Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 08:00 AM

26,444 posts, read 15,041,601 times

Advertisements

The liberal who started this talks of white privilege.

More like white restriction.

Would he support a white person using the N word the way he does?

Would he support a white person using other cultures the way he uses other cultures - clearly not as seen by the dress.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:21 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,762,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
YES -- and make it about something way bigger than it is.

First - -this is absolutely positive not a left or right issue.

It has always bothered some folks -- some Indians, some Chinese, when someone wear their cultural garb or make their food.

Second, social media meant a few people fussed -- only people following her would have seen her tweet. But then SOMEBODY decided it was a cause to take up and started sharing with the likes of Ben Shapiro who then made it all about the left.

Third, we then spend how many pages talking about it.

Of course it is silly for someone to get upset about her wearing the dress.
Of course it is silly for someone to get upset about folks getting upset.

And then there are those of us getting upset about those getting upset over those getting upset.

Mole hill to mountain in days with this here internet.

Notions such as Cultural Appropriation, Micro-aggressions, and White Privilege are hallmarks of the modern Left.

The Left created this idiocy and much to their chagrin, are themselves getting snared in it ever more often.

We on the so-called Right criticize and deride it. We point out how stupid and insane it is. We are not the ones engaging in non stop race-based hysteria.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:23 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,750,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
First - -this is absolutely positive not a left or right issue.
Please... it's straight out of leftist academia.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:27 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,833,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post

I know that may come across as incredibly assuming, on my part, and if I am wrong in my assumption re your daughter, please accept my apology. But, I have seen so many ABCs over the years who come to China moaning about racism and cultural insensitivity in America, only to get woke to what real racism and cultural insensitivity is when met by the same from real Chinese people who mock them for not being really Chinese.
That doesn't surprise this "liberal" in the least. I grew up in Toronto, Ontario, a very large, extremely diverse city with a huge Asian population, including Chinese, both immigrant and Canadian-born. The Chinese, as a group, are among the most racist, bigoted people I've ever encountered.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:28 AM

34,215 posts, read 18,550,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It is more divisive, identity politics that keeps us bickering, and not focused on the real issues. The Media, Education, and Politicians have convinced us we have a RIGHT to be offended about everything in which we may even mildly disagree, or dislke. This has been a cultural shift over the last forty years. It is causing our society to devolve.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:30 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,833,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Surely I don't have to tell you that not all "liberals" subscribe to academic doctrine? As a "conservative," do you accept everything other conservatives say or do?

Old 05-02-2018, 09:35 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,762,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Surely I don't have to tell you that not all "liberals" subscribe to academic doctrine? As a "conservative," do you accept everything other conservatives say or do?
Of course.

It's not ALL Liberals.

But it's ONLY Liberals.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:44 AM

25 posts, read 24,729 times
Little snowflakes so fragile they get up set at a teen wearing a dress. LMAO. I don't want any blacks or Chinese to wear blue jeans, that is my culture and whites created them. Whites created the modern suit so no Chinese or blacks can wear that. LOL how stupid do you have to be to be a liberal? damn stupid .

Old 05-02-2018, 09:47 AM

19,590 posts, read 12,196,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
That doesn't surprise this "liberal" in the least. I grew up in Toronto, Ontario, a very large, extremely diverse city with a huge Asian population, including Chinese, both immigrant and Canadian-born. The Chinese, as a group, are among the most racist, bigoted people I've ever encountered.
The cultures of some of the groups the lefties defend so vehemently, can be pretty awful. There is all manner of animal and human abuse, bullying, bigotry, misogyny from some of these foreign "minority" cultures the left fawns over. We see it when they don't speak up against how Islam treats women.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:15 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,120,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I can help you with that hair straightening thing.

Nobody claims "cultural appropriation" over hair straightening because it originated as a result of black women having to bow to white norms to be accepted.

Your statement up top there makes it pretty clear. You think their hair looks better straight than natural.

I like natural hair on a black person. It's really lovely.

But, ultimately, I like their hair however THEY like it.
BS! Tell that to Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, or Queen Latifah, just to name a few. They must like the way it looks too cause they all are doing it.

Your blame claim is about as pathetic as when Michael Jackson claimed he did all that plastic surgery and skin bleaching so he would be fully excepted by the white people, even though he had already been fully excepted by the white people long before he started doing all that crazy stuff to his face.

And yes, I prefer the looks of their hair when it's straight compared to when it's natural. But don't forget, they didn't straighten their hair for me. I'm just giving feedback as to what I think of how it looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.