Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 05:33 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,343,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
President Trump gave his speech at the NRA Convention. Guns were allowed to be carried during the convention except when the Secret Service would not allow any guns whatsoever at the venue when Trump and Pence were speaking. So I guess the Right to Bear Arms can be infringed after all. If the President deserves protection, so don't I and my family.
When you think you get your rights from a piece of paper don't be surprised when someone changes the rules on you.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:37 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,245 times
The NRA wants guns in:
- Schools
- Churches
- Hospitals
- Bars

The NRA does not want guns in:
- Republican congressional offices
- RNC offices
- Republican National Convention
- NRA offices
- NRA conventions

If the NRA members are all the good guys with guns, why would they be so afraid as to not allow them into their offices and conventions?

Old 05-04-2018, 05:39 PM

37,149 posts, read 19,160,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The NRA wants guns in:
- Schools
- Churches
- Hospitals
- Bars

- RNC offices
- NRA offices
- NRA conventions

If the NRA members are all the good guys with guns, why would they be so afraid as to not allow them into their offices and conventions?
They obviously know their membership well.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:43 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,395,332 times
If the theory of gun advocates is that the more guns there are the safer you will be, then the point of the OP is well taken.

It is hypocritical to ban arms around the President because it undercuts the argument that guns do make us safer. Wouldn't the president be safer surrounded by well armed good guys? Why does this argument fly for school children but not for Trump?

If the second amendment is supreme, then why should Trump be above the law? Why should people have to voluntarily disarm?

It is hypocritical. Gun rights people do not want to acknowledge their own rational falls apart here.

The truth is, as everyone knows, the more guns the more likely someone will get shot.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:49 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,280,797 times
Quote:
The NRA wants guns in:
- Schools
- Churches
- Hospitals
- Bars

- RNC offices
- NRA offices
- NRA conventions

The NRA allows guns in their offices. Who told you differently? The NRA has no control over guns in government offices or places where the Secret Service bans them for the protection of government figures. Who told you the NRA had control over Secret Service policy?

Old 05-04-2018, 06:10 PM

57,195 posts, read 26,154,591 times
Quote:
The NRA wants guns in:
- Schools
- Churches
- Hospitals
- Bars

- RNC offices
- NRA offices
- NRA conventions

Guns are allowed everywhere but in legislative and NRA offices, you can bring a gun to a playground in FL but not a government office, does this make any sense.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:22 PM

1,991 posts, read 898,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
good lord, more ignorance here. once more time, the secret service says no guns around the president, and since they are tasked with protecting the president, they set the rules. it is not an infringement on ones right to keep and bear arms, since they are not taking away your guns, Except, if you showed up carrying at the convention hall when the President was speaking, they damn sure would take away your guns and they are not preventing you from buying guns. they are only stopping you from carrying a gun around the president.

please stop the crap like this.
Don't be obtuse. You gun nuts consider the 2nd Amendment as delivered from God. It's absolute. Yet in reality, it's not. So if exceptions can be made for the President, then the 2nd Amendment is not absolute and can be modified to fit the the times we are living in.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:36 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,745,290 times
Can I have guns around the president if I'm with my militia?

Old 05-04-2018, 06:47 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,324,104 times
So dumb, Lol. Its like complaining that law abiding citizens aren't allowed to carry guns in airports/airplanes and b**ch that their 2A rights is being infringed.

It seems, people really lost their common sense these days, if they had any to begin with.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:56 PM

30,239 posts, read 23,709,577 times
This is such stupid thread. They said no guns at the event, yet here I am, still with my 2nd Amendment right. No one has come by to tell me I can't have my gun anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.