Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 06:19 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Wow! I’m being attacked by so many here! I just want these kids to be safe, and see their parents soon. Is that so bad?
Of course it isn’t bad.

What we are seeing is the same mindset that continues to defend the confederacy and thinks that Andrew Jackson was a good president.

Maybe a few of them are mad because they were taken in by the ultimate huckster and so now need to take it out on others, but for the most part, this is who these people are.
They are mean and cruel just like their guy in the WH.

Oh sure, some will claim that they care about laws, unless, of course the laws state that discrimination based on color or sexual orientation is wrong and then they’ll throw that out the window.

They’ll profess fealty to Jesus but completely ignore His actual words regarding “the least of these.”

They’ve got all sorts of justifications for their inhumanity, each more self-serving than the last.

There’s no point in engaging them, it just makes them double-down on the crazy.
Just be glad that your heart hasn’t yet turned to stone.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:20 AM

764 posts, read 235,157 times
Actually I believe this will be a win for the people who support curtailing illegal immigration in the long run. The moral outrage will facilitate a legal change in how people are detained, but with a legal change they WILL BE DETAINED without fear of court intervention until their case is adjudicated. They will no longer be released on their own recognizance.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:23 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
War is Hell, Frank, there are always casualties . That is completely different from purposefully caging children and tearing them away from their adults, just out of spite.

Your argument is just more of "I know you are, but what am I" that we hear all the time from Trumpees. It is getting very stale by now.
Do you have any pics of the cages? Are they the dog crates like we use in our family room? Any dimensions? Do they use the bottom pan and a liner?

I mean, can the tykes even stand up in them?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:25 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You know who would support Trump and this policy -- Putin and Kim.

That's your American allies now.

MAGA

I have never known a US Administration like this one.

Punish and bully your closest allies, whilst looking at despots with respect.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
this is saving the children from the liberal supported human trafficking

liberals belong in hell..
Where are the girls being kept?

Why haven’t we seen them on the news?

Take the log out of your own eye.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:26 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Interestingly enough, it is us Americans who are the "bad ones" grabbing kids out of the arms of parents.
you don't have a clue, I'm sorry, but you don't....American's need to start realizing that laws are made to protect others....

I guess you missed the part about how many criminals are coming into America, and if you don't take the kids, they could be hurt, but I suppose way to many people are using this to hate Trump even more.

If Trump put the kids in with their parents and other detainees, and there were criminals, drug runners, child molesters, in with them, and they hurt or worse, killed one of those kids, you'd be screaming to.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:27 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Of course it isn’t bad.

What we are seeing is the same mindset that continues to defend the confederacy and thinks that Andrew Jackson was a good president.

Maybe a few of them are mad because they were taken in by the ultimate huckster and so now need to take it out on others, but for the most part, this is who these people are.
They are mean and cruel just like their guy in the WH.

Oh sure, some will claim that they care about laws, unless, of course the laws state that discrimination based on color or sexual orientation is wrong and then they’ll throw that out the window.

They’ll profess fealty to Jesus but completely ignore His actual words regarding “the least of these.”

They’ve got all sorts of justifications for their inhumanity, each more self-serving than the last.

There’s no point in engaging them, it just makes them double-down on the crazy.
Just be glad that your heart hasn’t yet turned to stone.

Classic "blame the victim" post!

Well done!

Old 06-20-2018, 06:30 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
First the Pope, now the British PM. One by one, some of the most powerful leaders on the planet are condemning Trump's "Zero Tolerance Policy."

https://twitter.com/ReutersUK/status...97439919480832
yes, and guess what, they are the ones wanting a world wide global economy.

The Pope, I wouldn't give you a plug nickle for the pope. Who is he anyway, a man, a man who condoned many others of his kind, to rape and molest children....no sir, anyone who would excuse laws for convenience sake, is wrong...

I don't care what they say...or who says it...

I know a man from England who won't go back there any longer b/c his home town is over run by people from other countries. So, it works both ways...you cannot open the flood gates and not expect terror inside....like we have now...

You know what we should do, to get that point across, it should be a law, that when a crime is committed they have to tell Americans, if that person was an illegal...maybe then, people would start to wake up....

Old 06-20-2018, 06:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Do you have any pics of the cages? Are they the dog crates like we use in our family room? Any dimensions? Do they use the bottom pan and a liner?

I mean, can the tykes even stand up in them?

Here ya go:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44518942

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lding-facility

I read where one of these "detention centers" was a re-purposed closed Walmart store so, no...they're not being kept in small cages.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:31 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
So when a criminal in the UK is sent to prison, they get to keep their kids with them?

Not to mention the reputation the UK has with it's grooming gangs. Been going on for 30+ years and the law has turned a blind eye. No wonder they support child trafficking along the US/MX border. Just trying to normalize this sort of thing I guess.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-20-2018 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies