Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 04:50 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why I'm not hearing more on Trump profiting on his businesses while in office. Is there a way they are getting around this because his kids are running his businesses or is Congress just ignoring the fact he is breaking the emoluments clause? This is so blatantly clear to anyone paying attention and I'm not hearing a peep. ???

Old 05-27-2018, 04:51 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
CNN's Jake Tapper, in partnership with FactCheck.org, looks at President Trump's claim that Democratic legislation has caused immigrant families to be separated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4hOG2SyesQ

Clear and concise.

"You are perfectly entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts"

Gotta love it.

Tearing children from their parents' arms is so cruel and inhumane that even Trump can't support it in public, so he lies about it.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:58 AM

Trump can lie all he wants about tearing families apart that are seeking asylum, but anyone that would think this is a good idea or deterrent is insane. My heart breaks for these people and the children who are so traumatized.
Real Christian of them! Hypocrittes

Old 05-27-2018, 04:58 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I don't understand why I'm not hearing more on Trump profiting on his businesses while in office. Is there a way they are getting around this because his kids are running his businesses or is Congress just ignoring the fact he is breaking the emoluments clause? This is so blatantly clear to anyone paying attention and I'm not hearing a peep. ???
Why you, I, & everyone else are not hearing more is likely because of Mr. Trump's continuing political repression campaign is running interference.

Their patron saint is US Senator Joseph McCarthy.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Why you, I, & everyone else are not hearing more is likely because of Mr. Trump's continuing political repression campaign is running interference.

Their patron saint is US Senator Joseph McCarthy.
This is truly history repeating itself in our lifetime. McCarthyism is now Trumpism. How very sad.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:07 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Quote:
On Sunday, Donald Trump announces he wanted to lift U.S. sanctions on the Chinese telecom company ZTE.

A Chinese company agreed last Thursday to build a theme park at a major Indonesian development project that is set to include Trump-branded hotels, residences, and a golf course—and that will be funded in part by $500 million in Chinese government loans.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...port-says.html

How convenient is that?

Old 05-27-2018, 05:14 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
This is truly history repeating itself in our lifetime. McCarthyism is now Trumpism. How very sad.
Yup. History rhymes. ("History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes." ~Mark Twain)

Honestly, we should've been able to see this coming when some folks began to make assertions about Joe McCarthy 'being right'.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:37 AM

Quote:
On Sunday, Donald Trump announces he wanted to lift U.S. sanctions on the Chinese telecom company ZTE.

A Chinese company agreed last Thursday to build a theme park at a major Indonesian development project that is set to include Trump-branded hotels, residences, and a golf course—and that will be funded in part by $500 million in Chinese government loans.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...port-says.htmlfit but,

How convenient is that?
Wow! So if I understand this correctly, the Trump organization doesn't "directly" benefit but, it does indirectly benefit him because he was able to lock in a previous tentative commitment. So this is how he is skating the emoluments clause.
This is why Congress isn't speaking a word about it. Better believe that's why Trump did China a "personal favor" and lifted sanctions.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:47 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...port-says.html

How convenient is that?
Sweet Geezus.

Xi and Kim are playing him like a five cent fiddle.

Trump announced he's lifting the sanctions against ZTE.

Congress slaps that down because of national security risks.

Trump announces ZTE will pay a fine, round up a new board, and have an inspections. (Sounds like a job for Pruitt, doesn't it?) So ZTE is back in business in the U.S.

Congress -- your move.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 05-27-2018 at 06:00 AM..

Old 05-27-2018, 05:51 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Wow! So if I understand this correctly, the Trump organization doesn't "directly" benefit but, it does indirectly benefit him because he was able to lock in a previous tentative commitment. So this is how he is skating the emoluments clause.
This is why Congress isn't speaking a word about it. Better believe that's why Trump did China a "personal favor" and lifted sanctions.
It looks like NK is being nice as part of ZTE deal. My OPINION: China forcing NK to have summit with Trump for political purposes only. Once ZTE removed from sanctions summit will happen so Trump can claim a first.
All the while Trump profits personally. The world sees a POTUS who can be bought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies