomination.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:08 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Thank you for expressing an honest opinion instead of just the "rah rah my team" spin as many do here (and admittedly I'm guilty of it too from time to time, cough cough).

You have Trump regret. How many people share your same opinion? Let's do the math. Trump had about 63 million votes, representing 46% of the total vote of 132 million. If we average all of the current polls his approval rating is about 40%, which means he has lost about 6% of support. That works out to nearly 8 million voters who regret their vote.

It means you have lots of good company. It also means that Donald Trump's chances of reelection are very slim.

If the economy is doing good, and we get some real results from the NK/SK peace summit, Trump will win pretty easily against whatever the Dems can drudge up at this point. Kamala Harris? LMAO. Add in some substantial illegal immigration progress, and it wont be near as difficult as the Dems hope.

People vote with their pocketbooks and their personal feeling of security. Having positives on the illegal front and the NK front, with a good economy, and get used to 4 more years of chaos.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:10 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Nope

Trump's not a saint but that's not why you vote for president.

Given the alternative - Hillary Crooked Clinton --- it was a no brainer.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:12 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
I cannot apologize enough for voting for Trump. I do regret voting for Trump and even side with him getting pulled out of office. I have said or enjoy offensive humor similar to the sexist/racist remarks he has said.
Ironically, I still side with some of his points, like the immigration issue. Of course, how one addresses the illegal immigration issue is another issue. So, do you regret voting for Trump?

Thanks for your apology.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:13 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
Quote:
I cannot apologize enough for voting for Trump. I do regret voting for Trump and even side with him getting pulled out of office. I have said or enjoy offensive humor similar to the sexist/racist remarks he has said.
Ironically, I still side with some of his points, like the immigration issue. Of course, how one addresses the illegal immigration issue is another issue. So, do you regret voting for Trump?
I regret NOT voting for Trump! I believed all the lies in the media and how it would be the end of the world if he got elected. I won't make that mistake twice.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:16 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
I have no regrets at all. I would do it over and over again given his performance in the last year. I didn't vote for him because I liked his personality. He's often abrasive, but he's getting the job done he was elected to do.
If I wanted a nice guy that doesn't offend anyone but can't get the job done, I'd vote for Jimmy Carter, and I wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton if my life depended on it, ever.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:16 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump is doing, or at least attempting to do EXACTY what he said during his campaign. He is succeeding for the most part, so NO I do not regret voting for him. If he continues on this path, I will vote for him again in 2020.
ditto

Old 04-29-2018, 10:17 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
If the economy is doing good, and we get some real results from the NK/SK peace summit, Trump will win pretty easily against whatever the Dems can drudge up at this point.
The polls already have the good economy baked in. Trump was around 35% and the tax cut/economy gave him a bump up to about the 40% level. He's been stuck at 40% for months, it appears to be his ceiling.
Click here for the chart.

This is pure math, not spin: Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million. He won the Electoral College by the thinnest of margins, just 100,000 votes scattered across three states (Penn, Mich, Wisc). He won by a statistical fluke. His ratings have fallen in all three of those states, even with the good news you mentioned.

I think there's a better than 50% chance Trump is not on the 2020 ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies