Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 09:55 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It is painfully obvious that the only reason people (Trump people) trash talk California is because your State is big enough to stand up to Trump and his lies. He huffs and puffs, and California sues him right back.
Funny how most of the people defending Caifornia don't live here and have probably never even visited.

California is rebelling. More and more cities are opting out of the sanctuary state status. The repeal of the gas and car tax is a populist, grass roots movement. Citizens are protesting the rise of crime by illegals and vagrants. A woman from a wealthy coastal town was recently murdered by a crazy bum while she was sitting in her car. People are afraid to go to the beach because of all the bums. The ones who don't live in tents on the sidewalk live in dilapidated RVs and open their sewage valves on the street. They park in front of nice houses in residential areas and live. One little girl told her father that a man shined a flashlight into her bedroom at night. Worst public schools in the nation.

Republican John Cox is a candidate for governor second only to former SF mayor Gavin Newsom who has a lot of baggage. Cox has never run for office, is a successful businessman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 10:03 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
LA and the Bay Area have tons of truck driving jobs available, and with pay starting at $21/hr in LA and $25/hr in the Bay Area (and that's with average 60 hour work weeks, so with time and a half, that's good money)
Why would someone with little to no education get that kind of money? We could get Illegals to do it for 1/2 that.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:29 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
I’m one of those who’ve been priced out of California, but I’m not salty. It’s an amazing state and I’m glad it’s continuing to do well.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:30 PM

30,351 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
LOL. This juggernaut got rolling long before Trump came on the scene...
True, started when we elected a Republican Congress to fix the Harry & Nancy debacle.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:34 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

Guess which state has the highest poverty rate in the country? Not Mississippi, New Mexico, or West Virginia, but California, where nearly one out of five residents is poor. That's according to the Census Bureau's Supplemental Poverty Measure, which factors in the cost of housing, food, utilities and clothing, and which includes noncash government assistance as a form of income.

Who cares how your elite are doing, your poor are massive, hungry and growing. California is the size of a country, it would be hard to compete with itś mass.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:47 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's like asking where does a Lamborghini rank in terms of gas mileage. You have the right to ask, but it also misses the point.

At any rate, probably very high on the list. Considering that every major economic powers of the world have problems with income equality and affordability.

Yeah, exactly, I don't see Hong Kong or Singapore or Tokyo having $500/month one bedroom apartments right in the heart of town....

Old 05-04-2018, 11:52 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Why would someone with little to no education get that kind of money? We could get Illegals to do it for 1/2 that.
Actually you can't. To get a commercial drivers license, you have to be a US citizen or be naturalized. I had to go back to the DMV a second time when getting my permit, as I hadn't brought my birth certificate the first time. And just because driving a semi-tractor doesn't require a college degree doesn't mean it's unskilled. For every driver out of CDL school who makes it as a career driver, 8 wash out their first year. They either get in an accident, or can't make enough appointments on time, or more importantly, can't handle the life that comes with being an OTR trucker. And here in Phoenix, I earn $18/hr driving a day cab pulling 53 foot trailers locally, average 60 hrs/week. I guess that surprises you too.......

And more importantly, there are a lot of jobs that don't require a college degree that pay middle class wages, like the trades for example (of which I consider truck driving to be one)

Old 05-04-2018, 11:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
If we are # 5 in wealth why are the streets libraries and parks full of beggers

Old 05-04-2018, 11:59 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Funny how most of the people defending Caifornia don't live here and have probably never even visited.

California is rebelling. More and more cities are opting out of the sanctuary state status. The repeal of the gas and car tax is a populist, grass roots movement. Citizens are protesting the rise of crime by illegals and vagrants. A woman from a wealthy coastal town was recently murdered by a crazy bum while she was sitting in her car. People are afraid to go to the beach because of all the bums. The ones who don't live in tents on the sidewalk live in dilapidated RVs and open their sewage valves on the street. They park in front of nice houses in residential areas and live. One little girl told her father that a man shined a flashlight into her bedroom at night. Worst public schools in the nation.

Republican John Cox is a candidate for governor second only to former SF mayor Gavin Newsom who has a lot of baggage. Cox has never run for office, is a successful businessman.
Some California families are rebelling by giving up and moving to places like rural Oklahoma where it's easier to suck wind than suck the living conditions of California. If a home owner, leave California, while the cost of real estate is still outrageously high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WX7Euyvtv8

Old 05-05-2018, 12:21 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/...omy-really-is/

#1: Computers and electronics. Just like I said. If you have a STEM education, you'll be just fine. If you don't, you're screwed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ort/384853002/

Again, who cares! We can claim the 5th biggest economy in the world! Screw all the poor people!

Yes, Hawaii is worse, and we are straight Democrat. Go figure.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies