Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 01:03 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,503,780 times

Advertisements

The Evangelical wing of the Republican Party are a bunch of phony Christians. It's all about who they hate.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:06 AM

14,649 posts, read 14,566,494 times
They're not all border-crossers, they are also those who come to the border checkpoints to legally apply for amnesty.

BTW, there are already multiple threads on this subject already; no need to grandstand with a new one.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:07 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,503,780 times
[quote=Roboteer;52249935]The usual hysterical ranting from a liberal presented with facts he can't refute or even answer, but hates anyway. All he can do is try to change the subject and pretend I said something I didn't.

Back to the subject:
Why has the media, which purports to be concerned over the "heart-rending, inhuman atrocity" of separating children from parents who have broken the law, not reviewed the far-greater acts of the Obama administration doing the same thing? It seems the story is ready-made for liberal sob stories... yet for some reason the media is steadfastly refusing to bring it up now.

Could it be that the media and the Democrats don't actually care about separating children from their parents? But merely want to use only the parts done by Republicans, to bash President Trump while keeping quiet about a Democrat president who did it even more?[/QUOTE

Keep drinking the right-wing media cool aid, buddy. Pack of liars---all of them.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:09 AM

18,660 posts, read 7,534,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The mother shouldn't be crossing the border and not caring if she is separated from her daughter.

This women is a horrible person for trying to cross illegal and steal programs for disabled American citizens.
No, she's a horrible person for dragging her daughter across the border and putting the girl in a position to be taken from her parents. Mom knew the law going in... and she did it anyway.

What exactly were Mom's plans for her daughter, if/when Mom got busted for breaking the law?

Did someone mention people who are "cruel and cold"?

Old 06-20-2018, 01:12 AM

18,660 posts, read 7,534,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
Keep drinking the right-wing media cool aid, buddy. Pack of liars---all of them.
TRANSLATION: I can't defend or dispute the points of the OP, but I hate them anyway. So I'll simply shout "DRINK THE COOL-AID!!!", call the Republican's the usual names and smears, and hope somebody believes me anyway.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:14 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,003,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I don’t know what to say here anymore other than that babies are being taken away from their parents, and it’s not right! It doesn’t matter if they’re here illegally, you can’t do that to any human being!
If “parents”, and I use the term loosely, don’t want to be separated from their children, I have a modest proposal: Don’t drag them illegally across the border of a foreign country. Being in possession of their children is entirely within their control. Don’t invade a foreign country, and your kids will stay in your possession.

Being separated from your children in this case is a choice. It is the “parents” who are at fault. Don’t invade another country illegally. Make that choice, and you will not be separated from your kids.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:41 AM

38,623 posts, read 26,299,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The leftists are really pulling out all the stops on this one.

Heart-rending recordings of little kids crying and blubbering for their mam or papa... without mentioning that the kids are in those "cages" for only a matter of hours while their lawbreaking parents are prosecuted.

video of outraged (but ill-informed) people whining that it is inhuman to separate those kids from their parents... without mentioning that ANY mother or father who commits a crime and gets arrested or jailed, gets separated from their kids. Including American citizens who rob banks, steal an old lady's purse, break into a house etc. The kids are NEVER put into the same jail. They are either placed with relatives or become wards of the state etc.... in which case they often wind up in facilities far worse than the children of the illegal aliens are getting.

And, inevitable, they leftist fanatics are especially careful not to mention the easiest way foreigners have to stop being separated from their kids: Don't cross the border illegally. You know the penalty laid out by U.S. law, and which has been laid down by previous administrations as well as the present one. And you knew it long before you ever started your trip to the United States.

Is it President Trump's fault when a guy robs a bank and then gets sent to jail, and separated from his children until he does his time? Is it the police's fault? No, it is the guy's fault. He deliberately broke the law, and he got the penalty the law prescribes. It's his fault, because he chose to rob the bank. If he didn't like the idea of being separated from his children, maybe he shouldn't have robbed it. Sound like a plan?

Similarly, if the foreigners didn't like being separated from their children maybe they shouldn't have broken the law by choosing to crash the border, and risked getting the same separation the bank robber did. Is it President Trump's fault? Nope. It's the illegal alien's fault, because he chose to sneak across the border, knowing what the law was.

What did the illegal alien have in mind should happen to his children when he gets busted for entering the country illegally?

BTW, even after he crashes the border, gets caught, and finds himself separated from his children while he is being prosecuted, there is a quick and easy way for him to get his children back immediately. Simply tell the cops that yes, he admits he entered illegally, and plead to be deported right then. He and his children will be put on the first bus back to his country, that same day. Problem solved.

So many solutions available, and all in the hands of the guy who snuck across the border with his family.

But of course, the leftist fanatics in the media miss all of them, in their pathetic eagerness to use the children as a political foil to try to destroy President Trump. A President they were unable to defeat at the ballot box, unable to destroy with hoaxes like "but he's not qualified", RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA, "he's a traitor" and all the rest of their failed agenda.

Obviously the welfare of those children is farthest from the mind(?) of the leftist fanatics. Their attention is focused solely on hating and destroying Donald Trump... and their frustrated rage at failing to do so yet again.

It's no secret that with Russia-gate collapsing, foreign policy on an upswing and the economy in full-boost mode that the public's confidence in this president, and Republicans generally, looks good for 2018.

Meanwhile, Democrats are desperate to find an issue to run on.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:58 AM

22,338 posts, read 11,869,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I don’t know what to say here anymore other than that babies are being taken away from their parents, and it’s not right! It doesn’t matter if they’re here illegally, you can’t do that to any human being!
But yet you have no problem when American citizens go to jail and are separated from their kids. Why should illegal aliens be treated better than American citizens?

Old 06-20-2018, 02:09 AM

22,338 posts, read 11,869,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

sorry to inform you, but you are being led around like a sheeple by the fascist liberal politicians
^^^^ This is so true.

It amazes me at how many people vote straight D like automatons.

There was a time when democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those dems of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either being displaced in the workforce or experiencing depressed wages, all due to illegal immigration. And those dems of yore would have done something about it --- and I don't mean amnesty.

I was once a staunch democrat as I grew up hearing stories from my parents and grandparents about how much dems did to help the poor, working and middle classes. At one time, dems could be counted on to do just that. Somewhere, somehow, dems lost their way and did a complete 180.

Today's dems put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. I'm sure that they are laughing themselves sick when they think about how they've duped so many people into believing that they care about Americans.

Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time I expected much, much more from the dems.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:13 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,109,536 times
Are you saying that Obama was tough on illegals then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies