Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 04:36 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Dear God, do you understand you're the only one saying that?

Your statement is absurd. The discussion is about what causes these kids to do what they do. I just presented a fact. A well known point that educated people who seek the truth fully understand.

Again, one parent. And like my statement said it isn't about one example or you, it's about the facts. Why anyone in their right mind would think 1 parent can raise a child when often enough 2 parents isn't enough, is beyond me. The lack of thought process, the childish emotion, and the inability to seek the truth get in the way for some.
What's absurd is to hold up single parenthood due to deadbeat dads as an explanation for what happened. Cruz's father died unexpectedly when Nikolas was very young. He was not left to fend for himself by a deadbeat dad or a mother who deliberately dove into parenthood planning to do it all on her own. Nikolas was adopted and sadly lost both of his parents way too soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
As someone that was put on psychotropic drugs as a teen, I can attest that they change you permanently.
Eric Harris had briefly taken Luvox at some point in his adolescence but was not taking it at the time of the shooting and appeared to be doing well, although clearly that was not the case. Dylan Klebold had never taken any psych drugs of any kind and the drug screen performed at the time of his autopsy was clean.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
What's absurd is to hold up single parenthood due to deadbeat dads as an explanation for what happened.
What's absurd is your inability to have a thought process and focus on what is important.
Again - The discussion is about what causes these kids to do what they do. Is that too much for you to wrap your head around?

Quote:
Cruz's father died unexpectedly when Nikolas was very young. He was not left to fend for himself by a deadbeat dad or a mother who deliberately dove into parenthood planning to do it all on her own.
No ones saying that but you. That's twice you made something up instead of addressing what I posted. Twice.

Quote:
Nikolas was adopted and sadly lost both of his parents way too soon.
And? So?

Old 05-18-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What's absurd is your inability to have a thought process and focus on what is important.
Again - The discussion is about what causes these kids to do what they do. Is that too much for you to wrap your head around?

No ones saying that but you.

And? So?
Look again. The OP's question was: Nikholas [sic] Cruz: what made him snap? The thread is about Cruz not about "these kids." The OP was very specific in making the thread about Cruz. You've broadened the discussion inappropriately.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Look again. The OP's question was: Nikholas [sic] Cruz: what made him snap? The thread is about Cruz not about "these kids." The OP was very specific in making the thread about Cruz. You've broadened the discussion inappropriately.
The OPs post was broad and he gave examples of what he's seen. He even later posted about mass shooters.
Do you want to chat about 1 single solitary example instead of looking at the reasons why the plethora of shootings and other violence happens from school kids?

All that said, Cruz did not have two parents to raise him. It would have been better if he did. From a young age he had 1 parent. He fits the profile of being raised by 1 parent.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:17 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
He was a problem child since he was about 4 or 5, unknown if he was a problem before then either. No telling what his life was like before he was adopted. Before he'd been adopted, he could have been severely beaten, sexually abused, or a crack baby, for all that anyone on here would know.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:20 PM

482 posts, read 242,304 times
Quote:
Eric Harris had briefly taken Luvox at some point in his adolescence but was not taking it at the time of the shooting and appeared to be doing well, although clearly that was not the case. Dylan Klebold had never taken any psych drugs of any kind and the drug screen performed at the time of his autopsy was clean.
Fist off, Columbine had a different element because there were two shooters. Eric Harris was the mastermind of the entire massacre. Klebold was the follower.

Harris was using a generic version of Luvox at the time of the shooting. There is a report that of a friend of Klebold witnessed him taking both Paxil and Zoloft on different occasions, but Klebold’s medical records remain sealed to this day. Both kids had a history of depression and violent mood swings.

As far as bullying goes, that was not what provoked them to plan the massacre. The shooting was retaliation for being arrested over stealing electronics from a van. It's almost unbelievable when you think about it. These kids were crazy as hell which was bolstered by mind altering drugs.

Do some research on Columbine. After 20 years, the details are vastly different than what we were told by the media originally.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:33 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh please This is not about religion. Why do we need antidepressants, anti anxiety medication among many other medications. Why is the suicide rate so high among teens now. I think it has to do with changes in our environment and changes in the foods we eat.
Your post is spot on. It definitely is the food, and those prescription drugs they put us on do nothing to help the problem, they just make us addicted to other synthetic man-made materials which were never meant to be taken into the human body. It's a vicious cycle. Of course, we all know, there's no money to made with the cure for a disease or disorder. The real money is in long-term treatment of disorders.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Your post is spot on. It definitely is the food, and those prescription drugs they put us on do nothing to help the problem, they just make us addicted to other synthetic man-made materials which were never meant to be taken into the human body. It's a vicious cycle. Of course, we all know, there's no money to made with the cure for a disease or disorder. The real money is in long-term treatment of disorders.
It slowly changes one over time. Quite a few people have said they felt better or became a better person just by changing their diet. Exercise helps of course but their mental demeaner is what changed.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Fist off, Columbine had a different element because there were two shooters. Eric Harris was the mastermind of the entire massacre. Klebold was the follower.

Harris was using a generic version of Luvox at the time of the shooting. There is a report that of a friend of Klebold witnessed him taking both Paxil and Zoloft on different occasions, but Klebold’s medical records remain sealed to this day. Both kids had a history of depression and violent mood swings.

As far as bullying goes, that was not what provoked them to plan the massacre. The shooting was retaliation for being arrested over stealing electronics from a van. It's almost unbelievable when you think about it. These kids were crazy as hell which was bolstered by mind altering drugs.

Do some research on Columbine. After 20 years, the details are vastly different than what we were told by the media originally.

You are correct about Eric. I misstated. His blood screen was positive for Fluvoxamine. Dylan's blood and urine screen were negative.

I live in the south suburbs of Denver. My FIL worked with Eric's father for many years both before and after the massacre, and it would be an understatement to say that the families were never the same. How could they be? They suffered an unfathomable loss compounded by the knowledge that their children were the perpetrators of a horrific act of violence.

My city has been through the wringer with gun violence. As if Columbine were not enough, we also have the Century 16 theater shooting, Bailey High School, and Arapahoe High School. And on top of that, our own family physician was killed just a few streets over in an act of domestic violence involving a neighbor. (He was killed while coming to the aid of his murderer's wife.) It's almost beyond my comprehension.

I wish I understood what brings people to the point of believing that murder is the answer to emotional struggles. It's an act of faith to let any of my children leave my sight, and they're all either grown or nearly grown, so it's not like I can really protect them. The day of the Marjorie-Stoneman shooting, my youngest son thought I had lost my mind when I broke down upon his return from school. I was just so grateful that he was home safe.

There are no words to describe the horror of events like the one today and it's more horrible still to know that it won't be the last time. How I wish this could be the last time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies