Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2018, 06:52 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Go back and read my other posts, you can’t harm an individual body preemptively. Your body is your property.
Your body is owned by the collective state. How selfish of you to claim ownership over anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 06:57 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Go back and read my other posts, you can’t harm an individual body preemptively. Your body is your property.
oh I did read your posts

do you remember, the guy goes fishing, and the borg steals his tools....because they need the tool MORE than he does

Old 05-16-2018, 07:42 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh I did read your posts

do you remember, the guy goes fishing, and the borg steals his tools....because they need the tool MORE than he does
If you are using the tools, then no one can take them without your permission.

And like I said, you were wrong in your last point.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Your body is owned by the collective state. How selfish of you to claim ownership over anything.
We all have the right to personal freedom. Capitalism doesn't allow this.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
We all have the right to personal freedom. Capitalism doesn't allow this.
capitalism absolutely allows personal freedom, personal success, and even personal failure

Marxism is slavery

Old 05-16-2018, 08:32 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Thank the Gods!

Thank the Gods for thinking for yourself & for using reason, creative & critical thinking skills & more & applied to the current topic here!

The basically libertarian approach is 1 large & loopy circular argument. They circle jerk about definitions re: "property" (including the ridiculous claim that 'people are essentially the same as property') & "contracts" as if these legal ideas somehow had meaning in the absence of law.

Fr'instance, take the whole "Non-Aggression Principle" as it relates to the above ^. The only justified force they support is to prop up a system of property, a system which required force to be created in the first place & requires force to maintain it.

Voting is being 'forced'. & apparently anything is (falsely) equivalent to rape & on & melodramatically on ... zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz ... pardon me ~ just fell asleep for a moment.

George Carlin likely said it best in Naplam & Silly Putty:

G'night to you & yours & have a pleasant tomorrow!
Anarchy is apolitical.

Chi, you disappoint me.

And playing dumb on offensive force and defensive force?

Again, you disappoint me.

Voting is voluntary. Who ever said it was "force"?

Making up stuff?

You disappoint me.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
capitalism absolutely allows personal freedom, personal success, and even personal failure

Marxism is slavery
Capitalism give control of an individuals own abilities to a few capital controllers who own the means of production.

Anarcho-syndicalism gives a person free control over their own input, where and when they want to apply, etc.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Capitalism give control of an individuals own abilities to a few capital controllers who own the means of production.

Anarcho-syndicalism gives a person free control over their own input, where and when they want to apply, etc.
Capitalism allows personal freedom, personal success, and even personal failure to EVERY INDIVIDUAL

Marxism is anti freedom, anti-individual,.... Marxism is slavery to the collective/commune...the borg

Old 05-16-2018, 09:00 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Anarchy is apolitical.

Chi, you disappoint me.

And playing dumb on offensive force and defensive force?

Again, you disappoint me.

Voting is voluntary. Who ever said it was "force"?

Making up stuff?

You disappoint me.
It reminds me of a few Molyneux call in shows back in the day...he'd be talking to them for up to 30 minutes, listening to their arguments, breaking them down and correcting things before they move on to the next point...

Then the person just completely reverts back to the exact same points they were making at the beginning, even after they've gone into detail about why those points were wrong. It's a total waste of time. He'd immediately take that as a que to end it and move on to the next person who would actually have an honest conversation.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:

Marxism is slavery
The Capitalist government does not allow me to grow certain plants on my own land and ingest them in order to attain more "personal freedom of mind". Why?

In fact, the Capitalist government will arrest, fine and jail me for same - while making hefty profits on all those services (many outsourced). They will ruin me, ruin my life and ruin my family. They will allow me to be bodily raped, beaten, stabbed and abused within their state-operated shelters.

Please explain carefully how this is freedom...

The Capitalist government will not allow me to erect a tent or small temporary shelter on land owned by the Government (State, Federal) and live there. This is MY LAND. In many cases I have to pay to even visit it. Capitalist corporations are allowed to drill on it for oil and gas, dig it up for minerals and/or pollute it in many ways. They can erect dwellings and other buildings and rigs to sustain life there....on MY LAND.

The Capitalist government won't even allow me to sail or ride a boat unless I spend a LOT of money obtaining various licenses and registrations. I'm not talking highways (which cost money, so requiring money is OK), but I cannot fish nor cruise in coastal waters, lakes, rivers or streams without registration.

What you are talking about is not freedom. It is a very narrow slice of a certain type of economic life. "The Marketplace" has existed for thousands - probably tens of thousands of years. It was usually a relatively "free marketplace" in that buyer and seller agreed on the price of the goods and services.

You are acting as if the ability to "make money" is the epitome of freedom. It is not.
Freedom is freedom of thought and consciousness - you know, the ability to smoke that weed and have "different" thoughts than just about how to make more money and buy more things.

Why does the "biggest capitalist" nation have the largest jail population on the planet? Seems a strange correlation - if something is great, people usually want to take part in it.

Why do so many in the USA feel disaffected? We are the undisputed leaders in Capitalism and yet count up the suffering, poverty, disease, obesity, early deaths, depression, suicides, etc.....

How was I "free" when the government sent me a note to report for my draft card to see if they should send me to Vietnam against my will? Were Vietnamese peasants landing on the beaches here?

You have a lot of explaining to do. But let me give you a hint or two. Trump was elected because people felt disaffected (at least a lot of that minority). So we know people who feel Capitalism gave them short shrift elected Trump. On the other side of the isle, folks like me ALWAYS knew that Government didn't give two chits about us - and would send us in a heartbeat to die for Dow Chemical, Exxon or just to use up and test more war toys they could sell worldwide.

Is that freedom? Personal freedom?

Is this "success" is so readily available, why are generations of folks in KY, TN, MO, WV, etc. on disability, medicaid...and have problems with drinking, opiates, meth, etc...and are dying young? Is this the end result? 80 year olds working for $9. an hour as wal-mart greeters so they can make ends meet while a very few suck up 10,000X more money than they need.

You have a lot of explaining to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies