Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump a Jerk? (Personality wise)
No, He seems like a real nice guy 42 45.65%
Yes, what a jerk! 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 07:23 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,643,056 times

Advertisements

No. I think some people don't have a sense of humor. I also think a lot of people are hypocrites. And I also believe that too many still do not understand why we voted for him. Threads asking questions like this, or people from the left crying about his "childish tweets", or hanging on to every last word that he says to find some flaw, illustrate that a lot still don't get it.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:36 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,801,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
The US is not Germany. There are checks and balances in place that theoretically (hopefully) prevent someone from becoming Hitler. Also Hitler was evil, possibly insane. Is that different than being a "bad person"? What qualities make a "bad person"?

I don't disagree that optimally a "good person" would be POTUS. However I disagree that a "bad person cannot be a good President." Moral "goodness" and leadership qualities are not correlated.

In any case, "good" and "bad" are vague and relatively meaningless words.

I just said: someone who doesn't care about anyone but themselves. It depends otherwise. The best I can answer is what makes Trump a bad person which many of us have already answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
As long as people think liberals and progressives are Marxists, and a cancer, then the discussion is over. It's all peeing into the wind.
Well I'm a cancer rising but my sun is Aquarius so I agree with you.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:25 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,728,366 times
Trump is ok. Not a bad guy, tough, direct and pretty funny from what I understand.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,235,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post

Yeah the only person in real life who is allowed to be a jerk that I can think of is Simon Cowell.

I actually don't think he is a jerk. I think he is blunt. I'm sure he's said things I don't agree with but overall I do admire him because he actually knows what he's talking about, he's intelligent, can string a sentence together etc. Also, if you actually have talent, he'll work with people to improve themselves.

Actually a good example of a good mentor/leader. Thanks for bringing him up.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:38 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,513,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No. I think some people don't have a sense of humor. I also think a lot of people are hypocrites. And I also believe that too many still do not understand why we voted for him. Threads asking questions like this, or people from the left crying about his "childish tweets", or hanging on to every last word that he says to find some flaw, illustrate that a lot still don't get it.
I will be the first to admit that I don’t think I will ever be able to understand why people voted for him. But then, there is not a single issue trump supports that I support. Not even one. As far as having a sense of humor, I can laugh at his childish narcissistic behavior, his idiotic statements and grandiose view of himself. It’s truly entertaining at times but sadly, he’s a reflection to the rest of the world of our national character. And TRump represents the worst of human character.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:14 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,235,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you deny that hate caused the murders and tortures that occurred in concentration camps. It is hatred that bullies or kills those who believe differently. Indeed, hatred causes blindness. Even after Hitler and the murder of millions you can't see how dangerous blind hate is?
Its fun to assume, come up with your own ideas of what others think and ascribe words to others and then debate those things that you've just made up, isn't it?

Learn how to debate properly.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:33 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,563,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you mean like when democrats in congress spoke with one voice and said "Republicans WANT to kill old people?"

or "Bush Lied People Died" and called him a war criminal?

Like that?

or like when leftists RIOTED and burned city streets?

Or like when leftists riot to make sure conservatives don't get to TALK?

LIKE THAT?

I seriously don't care what you find admirable because I know you find anything that is of the left admirable. that's well find and good. im don't with thick skin. I want reciprocation. I am not sorry if it hurts when you get back what you've been dishing out. period. end of story.
No. You do not "know" that. You are *assuming* that. If you want to know the truth, you might take a look at my posting history, including instances where I have called out other liberals for making wild generalizations about "all" conservatives, or the times I have said I think most of us actually want the same things - peace, prosperity, a better world for the next generation - and that we differ primarily in our views of how that might be accomplished. I doubt you will, because you don't care what I think, but if you ever decide to take a look, you might be surprised. If you can find a place where I ever said I thought rioting (as opposed to peaceful protest) is a good thing, please produce it. If you can find a place where I said conservatives should not be allowed to talk, please produce it. (And I do not mean posts about privately owned Internet sites that are entitled to make their own rules, like this one, for example. I mean on college campuses and similar venues.)

As for hurting me, I'm sure you will be disappointed that nothing Trump has said has hurt me personally. I simply find it disturbing that he is so touchy that he's willing to waste his time on Twitter wars with...well...anyone. It seems reckless (even my very conservative housemate doesn't like it), and I don't think it speaks well of his ability to make decisions without letting his ego get in the way. He's the most powerful man in the world, for good or ill. Why stoop to that kind of behavior, to bickering with celebrities and other private citizens who are in no position to do him any real damage? It's like swatting flies with a sledgehammer, cutting butter with a chainsaw. If you like that, so be it. I find it overkill, and awfully similar to a child's temper tantrum.

The original question was not about policy. It was about personality, or, more precisely, character. I do think Bush made poor decisions regarding war, but then again, I think most of our recent presidents have. I do not think he was a "jerk." It's not a word I apply to many people. But yes, I think that on a personal level, the word describes Trump pretty accurately.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:35 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
He's a politician now-and virtually every politician is an egotistical, narcissistic jerk. Hillary. Sanders. Kasich. McCain. Plastic Cowboy Hat Chick. Obama. All of them. Yet none of them have ever been attacked by the media the way Trump has. I just want someone to take his phone away. In spite of that, I approve of his policies and think we needed someone to take on the establishment of both parties.

One of the few politicians I have liked as a person (not as a politician) was Palin. She is pretty cool, works fishing boats with the family, hunts, fishes, camps, ATVs. All stuff I can relate too.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 05-05-2018 at 10:48 AM..

Old 05-05-2018, 10:41 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No. You do not "know" that. You are *assuming* that. If you want to know the truth, you might take a look at my posting history, including instances where I have called out other liberals for making wild generalizations about "all" conservatives, or the times I have said I think most of us actually want the same things - peace, prosperity, a better world for the next generation - and that we differ primarily in our views of how that might be accomplished. I doubt you will, because you don't care what I think, but if you ever decide to take a look, you might be surprised. If you can find a place where I ever said I thought rioting (as opposed to peaceful protest) is a good thing, please produce it. If you can find a place where I said conservatives should not be allowed to talk, please produce it. (And I do not mean posts about privately owned Internet sites that are entitled to make their own rules, like this one, for example. I mean on college campuses and similar venues.)

As for hurting me, I'm sure you will be disappointed that nothing Trump has said has hurt me personally. I simply find it disturbing that he is so touchy that he's willing to waste his time on Twitter wars with...well...anyone. It seems reckless (even my very conservative housemate doesn't like it), and I don't think it speaks well of his ability to make decisions without letting his ego get in the way. He's the most powerful man in the world, for good or ill. Why stoop to that kind of behavior, to bickering with celebrities and other private citizens who are in no position to do him any real damage? It's like swatting flies with a sledgehammer, cutting butter with a chainsaw. If you like that, so be it. I find it overkill, and awfully similar to a child's temper tantrum.

The original question was not about policy. It was about personality, or, more precisely, character. I do think Bush made poor decisions regarding war, but then again, I think most of our recent presidents have. I do not think he was a "jerk." It's not a word I apply to many people. But yes, I think that on a personal level, the word describes Trump pretty accurately.
Well lets see, the left kissed Obama's ass in their effort to prove they aren't racist. Rarely did they ever say anything bad about him. But they fire at Trump with both barrels. So do you suppose he's supposed to act like a wimp so the world can see. Obviously you prefer a weak president for the world to see and that didn't get us anywhere. Your being played as a fool.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:48 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,316,143 times
I am NOT a Trump supporter -- let me be perfectly clear about that -- but I just watched the footage of Trump's speech to the NRA, and I actually thought parts of it were pretty funny. He has decent comedic timing. Unfortunately, he lacks a good sense of the boundary between pointed and cruel, which ultimately makes him come off as a jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.