Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump a Jerk? (Personality wise)
No, He seems like a real nice guy 42 45.65%
Yes, what a jerk! 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:30 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,704,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Back View Post
People! You are getting bogged down by his policies and the media. Maybe I need to clarify my question:

From what you have seen in his interactions with people on TV and how he treats his staff, does Donald Trump seem like a nice guy or jerk?
I wouldn't think so but how could I know. Of course if the media reported he's a jerk I wouldn't believe them because for them the fact that he beat Hillary makes him a jerk.

If your fishing for a new angle to attack Trump I doubt it will work because we know the media suffers from TDS and has been so vicious with malicious intent so how can we believe anything they say? Unfortunately this is not good because they could report on something that is truthful but knowing how relentless and vicious the media has been why would anyone believe them. Instead of the media doing it's job they've become political activist and made it this way, the boy that cried wolf comes to mind.

The media's goal ---> Get Trump

Old 05-04-2018, 08:36 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,693,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I'd ask these people if they would trust him around their wives and/or daughters.
As Alabama Republican voters showed... quality in character simply isn't part of the equation that they care about.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:37 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,317,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I appreciate your honestly. I'm being candid. To admit that you voted for a man who is a jerk and a narcissist, that takes guts to say on here.

As far as him being the best thing that happened to America in a very long time, that remains to be seen. We'll have to see what type of legacy Trump leaves behind when he exits the White House, whether that's in a few months or in six years.

So far, 16 months in, Trump's presidency has mostly been a nightmare.
I meant it in a way that him becoming President has exposed a lot about America (good and bad) that we neglected to address in the past.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:38 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,704,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
As Alabama Republican voters showed... quality in character simply isn't part of the equation that they care about.
With a philander like Bill Clinton and a wife that tolerated it do you really think you can claim the moral high ground pfft.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:39 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,446,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How about that, another hate Trump fest. Haters got to hate.
Who cares if he is a jerk. As long as he does his job great. Maybe a jerk is what is needed right now. The left would rather have a incompetent guy who is nice as leader of the free world.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:41 AM

3,837 posts, read 3,061,281 times
Quote:

Yeah, I feel sorry for Trump haters and their pathetic lives.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:46 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,812,135 times
Quote:

No, it is simply another discussion about another aspect of Trump, "Is he a jerk or not". Of course, I am going to vote yes, but I didn't, because this poll was for Trump supporters to vote in. However, I will say that I know a lot of Trumpees KNOW he is a jerk, but that is what they like about him. They hate the establishment and traditional politics, and the more he is a jerk to them, the better they like it.

Trump is their weapon to stick it to the man. They don't care if he is inept or dishonest, they just want him to be a rude idiot, and that he fulfills in spades.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:50 AM

25,833 posts, read 16,499,625 times
Irrelevant question.

3,404 posts, read 3,446,437 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, it is simply another discussion about another aspect of Trump, "Is he a jerk or not". Of course, I am going to vote yes, but I didn't, because this poll was for Trump supporters to vote in. However, I will say that I know a lot of Trumpees KNOW he is a jerk, but that is what they like about him. They hate the establishment and traditional politics, and the more he is a jerk to them, the better they like it.

Trump is their weapon to stick it to the man. They don't care if he is inept or dishonest, they just want him to be a rude idiot, and that he fulfills in spades.
He can be a jerk without being inept. The two dont go hand in hand.

14,361 posts, read 9,778,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Back View Post
I think one of the reasons many people hate Donald Trump so much is he just comes across as the biggest jerk in the world.
Trump is born, raised and is a successful RE developer in NYC. Is there really any need to ask why anyone thinks he is a jerk?

My two cents:

Everyone has different reasons for liking and/or disliking him. I like what he is trying to accomplish, hate that he keeps getting in his own way and giving ammunition to MSM and the tribe.

How I see his detractors:

In the case of the left it's simply that they lost and he clearly won. How could a billionaire reality star beat their Queen? This thread is a glaring example of how they refuse to accept this fact 16 months later and show no sign of stopping, ever.

R Presidents:
Reagan was hated for trickle down, GWB was really hated for starting wars, now Trump is extremely hated for everything, even as he has done some great world changing things. That he would still be hated by the progs even if he solved the Korean problem is beyond me.

There's a pattern with the Marxist left.

They would rather see a Republican fail and will do their best to manufacture such failure than see him and the country succeed.

PS, I don't want a "nice" President. Eight years of "nice" got us nowhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies