Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 06:55 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
A legend in his own mind, he have no power to do anything.
Guilliani is quite the political player. I suspect he would like to get this wrapped up before he's implicated.

In any case, I suspect he is the one behind getting these questions to the NYTs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 06:57 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
"It's a disgrace! It's a witch hunt! No collusion!" This is just 2018's version of Nixon's "I am not a crook!". But I suspect that Trump is much more of a crook than Nixon ever was.
Great American lesson. How about vetting people running for president and commander in chief. Trump bullying his way to the nomination was the beginning of the man we have in the oval office. There were good candidates, he was not one of them. The republican party is to blame for this debacle. JMO

Old 05-01-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Isn't is crazy how people choose to be misinformed? Either that or they don't like the truth so they parrot the fake news that is spoon fed to them. ...

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

Old 05-01-2018, 06:58 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
You Got THAT Right......the most unethical, corrupt, TRAITOROUS President in US history is GOING DOWN!
Indeed. It is highly likely that Mueller already knows the answers to all of these questions, he just wants to see it Trump will lie or tell the truth.

Poor Trump. He is 100% ego driven and only wanted to be POTUS because of the title. Trump cares very little about the job, and cares even less about his supporters. But I doubt he had any idea that running for and becoming president would be the biggest mistake of his life.

I imagine Trump would quit before any formal proceedings would take place, and I can see him living out the rest of his days in shame and secrecy, becoming a recluse and angrily tweeting from the penthouse of Trump Tower.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:00 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,218,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Mr Trump simply needs to follow the Hillary model...
"I don't recall"
Trump may, or may not. He likes to run his mouth too much though, his brain might not let him. His lawyers know this.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:01 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What are you talking about? Clinton didn't chose to answer questions during Jones' sexual harassment lawsuit.

Clinton was compelled to answer questions.

His legal team fought Jones' lawsuit, arguing that it would distract him from the important tasks of the presidency and that the lawsuit be postponed until after he left the WH. However, the Supreme Court ruled against Clinton and he was compelled to testify.
So what are you saying here? You were asking why Trump isn’t forced to answer the way Clinton was. This is an investigation, not a civil suit. Can Trump be compelled to answer questions under these, very different circumstances? Can he refuse to answer? Does the 5th amendment apply here, where it didn’t during the law suit?

Old 05-01-2018, 07:03 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Trump may, or may not. He likes to run his mouth too much though, his brain might not let him. His lawyers know this.
!

I agree!

Old 05-01-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Clinton was required to answer questions about it because he chose to answer questions during a sexual harassment law suit. I’m no lawyer, but I’m pretty sure he could have chosen not to take the stand. As far as I know, you cant be forced to incriminate yourself.
As I pointed out, this inaccurate information.

Clinton tried not taking the stand but was compelled to do so by the Supreme Court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
So what are you saying here? You were asking why Trump isn’t forced to answer the way Clinton was. This is an investigation, not a civil suit. Can Trump be compelled to answer questions under these, very different circumstances? Can he refuse to answer? Does the 5th amendment apply here, where it didn’t during the law suit?
Clinton could have take taken the 5th Amendment, just as Trump can.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:12 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Great American lesson. How about vetting people running for president and commander in chief. Trump bullying his way to the nomination was the beginning of the man we have in the oval office. There were good candidates, he was not one of them. The republican party is to blame for this debacle. JMO
There were not good candidates. Rand Paul and maybe Ben Carson but the rest were pretty much garbage. Were you hoping for another Bush/Clinton showdown perhaps? The GOP needed this shakeup. For the most part they were turning in to democrat lite on all the issues that were doing the most destruction to the backbone of our country.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:19 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."
a bit too long as it won't fit onto tRump's lapel pin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies