Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whats your stance?
Im a republican and I don’t like trump. 16 26.67%
Im a republican and I do like trump 44 73.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 02:03 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I like more about him than I dislike.
All he has to do is too be better than Obama/Hillary to be the better choice. Yep, I know the bar is set pretty low

Old 04-30-2018, 02:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
This thread is pointless, especially with the poll.

Even acknowledging that most conservatives like Trump, according to the poll, what exactly is keeping forum liberals from voting as if they are conservatives but against Trump?

This is as well thought out as most liberal positions.

Second, hating Trump on the eve of the end of the Korean War comes off as beyond petty and stupid.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I’m a registered republican and raised in a Buckley Conservative mold.

The party doesn’t want fiscal Conservatives or any part of those ideals. The populism bend doesn’t sit well with me, nor does the blatant feudalism. Trump is the manifestation of that.
A few years ago, I read a memoir written by Christopher Buckley, son of William Buckley. He said that his father would be absolutely appalled by what had become of the GOP.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
There is no way you can be a Constitutional Conservative and not like what Trump has accomplished in such a short time, with more opposition than any modern President.

He said he was going to give the country back to the people, and by god if he isn't actually trying to do it, instead of the lip service we had become accustom to.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Must be a slow Sunday night.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing but actually, hating on Trump is all they do on liberal media so what do we expect.

Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, FLOP!

Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is no way you can be a Constitutional Conservative and not like what Trump has accomplished in such a short time, with more opposition than any modern President.

He said he was going to give the country back to the people, and by god if he isn't actually trying to do it, instead of the lip service we had become accustom to.
How would you know what a constitutional conservative likes? You aren't one.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you don't like what Trump has been able to accomplish, despite the relentless opposition from the Communist movement of America, you never were and never will be a Republican. Much less a Constitutional Conservative.
I'm guessing a substantial number of old school Republicans (ie. of the Buckley variety) would strongly disagree with you. In fact, they might believe that Trump supporters are not, and never will be, true Republicans, much less Constitutional Conservatives (see upthread).

Old 04-30-2018, 02:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I can't vote 'cause I left the party ... in disgust.
I left the party 14 years ago, voted for my party candidate (Johnson) ...however, Trump is a far cry better than the alternative. "IF" he manages to denuclearize NoKo, he should go down as one of the greatest Presidents in history. I'm sure the left will still be fixated on the important things like Stormy Daniels and RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA, even if he does. He certainly will have earned a NPP, unlike the last guy who won one for for doing absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I'm guessing a substantial number of old school Republicans (ie. of the Buckley variety) would strongly disagree with you. In fact, they might believe that Trump supporters are not, and never will be, true Republicans, much less Constitutional Conservatives (see upthread).
Actually it is we moderates, fiscal conservatives, the ones that have left the party who are the Constitutional Conservatives, not them. They are the ones that have destroyed the party, claim to be for small government while growing it. They are the true RINOs, we are the true Republicans.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Considering his landslide victory against Hillary, the proof is in the pudding.
Trump, is that you? Landslide is the wrong word. He won the electoral college, but she got the most votes.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:57 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
A few years ago, I read a memoir written by Christopher Buckley, son of William Buckley. He said that his father would be absolutely appalled by what had become of the GOP.
And it has taken Christopher a long time to reconcile with his fathers views. The national Review is starting to warrant a re-subscription for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies