Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 05:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Buy contraceptives.
And use them.
Problem solved.
Buy from where, Hobby Lobby?

Old 05-09-2018, 06:25 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
1.5% of abortions are from rape and incest. Medically needed procedures to save the mothers life have unreliable stats, but I've see as much as 6% of abortions. But hey, feeling generous so I'll round it all up to 10%.

So do you now agree that 90% of abortions are wrong?
Nope. No abortion is not wrong if the woman has given her full consent and before the gestational age of viability (currently 22 weeks, albeit about 15%). The circumstances leading a woman to an abortion are irrelevant.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Since you're enjoy "playing". . . read my post again and look up the definition of the word consensual . . . and also read the post I was commenting on before you make comments are are non-related.
Is it your opinion that only consensual sex without birth control causes pregnancy?

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But I don't think the majority of women in every state want to give up 100% of their rights to an abortion. This was quite well proven as very true back when the highly Christian Right state of Mississippi through a citizen vote soundly rejected adopting a personhood amendment by 58 to 41%. Passage of it would have essentially banned all abortion.

Even if Roe vs Wade is overturned it means never ending battles in all 50 states to get abortion banned. The majority of women don't want the state to automatically decide for them that they absolutely must give birth to a baby caused by incest or rape.
If they make it about "state's rights" that's fine by me. Let the red states pay for the result in their respective states. Just like Ohio taxpayers are going to have to pay for the health care of all Downs Syndrome babies conceived in Ohio.

1,323 posts, read 588,517 times
So if exceptions are made for cases of rape or incest, why are those fetuses less worthy of life than a drunken hook-up fetus? Just wonder how pro-lifers make that distinction.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
So if exceptions are made for cases of rape or incest, why are those fetuses less worthy of life than a drunken hook-up fetus? Just wonder how pro-lifers make that distinction.
They aren't but you will never get a ban (We are never going to get a complete ban anyway) so why hold out for something that isn't going to happen?

Old 05-09-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Let me know when men start lining up for abortions.

Women control BC. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge this is not being honest and is deflecting the responsibility of pregnancy away from women. Because, well, abortion is never a woman's fault.

Any woman can refuse sex with a man who does not wear a condom. So yes, women always control BC.

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have unprotected sex. Apparently it is a very very VERY hard concept to grasp.

Perhaps it is time to do genetic paternal testing on any baby born of a single mother and making that father fully support the child financially until that child is 18. Agreed?

Old 05-09-2018, 06:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Perhaps it is time to do genetic paternal testing on any baby born of a single mother and making that father fully support the child financially until that child is 18. Agreed?
Absolutely.........where the father disputes paternity.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:40 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You presume all abortions are performed due to severely health-compromised fetuses. What's the actual percentage of severely ill fetuses out of all abortions performed? What percentage of abortions are merely just for the sake of the woman's convenience compared to the abortion of severely ill fetuses?
"why" a woman has an abortion is none of your business.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:41 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Did you see my post where I said about 10% of abortions are from rape, incest and medical issues? Apparently not.
And if I were a man who did not want to get a woman pregnant I'd go get a vasectomy and wear a condom.
Responsibility. It's what adults do.
As a female, i understand how reproduction works and know that I am responsible for my own body. So I take every measure to ensure that I do not get pregnant. My body MY RESPONSIBILITY.
Isn't that what you guys yell all the time? So why do you only want to be responsible AFTER THE FACT? Wouldn't it be easier to just oh, um, not get pregnant????
So if you want 100% responsibility for decision making after you are pregnant, your body your choice ... GUESS WHAT CHICA??
YOU NEED TO BE 100% RESPONSIBLE BEFORE SEX.
Again: Your body YOUR CHOICE.
Guess what chica, it's none of your business what other women do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies