Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 06:49 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,767 times

Advertisements

Liberals and their ridiculous sense of “moral outrage” is pathetic. We have American children in homeless shelters, being abused and neglected, tossed around the foster system. None of you care. We have homeless American veterans without limbs sitting outside most military installations and none of you care.
Do a little research on orphans in Honduras and other Central American countries. Have you been there? I have. These kids’ best hope is being separated from their “parents”. I assure you that most of the adults are not related to the kids they bring.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:50 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Here ya go:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44518942

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lding-facility

I read where one of these "detention centers" was a re-purposed closed Walmart store so, no...they're not being kept in small cages.
Wait. Chain link fencing like surrounds elementary schools and playgrounds? Am I missing something?

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
[/b]

That couldn't happen now? A 17-year old boy could not abuse or kill another boy?

Children need to stay with the parents.
In jail?

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
This I do agree with the right. Political negotiations must begin to free the hostages.

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That article doesn't say I'm wrong. It's not a Trump policy. It's the law, and Trump must follow it.
It's not a law. Says that in the link.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:51 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/polit...omp/index.html

I don't know how anybody can support this. I know a lot of people like Trump for various reasons, be it social/religious issues or economic issues, but these people are truly cold-hearted. How far into the abyss is everyone going to follow Trump?
Just have a look at any history book to get some idea how far into the abyss people are likely to follow him. Propaganda is a powerful weapon, and Americans at this point are so devoid of critical thinking skills that they are easy prey for the rhetoric and pseudo-logic coming from hate mongers and populists like Trump. We are at the end of an era here in America; the elections of 2018 and 2020 are going to tell the tale about whether we continue as a nation founded on the basic principles of human values and freedom, or if we decide to go down a different path.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:51 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Despite trump's recent claim at the G7 that our relationship with our allies is a "10" the British PM condemns trump on the floor of Parliament today.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8407846.html
Why do you support foreign leaders interfering in American politics hoping to have an impact on elections ?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:52 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump and many of his supporters operate on the worst traits in humans. They are truly despicable and deplorable.
Why don’t you get in your car today and drive down there to the border? You can livestream the whole thing and we will see you write a big check and offer to house, feed, clothe, educate, and pay medical insurance for a few?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:52 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Magritte25 Added to your post I see.
yes, I did, why?

Quote:
Seriously? No one complains about bullying in schools and suicides? Maybe scroll through the topics on this board alone. That's an out and out lie to say no one complains of it.
when was the last time, you came into a thread and said, the parents need to be help accountable for suicides happening in schools, all over our nation? I've seen you protest guns, and blame guns for kids exploding due to being bullied...instead of the kid doing the bullying...but when did you actually point a finger at the parents?
Quote:
The spin being put on by the right is astounding.
No actually there is no spin, I can honestly say, that there are no lies, no Exaggerated stories...
show me the evidence that these kids are being ripped out of the arms of the parents, and help captive in nazi, prison camps.

Nazi prison camps didn't feed the prisioners, they beat them, made them work, didn't feed them...didn't give them medical attention, didn't allow them to bath....where are you seeing this happen, now?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Of course you didn't hear anything about it, but it was happening....

No, the fact actually happens to be, that you want our borders open to the world, "come on in", without any control over who comes in...well, it's breaking the bank, and if we don't do something soon, our country will be nothing but a huge tent city...we'll be broke....

No, I wasn't shocked and outraged when anyone Bush or Obama was doing this....actually, kudos for doing so...

at least those kids are much safer than they were traveling here...at least their clean...get 3 meals a day, what do you think they looked like before they got here, were they thirsty, hungry? How many died or were kiiled on their way?
WTF --I will repeat -- it appears there is some dispute as to the rate, why and whether or not it happened under other administrations.

A Border Patrol guy on NPR yesterday said that -- yes the policy is not new. They separate the kids while the parents are processed but the reunite the parents -- what happens after that is up to ICE.

As for at least they have three meals and a bed, every child expert has agreed that the emotional and physical trauma of being separated from their parents is a pain beyond belief.

Form a practical perspective...keeping families together eliminates the need to track children and parents and try to keep them organized. This way when a Mom and/or Dad gete sent back to mexico -- they are sent back with their kids. The kids aren't lost somewhere in the USA and stranded here without any relatives.

I'm truly dumbfounded by the lack of compassion for toddlers being taken away from parents. You mus tnot be a parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies