Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 12:31 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,734,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How did they stop human trafficking? Or did they just let it happen, no questions asked?
Neither Bush nor Obama separated children. I said nothing about human trafficking.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:37 PM

39,028 posts, read 27,438,416 times
When it comes to illegal immigrants, we should have "operation lights out"

Meaning, all illegals, young and old, should be sent back or deported, no exception.

This will eliminate a lot of problems.

Now we have this "parents, children entering US illegally will be seperated" deal. What is the point of this?

Old 06-18-2018, 12:41 PM

88,729 posts, read 44,535,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Neither Bush nor Obama separated children. I said nothing about human trafficking.
So, by not actually verifying a parent/child relationship, they aided and abetted human trafficking in at least some cases. That's pretty evil.

17,717 posts, read 13,470,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Their parents are arrested and charged with smuggling a child across the border. You want the children of illegal aliens detained for prosecution held with their parents.

So where should the adults who were charged with a crime awaiting a hearing and their children be held?

I think perhaps the majority of republican conservatives running for or holding political office claim to be religious, not the majority of conservatives. Still not sure what that has to do with anything.
We’ve seen more then enough Conservatives here on the forum who claim to be Christian and in the same breath vote for someone as vile as Trump is.

It’s my understanding that the children are not reunited with thier parents at any given point in time, I could be wrong about that.

3,061 posts, read 1,522,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
When it comes to illegal immigrants, we should have "operation lights out"

Meaning, all illegals, young and old, should be sent back or deported, no exception.

This will eliminate a lot of problems.

Now we have this "parents, children entering US illegally will be seperated" deal. What is the point of this?
I agree with you about this. Why not turn them around and push them back the way they came?

Old 06-18-2018, 12:42 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,908,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Where was he when Obama was doing the same thing? Oh that's right, you did not care back then....
Apparently that isn't completely accurate.

And as has been pointed out, even if it was -- it is still wrong and Trump should fix this...but you see --- the truth has been skewed a little. While this may have happened with Obama (I don't know) this most definitely was a clear and calculated tactic of this administration - -using these children as tools in his immigration plicy. He wants that wall at all costs. It is disgusting.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-...-1256997955776

Old 06-18-2018, 12:44 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,734,233 times
Quote:
Yes it was. But not to this extent. People detained for illegal entry we cut loose until their hearing date which could be a year or more away. In the meantime they skipped, began living and working illegally in the US and never showed for their deportation hearing. It got out of hand. Something has to be done.
And it is not Trump causing great anguish its their parents who take them over the border illegally.
They wouldn't have been working in the US unless someone hired them and again you are confusing illegal immigration with those seeking amnesty. If one is seeking asylum and has there child taken from them it is cruel. It causes irreversible harm and damage to innocent kids. Is this what we have become?
Trump and company DO own this atrocity.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:48 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,826,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You know what the worst part of this is?

It moves someone like me, who by nature tends to be conservative, towards the left. I know, the alt-right GOP members have a name for that, RINO. But the reality is, there are many, many conservative leaning people and independants, who are disgusted with the policies, the justification of those policies and the diatribes of those that support those policies.

Being a humanitarian, and having humanitarian values is not a conservative or liberal issue, although it sure is starting to look that way when one reads some of the vitriol one sees on here.
What don't you get about the fact that the illegals coming over the borders dragging the kids across are not always the parents???? THe liberal politicians are willing to see, and more than likely aid and abet, these illegals attempt to cross just to attempt to create a narrative that the bad old conservatives don't care about the little children. The thing is that the liberal politicians don't care if these kids lives are in danger en route. It's all about trying to destroy President Trump's chance of re-election.

There was just recently a gang member stopped thinking he could scoot across because he has a kid with him. Where the do you think he got THAT idea?
The MSM is lying. If you fall for their lies you will believe anything.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:50 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,164,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
What don't you get about the fact that the illegals coming over the borders dragging the kids across are always the parents???? THe liberal politicians are willing to see, and more than likely aid and abet, these illegals attempt to cross just to attempt to create a narrative that the bad old conservatives don't care about the little children. The thing is that the liberal politicians don't care if these kids lives are in danger en route. It's all about trying to destroy President Trump's chance of re-election.

There was just recently a gang member stopped thinking he could scoot across because he has a kid with him. Where the do you think he got THAT idea?
The MSM is lying. If you fall for their lies you will believe anything.
many years ago, the politicans from both sides stood at the border, handing out flyers to them, saying, "remember, vote for me". All they want are votes, they don't give a darn about this....and Trump is finally trying to do something about this...

Old 06-18-2018, 12:50 PM

88,729 posts, read 44,535,751 times
Quote:
Yes it was. But not to this extent. People detained for illegal entry we cut loose until their hearing date which could be a year or more away. In the meantime they skipped, began living and working illegally in the US and never showed for their deportation hearing. It got out of hand. Something has to be done.
And it is not Trump causing great anguish its their parents who take them over the border illegally.
Correct. Why isn't fault placed where it actually is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies