Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 09:56 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I am amazed that you would consider this any sort of compromise.
Maybe Black Water or the SPLC should control who owns a gun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 10:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It enabled them to shoot each other though
Who has the power to turn it from a free state, into a police state, but elected officials.
Best be fair and just to all, and not be a tyrant.
Blinders make, "to maintain the free state" disappear.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:04 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Jayy View Post
Why not restrict gun ownership to companies and authorized organizations that are licensed to operate, maintain, and provide firearms? People who want to hunt could get a gun from one of these companies, go hunting, and then return the gun when done. Also, if you enjoy firing a gun, you can go to the local shooting range, and go shooting with the guns that are provided by the shooting range. If you like shooting pistols, or automatic weapons, just go to the shooting range that has them. If you need a gun for protection during a backpacking trip in a dangerous place with wild animals, you can borrow the gun and then when you are done with the trip, you simply return the gun to the park ranger.

Why not make guns something you use for a specific purpose, and then return when you are done? Why is necessary for individuals to actually own the gun to make use of it?
ADMINISTRATORS please note the OP has NOT come back and responded even 1 time.

Isn't this a TROLL post?.

There should be some rule about about posting and running.

If you do NOT want to discuss what you post DON'T POST!

This IS a DISCUSSION forum

Old 05-05-2018, 06:21 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Jayy View Post
Why not restrict gun ownership to companies and authorized organizations that are licensed to operate, maintain, and provide firearms? People who want to hunt could get a gun from one of these companies, go hunting, and then return the gun when done. Also, if you enjoy firing a gun, you can go to the local shooting range, and go shooting with the guns that are provided by the shooting range. If you like shooting pistols, or automatic weapons, just go to the shooting range that has them. If you need a gun for protection during a backpacking trip in a dangerous place with wild animals, you can borrow the gun and then when you are done with the trip, you simply return the gun to the park ranger.

Why not make guns something you use for a specific purpose, and then return when you are done? Why is necessary for individuals to actually own the gun to make use of it?
No. Just no.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:20 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
And where do you fall on hydrogen bombs? If you can afford them, should you be permitted to purchase and own them?
Leave it to Liberals to argue from the absurd: reductio ad absurdum.

It clearly states "to bear arms". It doesn't say "fly in arms," or "ride in arms" or "drag arms along."

In the first place, nuclear weapons research, design and fabrication is conducted by government facilities, not private enterprises or universities.

Secondly, the materials, equipment and electronics required are strictly controlled by various State and International Laws. A private company might be able to acquire some of the necessary items, and maybe even manufacture some items, but in short, there's simply no way a private company could produce nuclear weapons.

Third, you obviously are oblivious to the fact that nuclear warheads are extremely fragile. I had to retrieve a warhead for a Pershing II, because the electronic components got fried by a lightning strike 400 meters away, even though it was sitting in an atomic blast-resistant earth-covered structure with constant air pressure, temperature and humidity. That's a box made of 3 feet of reinforced concrete covered with 10 to 12 feet of earth and two 6 ton steel doors for access.

Fourth, you'd have to hire a trained private security force to protect it 24/7, lest someone attempt to steal it from you, and not only would that cost a lot of money, it would require a lot of space, and your local zoning laws probably aren't going to allow you to keep it anywhere near you. If you can't get to it, or get killed trying to get to it, the warhead is not going to be of much value.

Finally, the maintenance cycles vary from 12 to 18 months, depending on the exact type of weapon. Maintenance is not free, and cannot be performed on-site, so you'd have to transport it to a facility to have it maintained. There are State and federal laws governing the transport of hazardous materials and specifically governing the transport of radioactive materials, so good luck with that.

Next time you post, try to engage in reasonable discussion.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:27 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Oh, heck no. If I feel the need to protect myself from “the man”, I’m surely not going to get my gun from them. What an absurd idea.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:59 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
"Excuse me, Mr. rapist, please allow me to visit my authorized organization that is licensed to operate, maintain, and provide firearms, so that I may obtain a weapon to defend myself. I appreciate your patience and cooperation."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies