Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 02:28 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, he’s turned a bunch of grown adults into children. If that’s not a miracle I don’t what is.
Nah, they're just the same gullible, hypocritical Republicans they've always been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 02:29 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Of course Trump's assertion is ridiculous and egotistical, but that is a separate issue from the OP's misleading thread title, which Oldglory succinctly summarizes.

The only issue I have with Oldglory's post is the facepalm.

Why? Because I don't believe for a second that the OP is the least bit dense. I think she realizes full well that the thread title is misleading, and just doesn't care. And I say that as non Trump supporter, who didn't vote for him and isn't a Republican.

Even if his election has in some infinitesimal sense made people feel more comfortable expressing how they feel about such matters, any extent would be neigh-on to impossible to truly, objectively quantify....but that doesn't grant the OP a pass to create a misleading thread title and not be called on the misleading nature of the title.

There was no face palm in my post. It was a smack for the OP spinning the truth.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:30 PM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
He didn’t claim he invented it but that people feel they can say it more now

Like “Merry Christmas “

But nice try to spin it ..

Anyone who believes they needed a NYC con-man to give them permission to say Merry Christmas should probably seek professional help.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,157,306 times
Quote:
Well, he’s turned a bunch of grown adults into children. If that’s not a miracle I don’t what is.
What...?

Old 05-03-2018, 02:32 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,021,234 times
Quote:
I agree. Being frightened to say "Merry Christmas" to someone who celebrates Christmas isn't very mature or frankly, sane.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:34 PM

4,337 posts, read 1,542,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
His grasp on reality grows more tenuous with every day that passes

http://twitter.com/jonathanchait/sta...99996265828354
Actually that is not what he said. He said more people are saying it because of him, but don't worry, we don't expect accuracy or truth from LWSRs

Old 05-03-2018, 02:34 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,005,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Of course Trump's assertion is ridiculous and egotistical, but that is a separate issue from the OP's misleading thread title, which Oldglory succinctly summarizes.

The only issue I have with Oldglory's post is the facepalm.

Why? Because I don't believe for a second that the OP is the least bit dense. I think she realizes full well that the thread title is misleading, and just doesn't care. And I say that as non Trump supporter, who didn't vote for him and isn't a Republican.

Even if his election has in some infinitesimal sense made people feel more comfortable expressing how they feel about such matters, any extent would be neigh-on to impossible to truly, objectively quantify....but that doesn't grant the OP a pass to create a misleading thread title and not be called on the misleading nature of the title.
Sure I'll grant the misleading title, but as a rational human being, I just find it wholly more concerning that a president cannot stop lying about even the smallest of things than some random, unimportant person on the internet doing it. Call me crazy, but you know... priorities.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:35 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Nope, the denseness is all on your side.

Please provide multiple examples of these throngs of people referring to "One Nation Under God" when they aren't reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.

Go ahead, I'll wait......

What are you talking about? The OP said that Trump claimed a certain slogan was made up by himself when Trump never claimed that. He just said that more people are using it these days because of him. They're not afraid of being patriotic and expressing traditional values now.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:35 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,772,782 times

http://twitter.com/jonathanchait/sta...99996265828354[/quote]

Of course they are.....

Old 05-03-2018, 02:36 PM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Actually that is not what he said. He said more people are saying it because of him, but don't worry, we don't expect accuracy or truth from LWSRs

IOW, it's just another thing he's taking credit for with NO such facts in evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies