Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Hillary Standard be applied to Trump
Yes, Trump should be treated like Hillary 33 94.29%
No, Trump and all Republicans don't deserve it 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 05:30 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Hillary is a monkey of sorts, she should be treated like an animal, not a human being.... (no offense to monkeys).
She is a better human being then you. At most she would call you deplorable, not sub human.

When we start saying nonsense where we dehumanize those we do not like, it brings out the worst and most vile in us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 05:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Hillary isn't our president so who cares.
Everyone should care that Hillary benefitted from a different standard than the rest of us can expect.
It shows that the USA is little better than some corrupt developing country.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:41 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Well, Yeah.

But I thought that was the appeal of Trump, he was somehow NOT an elitist. It that why he is championed for? He's not a politician? He's an everyman? He understands the forgotten man? Yet he lives in a tower under his onlwn name, is a TV celebrity, poops in a golden toilet and was born with a silver spoon.

He certainly IS an eletist. He can lie and swindle with the best of them, he proves that more and more every day.

That's an interesting point.

The usual term of "elitist" would be directed in a derogatory way at someone like John Kerry - who seems to be an educated, cultured guy.

But Trump is the true elitist, in a derogatory way - uncultured, unrestrained, ostentatious in the crudest possible way (like all the gilt in his home), uncaring about everyone he tramples on.

By the way, how about treating Trump like Hillary in other ways? For instance, there were about 20 Benghazi hearings? Shall we have 20 hearings on every single dubious action of Trump's?

Old 05-03-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
She is a better human being then you. At most she would call you deplorable, not sub human.

When we start saying nonsense where we dehumanize those we do not like, it brings out the worst and most vile in us.
How do you know that, that is the worst she would say? If she was willing to say that publicly one can only imagine what she says in private or anonymously. Hillary isn't exactly known for a civil tongue when she is even a little annoyed.
I agree with the rest of your post.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I look forward to the days when Trump is gone and his deplorable cult fades back into nothingness. The world will be a better place for it. Anyone who doubts it need only read the post you are responding to.
Many said the same about the Obama cult. No matter how big the lie, the mistake, the blatant arrogance, his groupies made excuses.

That said I also look forward to when Trump is out of office. With the possible exception of Hillary or Maxine Waters, Trump is the most annoying human alive.
He is also about the only one I know that can give Sheila Jackson Lee a run for her money when it comes to spewing stupidity.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:14 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Well, Yeah.

But I thought that was the appeal of Trump, he was somehow NOT an elitist. It that why he is championed for? He's not a politician? He's an everyman? He understands the forgotten man? Yet he lives in a tower under his onlwn name, is a TV celebrity, poops in a golden toilet and was born with a silver spoon.

He certainly IS an eletist. He can lie and swindle with the best of them, he proves that more and more every day.
That may all be true, but there is only one guy that advocates on behalf of working Americans and that guy it Trump.

The anti-Trumpers, be they Democrats or Republicans, are corporate whores.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:24 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
That's an interesting point.

The usual term of "elitist" would be directed in a derogatory way at someone like John Kerry - who seems to be an educated, cultured guy.

But Trump is the true elitist, in a derogatory way - uncultured, unrestrained, ostentatious in the crudest possible way (like all the gilt in his home), uncaring about everyone he tramples on.

By the way, how about treating Trump like Hillary in other ways? For instance, there were about 20 Benghazi hearings? Shall we have 20 hearings on every single dubious action of Trump's?

If Trump gets us into a war of choice, topples a stable government in the mid-east, opens the door for extremists, arms those extremists, refuses to provide the security asked for by the ambassador, sends no help when the inevitable attack takes place and organizes a campaign of deception to cover for his gross negligence, then Trump should be subject to Congressional oversight, as Hillary was.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:55 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
OP forgot:

Have Trump staff members sit in on interrogation so they can claim attorney client privilege.

Give all staff immunity.

Allow all evidence, subpoenaed or otherwise, to be destroyed.

I have to thank Hillary, though, because I was just going to throw away my old cell phone but now I know to smash it with a hammer.
Thanks for the correction! i was rushed and had to go to work when I originally posted this thread.

One thing is clear, the President is not subject to a subpoena by Mueller and his merry band of Democrap fanatics attempting to depose the President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies