Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 12:14 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Any idea what the full impact of the Flores Agreement says?

Didn't think so.

Because what the court ruled emphasized on the necessity of keeping families together. Now, but a good boy and tell us what that exactly means. Because right now, your flippant answer is being extremely economical with reality.

It means "let the families go free" because they ruled that family centers must be licensed then they ruled to block licensing of family centers. You can obfuscate all you want, doesn't change the fact that liberals fought to close family detention centers not open more, which makes their calls now to keep families together nothing more than a veiled call to restore catch-and-release and not detail families at all.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:17 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You posted your "opinion." Not what actually happens:
What happens when parents are arrested, anywhere from surprise raids at family homes to roadside traffic stops
Yeah. Something as banal as a roadside traffic stop.
Separated. Kids placed with family if there is proof of such and they consent. Otherwise... Child Welfare/CPS.
Stop making absurd assertions that have NO basis in reality.
Your link did nothing to refute what I said. You.are.100%.wrong

Old 06-18-2018, 12:19 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Thank God somebody is trying to do something about this vile situation.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...08400866156546

Where was he when Obama was doing the same thing? Oh that's right, you did not care back then....

Old 06-18-2018, 12:20 PM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Looks like you posted an incomplete piece of work. Fixed it for ya!
Illegal aliens can't vote. It's a felony.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:24 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Well, there seems to be two ways to fix this. 1. We ignore the law, stop prosecuting and release them into our country. Hopefully they show back up for their hearings. (side note: a court official on the radio said the faster way to get processed is to just remain detained, so there's that). 2. Congress passes legislation to fix the problem, I believe two bills are ready to go. I've heard one was fairly decent until the lobbyists got ahold of it.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:25 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
You know what the worst part of this is?

It moves someone like me, who by nature tends to be conservative, towards the left. I know, the alt-right GOP members have a name for that, RINO. But the reality is, there are many, many conservative leaning people and independants, who are disgusted with the policies, the justification of those policies and the diatribes of those that support those policies.

Being a humanitarian, and having humanitarian values is not a conservative or liberal issue, although it sure is starting to look that way when one reads some of the vitriol one sees on here.
Your heart can bleed until you need a transfusion, but we are not going to allow gaming and hacking of our immigration laws such that masses of invaders get to walk into our country and steal tax dollars directly, and more importantly, vote in our elections with the mentality from their former collectivist countries, and basically and cancerously destroy our country from within. You can feel and feel and feel, but we're just simply not going to allow that to happen.

Immigration must take place legally and through petition and paperwork and procedure. If you just walk in, you get nothing except a return trip. No due process for invaders. And we should be charging Mexico a fee to pay for the bounce back and drop off costs.

Let compassionate and collectivist and warm-hearted Mexico handle it, since they assisted and allowed in the invasion by failing to protect their own borders. On purpose.

This is all a hustle. And some of us know it and are going to stop it. But you can feel bad and pine for the fjords. Just stay out of the way.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
That is not what the law or treaties say.
There is no law or treaty that prohibits deporting illegal aliens. If they cross the border illegally, they're illegal aliens. If they cross at a port of entry, their application for asylum is considered and they are NOT classified as illegal aliens. They can also apply for asylum from their home country or Mexico.

Remember, all the laws and treaties you've been citing say that anyone can APPLY for asylum regardless of immigration status, but there is nothing that prohibits deporting illegal aliens before an asylum decision is rendered.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:26 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
The headline sounds horrible, but when you get down to the truth, it's reasonable.

The adults are put into a cell with other adults. Do we really want children going into a cell with adults?

Old 06-18-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
You know what the worst part of this is?

It moves someone like me, who by nature tends to be conservative, towards the left.
So you're another one who prioritizes illegal aliens over US citizens. Disgusting, but at least you admitted it.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Your link did nothing to refute what I said.
It absolutely discussed Child Welfare Services. A child does NOT go to jail with their parent when the parent is arrested for violating the law. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies