Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2018, 02:02 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
How ridiculous.

Marxism offers people actual freedom to do what you want with your labor. You don't have to work for someone to produce what you want.

Output of labor can be given to whomever you want but it can't be controlled by an external force.

Do you want to grow squash and give it to someone else, great.

Do you want another person to oversize their abilities with control of multiple labor sources? Because if you do you don't just support slavery, but also an accumulation of power towards an eventual de-centralized authoritarian state.

A person can't be free, while they can only use their labour in a prescribed manner.

I want to pick squash for another person in exchange for money, also great.

What makes Marxism unworkable, is that at some point there will be those who wish to sell their labour, and those who wish to buy labour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 02:10 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
A person can't be free, while they can only use their labour in a prescribed manner.

What makes Marxism unworkable, is that at some point there will be those who wish to sell their labour, and those who wish to buy labour.
You can sell the output of your labor.

Not the Input. None of this contradicts what you just said about squash.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You can sell the output of your labor.

Not the Input. None of this contradicts what you just said about squash.
But I don't want to sell the output of my labour, I want to sell my labour -why can't I? ....

.... I already know the answer to that question, which is that Marxism can only work on a big scale, if all other forms of economic thought/activity are suppressed. That's why you see votes as unimportant.

Last edited by Joe90; 05-05-2018 at 02:38 PM..

Old 05-05-2018, 02:34 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
But I don't want to sell the output of my labour, I want to sell my labour -why can't I?
Because no other person has a right to your abilities. You can labor away for someone as much as your heart desires but once your work is 'owned' by someone else they become more than just their own abilities creating an excess of power.

Said excess can and will be used to expand the power of the individual until they are the authority. Once you own the labor of one person you can eventual employ dozens till the point you control the means of production as you control the labor using it.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:

Even Joe, who I've done battle with before, understands the problems here.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:39 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need".

Lamps don't provide for base needs (shelter, food, water, etc.)

If you need something, you have the right to produce it without enslaving yourself to the will of another
again you contradict yourself

according to you
Quote:
If you need something, you have the right to produce it without enslaving yourself to the will of another,((and earlier you also said) but if you leave it out while you are out fishing for dinner, and someone stumbles upon your produce, they have the right to take it, because they need it, and you CAN NOT own a tool for common production

that's what Marxism , a contradiction of the mind and freedom

Marxism (communism) is ANTI-freedom

Last edited by workingclasshero; 05-05-2018 at 03:01 PM..

Old 05-05-2018, 02:42 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Value placed by the 'free markets' have nothing to do with the needs of the community.
uhm...the community is the market that establishes the value

hence the hypocrisy of marxism

Old 05-05-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
again you contradict yourself

according to you

that's what Marxism , a contradiction of the mind and freedom

Marxism (communism) is ANTI-freedom
It's almost scary seeing someone nonchalantly label what is needed, what's a luxury, time frames for when work can be done, what things you have in your house can be confiscated for the common good, etc.

This must be how the Soviet people felt right before the Politburo announced the yearly centralized plan. I'd be scared to death not knowing what I would be making, where, under what conditions.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Because no other person has a right to your abilities. You can labor away for someone as much as your heart desires but once your work is 'owned' by someone else they become more than just their own abilities creating an excess of power.

Said excess can and will be used to expand the power of the individual until they are the authority. Once you own the labor of one person you can eventual employ dozens till the point you control the means of production as you control the labor using it.
I'm cool with that - would I need to be "re-educated" under a Marxist economy?

Why doesn't anyone have a right to your abilities, if you've willingly sold them? - how about an answer that isn't just a slogan?

Old 05-05-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm...the community is the market that establishes the value

hence the hypocrisy of marxism
No. Maslow does...as interpreted by King Winterfall.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies