Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 08:58 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I was listening to someone today who is a policy expert and a liberal and they said that separating the kids from the parents will greatly discourage future people from wanting to cross over illegally. Mission accomplished.

I am sympathetic to these people wanting a better life. However, why is Mexico not helping them? All they are helping them to do is cross into America. And if you are intentionally breaking the law there are ramifications for that.

If an American citizen breaks the law they go to jail. And if they have children they are seperated from them. What is different here? Are these people suppose to have special rights that an American in jail does not have?
By your logic all crime will be reduced by separating the criminal from their children. When do we start this when white people commit crime?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:59 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
God will judge those who claim to do right in his name.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:59 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I was listening to someone today who is a policy expert and a liberal and they said that separating the kids from the parents will greatly discourage future people from wanting to cross over illegally. Mission accomplished.

I am sympathetic to these people wanting a better life. However, why is Mexico not helping them? All they are helping them to do is cross into America. And if you are intentionally breaking the law there are ramifications for that.

If an American citizen breaks the law they go to jail. And if they have children they are seperated from them. What is different here? Are these people suppose to have special rights that an American in jail does not have?
Exactly. The US sends aid to Mexico then they turn their criminals loose and send them here along with those who would come here for a better life. Those criminals/gang members kill their own people before they arrive at the border. The liberals don't care though because it's all about politics and using races of people for their own gain. President Trump says that he will stop aid to those countries who do that.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Exactly. The US sends aid to Mexico then they turn their criminals loose and send them here along with those who would come here for a better life. Those criminals/gang members kill their own people before they arrive at the border. The liberals don't care though because it's all about politics and using races of people for their own gain.
What about our own criminals? If this is the answer we should be doing this to American criminals as well.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:02 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
By your logic all crime will be reduced by separating the criminal from their children. When do we start this when white people commit crime?
Excuse me? Are you kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
God will judge those who claim to do right in his name.
God will judge those who kill their unborn babies because they claim to have better things to do than to raise them.

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Ted Cruz has staged a dramatic about-face on the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" immigration policies, laying bare how politically damaging the issue of separating children from parents accused of crossing the border illegally is becoming for Republicans facing voters this fall.
"Accused" of crossing the border illegally. Ha ha -- that is the funniest thing I have read in at least a week.

And my focus group says this propaganda offensive is not affecting the vote of those who don't like what they're seeing on TV. It's not a big deal even if they don't like it.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 06-19-2018 at 09:48 PM..

Old 06-19-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
What about our own criminals? If this is the answer we should be doing this to American criminals as well.
You missed this part that I edited in.

Quote:
President Trump says that he will stop aid to those countries who do that.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:

What are you talking about?

Old 06-19-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Excuse me? Are you kidding?
No I am not. What is good for the brown criminal is good for the white or black criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies