Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2018, 07:05 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump is tweeting up a storm. In the middle of the usual witch hunt stuff, Trump claimed he and Mueller had a "very nasty & contentious business relationship."

Does anyone know what this is about?
From The Hill: "The Times reported that Trump listed three conflicts he believed should disqualify Mueller: A dispute over fees at Trump’s National Golf Club in Virginia, his interview for FBI director before being named special counsel, and Mueller’s previous employment at a law firm that represents Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner."

Source:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...s-relationship

Seems pretty weak to me.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:45 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
From The Hill: "The Times reported that Trump listed three conflicts he believed should disqualify Mueller: A dispute over fees at Trump’s National Golf Club in Virginia, his interview for FBI director before being named special counsel, and Mueller’s previous employment at a law firm that represents Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner."

Source:

Seems pretty weak to me.
Desperate men do desparate things.
While providing entertainment for the rest of us.
So "see thru "

Old 07-29-2018, 08:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Trump is tweeting up a storm. In the middle of the usual witch hunt stuff, Trump claimed he and Mueller had a "very nasty & contentious business relationship."

Does anyone know what this is about?
But arguably the most eye-catching alleged conflict of interest involves a purported dispute between Mueller and the Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Virginia, in October 2011. President Trump claimed Mueller resigned his membership at the club due to the alleged disagreement over fees and believes he still holds a grudge against him over the matter.
https://www.newsweek.com/mueller-qui...lf-club-792562

Old 07-29-2018, 09:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post

Source:

Seems pretty weak to me.
My take--Trump's clowns don't have anything remotely disqualifying to cite against Mueller--so they are really digging into the ether to come up with anything that the BASE--not anyone who actually knows what is going on and understands Trump's motivation behind the lies--will believe...it is a sucker ploy...and only suckers will believe...

1--the supposed dispute over golf fees at Trump National--
I am sure Mueller was glad to get away and the amount of money that might be in contention is minimal to Mueller...
This is a man who left a VERY well-paying job with a national law firm to take up this special council position
MONEY is not what motivates Mueller--
However anyone who knows or reads anything accurate about Trump knows that MONEY is his God (along with DJT) and he would hold a grudge and had many times over small and larger amounts of money...

2--If #1 is accurate--why would Trump even consider hiring Mueller as FBI Chief--
Having someone working for you who "holds a grudge" doesn't seem to be the smart thing to do
So the fact that Trump considered hiring Mueller after the Trump National dispute proves that if he wanted Mueller, the dispute is nothing serious and if he doesn't want Mueller then it is a bid deal...
This is Trump's mind--there is only +/-, strictly binary
Either for me or against me---and when Trump WANTED to hire Mueller, it was +
Now that Mueller is hauling his ass over the coals, Trump hates him...

3--See #2--
If the relationship between Mueller and Jared Kushner was so close or antithetical why would Trump consider him for FBI head initially? Binary code once again...
Kushner used the firm--he didn't use Mueller...this was disclosed to the Justice Dept and I am sure the oversight there found nothing in conflict...
I am sure Mueller stepped well away from anything to do with someone as sleezy as Kushner...

Trump is not smart
No one advising him except maybe Don McGahn and KellyAnn Conway's husband George have the cojones to tell him when he is about to step in **** and track it all over the Oval Office carpet
He is grasping at straws and these are all they can come up with
These have all been mentioned before as "objections" but they are just examples of how weak Trump's arguments are on any level...

Old 07-29-2018, 10:22 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
My take--Trump's clowns don't have anything remotely disqualifying to cite against Mueller--so they are really digging into the ether to come up with anything that the BASE--not anyone who actually knows what is going on and understands Trump's motivation behind the lies--will believe...it is a sucker ploy...and only suckers will believe...

1--the supposed dispute over golf fees at Trump National--
I am sure Mueller was glad to get away and the amount of money that might be in contention is minimal to Mueller...
This is a man who left a VERY well-paying job with a national law firm to take up this special council position
MONEY is not what motivates Mueller--
However anyone who knows or reads anything accurate about Trump knows that MONEY is his God (along with DJT) and he would hold a grudge and had many times over small and larger amounts of money...

2--If #1 is accurate--why would Trump even consider hiring Mueller as FBI Chief--
Having someone working for you who "holds a grudge" doesn't seem to be the smart thing to do
So the fact that Trump considered hiring Mueller after the Trump National dispute proves that if he wanted Mueller, the dispute is nothing serious and if he doesn't want Mueller then it is a bid deal...
This is Trump's mind--there is only +/-, strictly binary
Either for me or against me---and when Trump WANTED to hire Mueller, it was +
Now that Mueller is hauling his ass over the coals, Trump hates him...

3--See #2--
If the relationship between Mueller and Jared Kushner was so close or antithetical why would Trump consider him for FBI head initially? Binary code once again...
Kushner used the firm--he didn't use Mueller...this was disclosed to the Justice Dept and I am sure the oversight there found nothing in conflict...
I am sure Mueller stepped well away from anything to do with someone as sleezy as Kushner...

Trump is not smart
No one advising him except maybe Don McGahn and KellyAnn Conway's husband George have the cojones to tell him when he is about to step in **** and track it all over the Oval Office carpet
He is grasping at straws and these are all they can come up with
These have all been mentioned before as "objections" but they are just examples of how weak Trump's arguments are on any level...
Putin is advising him.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:59 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
And now for a bit of humor.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...60989098962950

Old 07-30-2018, 06:25 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Trump is tweeting up a storm.
Trump's behavior is that of a guilty conscience. If Trump were innocent, he wouldn't be saying anything at all.

But just like Richard Nixon did, a president that was forced to quit before he was arrested, Trump continues to bash the people investigating him.

Yes, Donald. The walls are closing in, and the day you hoped would never come is on the horizon. Hang in there, Orange Donny. Things are going to get a little bumpy for you.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:01 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
We ain't seen nothin' yet.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1023863306044538880

Old 07-30-2018, 07:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Trump has never learned to keep his mouth shut--
Even long before he considered running for POTUS
Even before he started laundering money for Russian oligarchs

Running his mouth is just par for the course for him--
He is a narcissist
He can't resist talking about himself

Whether what he says is the truth (99.9% not) or an easy to spot lie, Trump lives to be in the news, get attention, and brag about himself...
The fact that he is talking, tweeting doesn't have anything to do with whether he is innocent or guilty--
The fact that he CANNOT tell the truth is just symptomatic of his malignant narcissism

Those of us who see Trump for what he is might think he is doing all this because he is afraid of Mueller--and some of it might be--but I have come to think that Trump just can't NOT be "on" all the time

The one thing he really has NOT Tweeted or spoken out against personally is Avenatti
I don't know what Avenatti or Daniels might have against Trump but it is something big

Guiliani has been talking trash about Avenatti and now Cohen--but not Trump
For me, Trump keeping away from bashing Avenatti speaks louder than a Grateful Dead concert

Old 07-30-2018, 07:06 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
But arguably the most eye-catching alleged conflict of interest involves a purported dispute between Mueller and the Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Virginia, in October 2011. President Trump claimed Mueller resigned his membership at the club due to the alleged disagreement over fees and believes he still holds a grudge against him over the matter.
https://www.newsweek.com/mueller-qui...lf-club-792562
Mueller left a partnership in a law firm where he was making millions to take a government job paying less than $200,000/year over a dispute about golf fees several years ago?

That doesn't even make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies