Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 12:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And women get all the blame because men are too stupid to control their own sexual behavior, right?

Gotta treat men like children, the conservative way.

Case in point, our current President who gets a pass on his sexual transgressions because, you know, boys just can't help themselves.

Welcome to being a human.
Again, murdering the unborn is a 10th Amendment issue.
There is no authority given to the federal government, to make a determination on it or not.
Just like a state can bring back public hangings, for the death penalty.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:38 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,045,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There are reasons other than someone not using birth control.

Some are raped, some very young have been raped by incest, some fetuses have severe birth defects literally incompatible with any quality of life, sometimes birth control fails, there are others but thanks for playing.
Since you're enjoy "playing". . . read my post again and look up the definition of the word consensual . . . and also read the post I was commenting on before you make comments are are non-related.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:45 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
It takes TWO for conception. Men cannot take measures for birth control?
Let me know when men start lining up for abortions.

Women control BC. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge this is not being honest and is deflecting the responsibility of pregnancy away from women. Because, well, abortion is never a woman's fault.

Any woman can refuse sex with a man who does not wear a condom. So yes, women always control BC.

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have unprotected sex. Apparently it is a very very VERY hard concept to grasp.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There are reasons other than someone not using birth control.

Some are raped, some very young have been raped by incest, some fetuses have severe birth defects literally incompatible with any quality of life, sometimes birth control fails, there are others but thanks for playing.
1.5% of abortions are from rape and incest. Medically needed procedures to save the mothers life have unreliable stats, but I've see as much as 6% of abortions. But hey, feeling generous so I'll round it all up to 10%.

So do you now agree that 90% of abortions are wrong?

Old 05-09-2018, 02:56 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Let me know when men start lining up for abortions.

Women control BC. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge this is not being honest and is deflecting the responsibility of pregnancy away from women. Because, well, abortion is never a woman's fault.

Any woman can refuse sex with a man who does not wear a condom. So yes, women always control BC.

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have unprotected sex. Apparently it is a very very VERY hard concept to grasp.
So, I guess you don't believe that rape ever happens, or that when it does, you pull a Todd Akin? Or that birth control never, ever fails?

You know what I think? I think it would be totally awesome if, in cases of pregnancy as the result of rape, it was the rapist, and not the victim, who got knocked up and had to explain why he thought abortion was a good idea, just this once.

If you are a man worried about unwanted pregnancies, YOU take some of the responsibility, too. Men, too, can refuse to have sex without a condom, you know. If you don't want to worry about it at all, get a damn vasectomy or keep your own freaking legs crossed. When an unwanted pregnancy happens, both partners are equally culpable. That is all.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
So, I guess you don't believe that rape ever happens, or that when it does, you pull a Todd Akin? Or that birth control never, ever fails?

You know what I think? I think it would be totally awesome if, in cases of pregnancy as the result of rape, it was the rapist, and not the victim, who got knocked up and had to explain why he thought abortion was a good idea, just this once.

If you are a man worried about unwanted pregnancies, YOU take some of the responsibility, too. Men, too, can refuse to have sex without a condom, you know. If you don't want to worry about it at all, get a damn vasectomy or keep your own freaking legs crossed. When an unwanted pregnancy happens, both partners are equally culpable. That is all.
Did you see my post where I said about 10% of abortions are from rape, incest and medical issues? Apparently not.

And if I were a man who did not want to get a woman pregnant I'd go get a vasectomy and wear a condom.

Responsibility. It's what adults do.

As a female, i understand how reproduction works and know that I am responsible for my own body. So I take every measure to ensure that I do not get pregnant. My body MY RESPONSIBILITY.

Isn't that what you guys yell all the time? So why do you only want to be responsible AFTER THE FACT? Wouldn't it be easier to just oh, um, not get pregnant????

So if you want 100% responsibility for decision making after you are pregnant, your body your choice ... GUESS WHAT CHICA??

YOU NEED TO BE 100% RESPONSIBLE BEFORE SEX.

Again: Your body YOUR CHOICE.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:20 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
1.5% of abortions are from rape and incest. Medically needed procedures to save the mothers life have unreliable stats, but I've see as much as 6% of abortions. But hey, feeling generous so I'll round it all up to 10%.

So do you now agree that 90% of abortions are wrong?
What percentage of that 90% had financial issues, or would have to quit school, or could lose their job, or had no support, or one of the other many issues that people have to think about while being pregnant?

Who are you to decide for another person if their choice is right or wrong?

Old 05-09-2018, 03:33 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Did you see my post where I said about 10% of abortions are from rape, incest and medical issues? Apparently not.

And if I were a man who did not want to get a woman pregnant I'd go get a vasectomy and wear a condom.

Responsibility. It's what adults do.

As a female, i understand how reproduction works and know that I am responsible for my own body. So I take every measure to ensure that I do not get pregnant. My body MY RESPONSIBILITY.

Isn't that what you guys yell all the time? So why do you only want to be responsible AFTER THE FACT? Wouldn't it be easier to just oh, um, not get pregnant????

So if you want 100% responsibility for decision making after you are pregnant, your body your choice ... GUESS WHAT CHICA??

YOU NEED TO BE 100% RESPONSIBLE BEFORE SEX.

You are making an awful lot of assumptions about how I have dealt with birth control and the possibility of unwanted pregnancy, CHICA.

Last edited by Catgirl64; 05-09-2018 at 03:48 PM..

Old 05-09-2018, 03:59 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
I could not agree more.

MY body, MY choice.

YOU have absolutely nothing to say about it. So butt out and mind YOUR body and every other women will mind THEIRS.

You are the only one here who is attempting to deny women the right of autonomy over their own bodies.

NOT.
YOUR.
BUSINESS.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Passes the logic test --- if you stop a beating heart, you have killed.
Really? So now we also keep brain dead people alive on life support because their heart is beating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.