Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 05:04 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Fascinates me that leftists seem to be the only ones watching cable "news" these days, or care about it.
The idea being that these networks, existing for years, only exist to pass on unreliable, made-up stories, with those reporting (educated, informed, productive and intelligent beings) wasting all of their time and energy on just "nothing". Yeah, that would make total sense.

This claim introduced by their (fake) leader, to persist that everything he doesn't like hearing about himself is false, is just blindly accepted by his followers.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:44 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Fortune magazine estimates Trump's net worth at 3.92 billion. Forbes has it a little higher at 4.5 billion. Neither estimate is even half of what you claim.
And I bet those two estimates are not close to what he really has--
Trump has always puffed himself up
There is no telling how much debt is attached to anything physical he owns and remember most of what he is basing his wealth on is "marketing rights"
When the Trump name is worth 0 what will his marketing be worth???

Kushner is starting to feel the heat on some of his properties--and if Mueller really wants to investigate his recent deal on the 666 bldg then he is toast...
And as daddy goes, so go Ivanka and Doofus I and II...

Old 08-09-2018, 05:54 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
There is no telling how much debt is attached to anything physical he owns and remember most of what he is basing his wealth on is "marketing rights"

Kushner is starting to feel the heat on some of his properties--and if Mueller really wants to investigate his recent deal on the 666 bldg then he is toast...
Some good points here. How much does he owe and at what interest rates. And how much does he owe Russian oligarchs? And what will the marketing value of his name be when he is fully exposed as the biggest swindler and con man that ever crawled out from under a rock?

Old 08-09-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Some good points here. How much does he owe and at what interest rates. And how much does he owe Russian oligarchs? And what will the marketing value of his name be when he is fully exposed as the biggest swindler and con man that ever crawled out from under a rock?
Of course he supposedly benefitted from that slice of RosNef Russian oil that went public...
But that could be tied up with sanctions....
Too bad...

Old 08-09-2018, 06:10 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

I understand it s like 30 Billion in debt to an Oligarch...essentially Putin.
Great. Our POTUS is in debt to Putin. And he took an oath to protect USA. Fraud. He started out compromised.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
I understand it s like 30 Billion in debt to an Oligarch...essentially Putin.
Great. Our POTUS is in debt to Putin. And he took an oath to protect USA. Fraud. He started out compromised.
Of course Trump could prove his net worth by releasing his taxes.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:23 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Hard to say what the marketing value of the Trump name is even now.

As far as I can tell, the only properties that are making money are the ones he visits regularly -- the couple golf courses, Mar-a-Lago, and the DC Hotel.

The hospitality tax reports from all the rest of his endeavors report diminishing returns.

IIRC correctly, one golf course was $25 million in the hole last year.

According to the WSJ, condo sales at Trump Tower have stalled and prices have dropped.

Apparently, Trump's Florida condos have been bought up by Russians who are having anchor babies, so they're doing okay.

But everywhere else, not so much.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Of course Trump could prove his net worth by releasing his taxes.
Tax returns--as we have seen with Manafort's trial I think--are actually not proof of wealth--only of REPORTED income which may or may not be true depending on the honesty of the person/business completing the returns

Old 08-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

As far as I can tell, the only properties that are making money are the ones he visits regularly -- the couple golf courses, Mar-a-Lago, and the DC Hotel.

The hospitality tax reports from all the rest of his endeavors report diminishing returns.

According to the WSJ, condo sales at Trump Tower have stalled and prices have dropped.

Apparently, Trump's Florida condos have been bought up by Russians who are having anchor babies, so they're doing okay.

Trump International Hotel on Pennsylvania Ave. could lose it's liquor license as several influential DC residents have filed a complaint with the liquor board that the owner (Trump) is not of good character as required by law. Who would want to stay at a hotel where you couldn't buy hooch?

Old 08-09-2018, 09:11 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

First Russian anchor babies then....chain migration !!!!
You know he loves him those Russian babies.

Mexican babies...not so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies