Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 07:44 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Kind of .. because people on a keyboard and people that are looking out their front window will have two complete understandings of the situation that occurred.
Indeed. Maybe this is a situation like in Baltimore and Chicago where we have learned that the police are as corrupt as those they arrest.

Maybe they have seen friends and family needlessly beaten and killed and consider this a bit of a pay back.

I dunno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 07:50 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Indeed. Maybe this is a situation like in Baltimore and Chicago where we have learned that the police are as corrupt as those they arrest.

Maybe they have seen friends and family needlessly beaten and killed and consider this a bit of a pay back.

I dunno.
Your generalization of the police is so one dimensional though. Every situation is totally different with encounters of police . Are there bad police? Yes, of course. A handful of bad apples shouldn't make the rest look bad. Thats why the police have body cameras now . I have 3 family members on chicago PD and they stand behind their badge to uphold the law as they swore to do. Ever take a walk down Chicago's south side? Ive lived there for over 25 years... you wouldn't make it down the block.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:57 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Your generalization of the police is so one dimensional though.
No, I was specific. I did NOT blame all police forces and I simply pondered a possibility.

Quote:
Every situation is totally different with encounters of police . Are there bad police? Yes, of course. A handful of bad apples shouldn't make the rest look bad. Thats why the police have body cameras now . I have 3 family members on chicago PD and they stand behind their badge to uphold the law as they swore to do. Ever take a walk down Chicago's south side? Ive lived there for over 25 years... you wouldn't make it down the block.
In Baltimore it's pretty much the entire force. They killed one of their own to keep him from testifying and not a one has been charged with it. It takes protection from the top down for that to happen.

Would you understand if one of these officers got their asses kicked?

Old 05-04-2018, 08:02 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
That was crazy. I'm not sure if anyone knows anything about Emotionally Distrubed Persons, or EDP. EDP has the strength of 5 men, or 10 orangutans. These men are very strong. It takes multiple police officers to bring down and EDP. I commend the officers for their bravery to subdue the individual. If this scenario went the other way. Black Lives Matter, Tariq Nasheed, and Al Sharpton would have magically shown up. Also those black folks should have not been acting out. What if that EDP harmed additional folks in the community, those blacks would have took killed the EDP themselves and would have been in more additional trouble.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:05 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Where is the police dog when you need it.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:13 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Your generalization of the police is so one dimensional though. Every situation is totally different with encounters of police . Are there bad police? Yes, of course. A handful of bad apples shouldn't make the rest look bad. Thats why the police have body cameras now . I have 3 family members on chicago PD and they stand behind their badge to uphold the law as they swore to do. Ever take a walk down Chicago's south side? Ive lived there for over 25 years... you wouldn't make it down the block.
Right, but your relatives are part of the CPD which has a long-standing history of political protection and cover-ups including the recent Laquan McDonald case.

There is an inherent expectation that your relatives if they were to see something like that would say only things supporting the officer that did something bad and that they would be punished otherwise.

If you're part of a larger organization where some do something bad, then that doesn't automatically reflect upon you.
However, if the entire organization covers for one another then yeah, it does start to reflect on you.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
If you go to the end. People that were not there from the beginning start showing up and cheering that the police were injured. I just dont get it...

The article claims this guy was mentally ill but nobody can take blows from batons like this suspect did... unless they were on drugs...

Plus the family called the police on him. Its not like they just decided to arrest him for no reason.
The public often form opinions based on emotions and egos.

People tend to believe anything that seems to validate their perceptions.

This certainly is not limited to scenes like this one. Some, like Alex Jones, make a good living off of delivering information that appeals to his audience’s need to be emotionally validated.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:20 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Wow crazy video. Thats a big boy with some major tard strength. They needed to hog tie him.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:34 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
Wow crazy video. Thats a big boy with some major tard strength. They needed to hog tie him.
Some drugs will do that.

wtf is it with swinging batons and night sticks? Why in the world aren't police trained by someone like Royce Gracie?

Old 05-04-2018, 08:55 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Where is the police dog when you need it.

Or a taser ?

I've mentioned before on here that for about 3 years we had to live on premises at a low income housing facility we managed. It is a real eye opener. There is an entire population in this world who do not think like most of us, and who have a completely different set of values than we do. Things that they consider normal, we would be appalled at.

This video shows that precisely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies