Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 02:27 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
"It's hard to look at the images, hear the stories, to listen to the mothers' stories of their children being taken away and just being told, 'We're taking them to give them a bath,' and then never seeing them again," Eller said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...ursday-n883171

Quote:
which seeks to prosecute people who cross the border illegally, a misdemeanor for the first offense. When parents are charged, they end up in federal custody, and their children are separated from them and rendered unaccompanied.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:28 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post

Excellent!

Good on these protestors for using their First Amendment rights to stand up to this un-American government tyranny. This is the real spirit of America.
Don’t enter illegally, you won’t be separated. It’s the illegals actions that precipitate these actions. But far be it from me to blame the “honest” illegal alien.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:30 PM

31,022 posts, read 22,059,932 times
It's not hard to figure it out, the more you give Illegals forgiveness for their actions, the more people will come here illegally from all over the world.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:32 PM

23,541 posts, read 17,216,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Even if you believe crossing the border makes one a crimnal, how does kidnapping their children fit in with that?

We are seeing how the Nazis operated in real time. A little demagoguery here, a spalsh of propaganda there...easy peasy!
People weren't trying to break into Nazi held territory. they were trying to leave when they were separated form their children.

Uncontrolled migration is the most irresponsible thing a country can do!

Arrest the parents just on the principle of placing their children in danger!

As outrageous as someone ignoring all the warnings on a ciggy package, getting a smoking related disease and suing the ciggy company.....despite decades of anti smoking programs, commercials and classes.

the bait Obama set out to attract illegal entry is still viable.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:35 PM

45,218 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
From what I've been reading, the law says they are a criminal. Here in the US if a legal citizen is a criminal and is put behind bars, they don't put their kid(s) there with them. They get put in a foster home, group home or with family.
This is part of what is making me so torn on this. Honestly, I would rather them deport them all.
Yeah I get that and sending them home is the best if we are going arrest folks for crossing.
Oddly the ill conceived laws and programs of the us fedguv are what lure some some here in the first place. There are welfare schemes to game, a drug war to profit from, education for their children, healthcare in the ER's. Its as if america is rolled over brinks truck and it is daring/tempting people to come grab some, all the while trying to keep them out.
I wonder what the tab will be for all this detention, foster care, jailing, etc? The guv dont mind, it will just print more or just start hollering about border security while the zombies have their wallets drained some more.
And for the ones who come here to work, I have no problem with, just no tax bennies for you!

Old 06-15-2018, 02:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
People weren't trying to break into Nazi held territory. they were trying to leave when they were separated form their children.

Uncontrolled migration is the most irresponsible thing a country can do!

Arrest the parents just on the principle of placing their children in danger!

As outrageous as someone ignoring all the warnings on a ciggy package, getting a smoking related disease and suing the ciggy company.....despite decades of anti smoking programs, commercials and classes.

the bait Obama set out to attract illegal entry is still viable.
oh I stand corrected, carry on with your kidnapping then
A welfare state with open borders is a recipe for disaster. Lets end the welfare state, win/win for tax victims...er uh payers.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:43 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
I bet China would separate me from my kids if I walked into their country undocumented.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:04 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,047,339 times
The statements of most of the people here make me sick. And I imagine many, if not most, of you consider yourselves "good Christians".

"Deplorable" is too mild a description.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:13 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post

Excellent!

Good on these protestors for using their First Amendment rights to stand up to this un-American government tyranny. This is the real spirit of America.
I never realized that when a criminal is caught while holding a child, the child must go to jail as well.
Seems dangerous having children in general lockup.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:15 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
The statements of most of the people here make me sick. And I imagine many, if not most, of you consider yourselves "good Christians".

"Deplorable" is too mild a description.
Dude, this is nothing. Wait 'till things escalate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies